Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Season Four End With The Equestria Games?

Princess Lona

I know that's what we're all expecting, what with so many episodes focusing on the anticipation building up to the games, but we also know that the season finale will revolve around the mystery box. The problem is that the mystery box is in the Everfree Forest and the games are in the Crystal Empire. So how will the logistics of that work? Will they open the box in part one and get the mystery item but not understand its meaning, then go to the games and use the item in part 2? Or will they go to the games, have the big problem arise, realize that they need to open the box, then go on a frantic race to Everfree? Or will whatever climactic thing happens at the games be the event that results in Twilight getting her key and they'll go open the box as part of the falling action/resolution?

Or perhaps the Equestria Games episode will be the last regular season episode before the finale, and the finale will have nothing to do with the games. I really don't know but I'm leaning towards predicting that opening the box will be more of a reward after the big fight, and not a task they must complete to win.

What do you think?

Edited by Princess Lona

I think the Equestria Games will be done by the end of this season. In my opinion, many of us would be disappointed if it was dragged out into another one. Not to mention it would make no sense at this point. I don't think it will be the center piece of the end of the season ,though I could see that happening but it would be hard to pull it off, and would most likely result in a season finale that feels like it has a bit too much crammed into it.

The writers will try to cram the Equestria Games somewhere, but they will end the season with the Six Keys arc involving the Chest of Harmony. They could have the end of the Equestria Games this season, but before they deal with the end of finding the six keys to unlock the six locks.

My theory is that the season villain is going to attack at the Equestria Games and attempt to ruin them. Mane 6 have to charge back to Ponyville to get the chest and unlock it so they can defeat the villain. 

Also inside the lockbox is rainbow power.

• Brohoof 2

Probably, probably not?

While it may look like it might be headed this way, I do believe that a new villain is bound to show up soon, and with the box open, which is the rainbow power since it's not a surprise anymore, my guess is that it will be like a canterlot wedding, just more actiony I guess.

well before season 4 i just imagined equestrian games would be one more episode.

Seriously, the equestrian games has a better build than Anything else on the whole damn show.

Would i be bummed about it not being in season 4? 
I'd nit pick about it,

but like it's not as if games ponies play, or rainbow falls were like,

the cats pjs of the show.  They were good.  (least games ponys play was).

but like.......eh.

I could take it or leave it being the final.

• Brohoof 1

They've certainly built it up enough...since last season, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least since all of the finales to date have been focused on HUGE social events/gatherings;

Season 1-The Grand Galloping Gala

Season 2-The Royal Wedding

Season 3-Twilight's Coronation Ceremony

So, I would be more than surprised if the Games are completed before the finale episodes air.

• Brohoof 1

Ya know, that's a good question.

They've been talking about the games on & off since "Games Ponies Play", so it only makes sense it would happen late this season. We don't want it dragged out so long we stop caring, now do we?

However, we also have build up to the Harmony Chest and Rainbow Power too, which will be an even bigger thing.

So the games will continue to build to Season 5 (Premiere story?), will happen just before the Finale, or the two storylines will collide. 

Guess we'll find out sooner or later.

I don't really know if the Games will be the season finale. I don't really want them to. I have no interest in them. Also, the villains would most certainly attack it, so wouldn't be very surprising. Then again, they could surprise us like they did with a Royal Wedding.

I think the games have to be this season. I thought the whole reason they were having games this season was to coincide with the Olympics. But then again, if that were really the case, the Equestria Games episode would have to air very soon. It wouldn't make sense to have an Olympics parody that airs months after the Olympics.

I think they may be in the same episode.  I'm thinking something happens at the games that makes them have to rush to open the box to defeat the villain.  The ending could be a three parter also.  (Actually that last sentence may have been proven wrong by some official announcement a while ago.)

• Brohoof 1