Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Equine World RP

Demirari

"Ah, anyways, we'll d'parting back to the shep, Cap just wated to inform you of thet." The lead sailor then motioned to his fellows to move. They departed as they arrived. They moved along, they seemed to be more focused on reaching to the ship.

Gentle Secret watched before looking around. "Alright, you can come down Byter Branchwise," her pronunciation was a bit off. Due to the unique sound and all. Hopefully she didn't offend the creature.

----

"Ay captain, we'll round and blast that ship," the helmsmen spoke as the captain watched. The ship the captain was on was uninteresting, normal… ubiquitous. The best ship, minus the cannons on the sides of course. Cannons, only for the successful. Expensive.

The ship had more ballistas on the sides, areas where they ran out of cannons to place. And there was nothing eye-catching, but the weaponry. No flag, nothing as it rounded the port.

The target was a moderately large ship, a caravan. More armored and soon, it will be heading out in its first fight, unwillingly. It was soon at this moment, that the caravan shall be tested in combat.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

@@@, @@

(OOC: My excuses to all of you. Demirari and I have done a terrible job Gming, leaving you all in the dust while we did our own things. This is going to change NOW! So don't worry.)

Bartender:

A loud snort, and a soft thump broke the silence of the tavern. "Dah, waht... Waz goin on. What?" Samuil 'strong stuff' Gobskull awoke from his sleep. He had been sleeping with his head on the counter, after waking up in the morning and opening the tavern. There hadn't been anyone before he had fallen asleep, but now the tavern was filled with ponies.

"Oh jeez, here I go making a fool of myself immediately. It's a miracle that my tavern filled up like this! Can I get any of you a drink? Place to sleep perhaps?" He said out loud to all the ponies in the tavern. He looked at his colleague, a younger stallion. He had helped Gentle Secret get her order. "Have you offered any of these ponies a drink?" He said to him soflty. The young stallion shrugged. "If you weren't the only one I could get I'd fire you right now... Why didn't you wake me up-" He realised that things like this would be bad for buisiness. "Let me apologise by giving a round on the house!" He shouted to the ponies inside.

"Excellent..." A tan colored stallion was standing in the doorway to the tavern. He'd only just gotten in. He walked up to the counter. "That'll be a tall beer for me then!" He said bluntly. "You just got here! You can't just-" The stallion gave him a daring look. Samuil sighed and gave him his drink. There was no arguing with ponies like those. "Right then, you wobblelegged landlubbers! T'all a ye. Ther's been a problem at port. A bunch of dumbasses didn't show up for settin' sail." He started to explain loudmouthedly. "If any of ye are up for a grand adventure, then just go ahead an' join me captains crew..." He said. He then took a big swig from his drink and burped. "T'aint like we need some experienced sailors. Just bravehearted fellas..." He said, more to himself a bit absentmindedly than to the others. He looked at his drink and smiled. "Aint it a wonderful liquid, beer..." He thought.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Byter Branchwise heard Gentle secret call for him again. He jumped down from the roof, barely making a sound as he got to the ground. He grinned at the mare. "So you are going to the western continent? Interesting..." He had assumed that she was going there, since that was where mainly everyone was going to from this port. "I've never been there myself. I'd love to come along with you, but..." He simply pointed to his body. "I don't think they'd let me just walk along looking like this!" He said. He then grinned even wider. 

"Unless, of course, if I were just an animal... I have a question for you Gentle Secret. I'd like to see a little more of this town, of your kind, and most of all that ship. Sadly, this isn't possible, as I'd be arrested immediately if I were to walk here on my own. But, if I weren't responsible for my actions. If I weren't sentient, and if I were just your pet, nopony would have an excuse to do anything. I'd get to see everything wihout even having to bother being subtle! If you were to do this for me, I'd give you something of considerable value in exchange..." He pointed towards his backpack, constructed out of a bare wooden frame with raw leather wrapped around it, and his belt with all sorts of trinkets and things haning from it, including a wooden wand, a sceptre, and the large staff on his back. "Strange reqeust, I will admit. But, a golden oppertunity!" He added.

