Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Equine World RP

Demirari

Welcome to the ever expanding world of Equine. A world of three continents filled with fortune and treasures yet undiscovered. To the East, the mystical Eastern Continent. The West, a continent of fire and progress. And finally, the Equestrian continent in the middle.

Lore and Starting Location:

Equestrian Continent: Split into three main powers: the Principality of Equestria, the Crystal Empire, and the Griffon Empire. It is a land of diversity, the cold winds of the north, the humid and continental climate of the middle, and the tall peaks of the south.

Two vast oceans surround the continent, the Lunar Ocean and the Atmantic Ocean. If one manages to get inboard the many great airships or ships, they will be able to reach the two large continents opposite of the Equestrian continent. However, it is filled with dangers, and as such, many dare not to tempt their fate and luck. But a new type of ship and airship classified the Caravan may change this forced isolation.

----

The sun was beating down on the soil at an astonishing 90 degrees. Despite this, Equestria continued its course. With ponies mostly staying within homes, minus the brave, such as the hard-working farmers and the ever so greedy merchants.

----

Gentle Secret