It was indeed strange. He could also just act as if he were a good friend of the pony, but that would still attract too much eyes to him. People wouldn't open up entirely, they wouldn't be honest. There wouldn't be much to see if he were walking around here like an alien. But as a mindless creature, he'd get to do anything without consequences! It was a perfect plan...
Edited by Scribblegroove

Excellent..." A tan colored stallion was standing in the doorway to the tavern. He'd only just gotten in. He walked up to the counter. "That'll be a tall beer for me then!" He said bluntly. "You just got here! You can't just-" The stallion gave him a daring look. Samuil sighed and gave him his drink. There was no arguing with ponies like those. "Right then, you wobblelegged landlubbers! T'all a ye. Ther's been a problem at port. A bunch of dumbasses didn't show up for settin' sail." He started to explain loudmouthedly. "If any of ye are up for a grand adventure, then just go ahead an' join me captains crew..." He said. He then took a big swig from his drink and burped. "T'aint like we need some experienced sailors. Just bravehearted fellas..." He said, more to himself a bit absentmindedly than to the others. He looked at his drink and smiled. "Aint it a wonderful liquid, beer..." He thought.

Moonlight gave Gobskull a annoyed look before looking at the tan colored stallion "hmm sounds quite fun sailing on the sea's i pretty much have nothing to do which is starting to bore me now i guess i'l join" Moonlight said she haven't ridden a boat or a ship for a while so this will be fun for her.

(edited)

Wish Scribe.

@@Scribblegroove,

Wish's ears perked up at the declaration: having lost interest in her surroundings after the odd couple had departed. It took seconds for her to stand and throw her saddlebags securely over her back. Passage without stowing away? It was a golden opportunity!

"Sailings in my blood - I'll do it!"

What would have been an eager stumble just a few years ago had since evolved into a purposeful stride - she crossed the room quickly, securing the saddlebags extra straps around her neck and brushing her mane out of her face as she went.

"If you 'fellas' don't mind a mare showing you up, that is?"

Her wyes twinkled with cockiness - not spiteful or vindictive, but determined all the same. Truth be told, she hadn't so much as stepped hoof on a boat for a long time: let alone ever sailed one. Her cousin Red had showed her some basics though, and he was a natural!

How hard could it be?

"Wish Scribe - At your service. When do we leave?"

Edited by Cinderscribe

(edited)

@@.

The sailor chugged his last bit of beer and threw the glass on the ground, shattering it. "Excellent, you ponies are an example for every bloody worthless landlubber I can imagine... *burp*. Look at you, all excited. I'm tellin ye I like you three already!" The drunk sailor shook his head. He then realised that there were two ponies standing in front of him, both of them were mares. "Bloody hell do I say miss or madam to the two of you pretty mares." He said loudly, his smelly breath spreading around the atmosphere. He burped again and scratched his messy pepper-salt mane. "Name's Navs... Navets... Navet Steelpin. *burps* the navigator. At your service as well, under the cap'n." He said towards the two ponies.

"Anypony else up for an adventure!" He shouted, looking around the tavern, nearly falling over. "Jeez, this is some strong stuff Gobs? What'd ya give me?" He said towards the barkeeper.

"Something I thought you might enjoy. It's Cannon's beer. 'Strong stuff' yes indeedy." He said with a smile. He loved to see this stupid sailor embarass himself by getting drunk almost immediately. It was a dumbass and a twat. Only good for his job, and that's it.

Edited by Scribblegroove

(edited)

@@Scribblegroove,

Silver Wing perked up at the opportunity. There wasn't much to do in Mareston, besides of course robbing its citizens.Silver walked gracefully up to the sailors.

" My name is Silver, I'll be happy to join you on your voyage, if you need a scout I'm your best choice."

Edited by Dargent

@@Scribblegroove,

(Moonlight has a cloak over her wings so no pony should be able to know she's a bat pony alicorn thing)

"Nice to meet you Navet Steelpin my names Moonlight " Moonlight said before giving Gobskull "do you have some whiskey?" Moonlight asked. Not that she wanted to get drunk or anything.

(edited)

"So you are willing to humiliate yourself in order to learn more about ponykind?" Gentle Secret replied as she looked around. She ignored whatever was going around in the tavern. Then she walked in the direction if the port, a few steps before stopping.

"If you are willing to do so, gaining admiration from myself, honest. Fair enough, follow if you will, let's see what the captain of the ship says." Then without further delay, she walked toward the port. Slow steps at first. No need to rush now, ten minutes at most at a good pace to the port.

----

(Hope I can mimic the personalities well.)

"Whiskey eh?" Gobskull spoke as he looked at the mysterious cloaked mare. "Fair enough." Then he ducked and grabbed a bottle of whiskey. Popping the cap off, he served it to the mare.

Nevat Steelpin looked at Silver Wing a bit. Then he gave a rather loud laugh before calming down, "N-now tat's funneh! A scout? Wat are you go'ng to do? Scout the waters?" Then he opened up in laughter, a smaller one than the last. "Ah, fair e'ough. You're in."

(I killed the two in personality. I'm so sorry. xD)

Edited by Demirari

Embers walked out of the tavern, ignoring who ever was talking to him. He climbed up onto a building and slowly turned around. He sighed and pulled out his sword and jumped to another building, looking back at the small group of those who had been in the tavern. He looked down at his book, then back up. He suinted in the light and chuckled as he hoped down and looked at them

@@Dargent@@

"Right then, the three of you want a place in the crew, am I right? I think I can remember a stupid old sod of a cook bailed out on us because we didn't have enough 'exotic ingredients' for his food. As if we need some kind fancy pants *burp* meals on a bloody ship. So that's what we need, we need a cook, and I think we also need a watchman for in the crow's nest, and we need a few ponies for the common jobs on the ship. Cleanin', keepin the sails correctly, rowing if we ain't going fast enough..." The stallion lost his balance after this long piece of dialogue. His brain was not capable enough of keeping his balance and speaking at the same time in this state of drunkness... He regained his balance and looked at the ponies again. "You goin'ta have to find out for yerselves what job fits ye best. I'mma go to the ship now, it's in port on pier 9, or 10... the big ship... the one with the blue and red flag. Just go there in about 30 minutes and tell them Navet the navigator send you..." He said as he stumbled out of the tavern, leaving the three ponies behind to discuss which positions would be assigned to which pony.

(@@Demirari, Sorry by scout I meant lookout. I blame sleep deficiency.)

Silver looked at the other two ponies who had offered to go on the voyage, a armor clad earth pony and a unicorn.

"Seeing as I'm the only one here who possesses wings, I suppose I shall be the spotter."

(It's ok. I just smiled and had a small laugh reading that.)

Gentle Secret continued her trek forward. She was certain the creature was behind her. Then her ears flickered as she heard cannon shots. Loud. Loud sounds meant heavy duty cannons. The ones that were be mounted on a ship.

It was so, the sounds of a small naval skirmish was loud enough to rang through most of the city. A duel, a mismatch that will be soon be found out. The fact of the matter with the caravan sailing in the small port toward the open sea, its crew trying their hardest.

A smaller ship followed, nimble, or was it? It fired its ballistas, the most common on board at the fleeing ship. They were easily deflected by the armor coating. The larger ship returned fire with cannons, being much more well armored and equipped, due to being in the Equestrian Navy.

Arrow sat out in the distance, watching the combat play out. It was an interesting sight to see. To him at least. The ponies with cannons and what not. killing one another for what? Its silly to just fight for idiotic reasons. Whether it be land, gold, silver, or just for territory. Its silly. Why can't we all be friends?

Edited by Wolframite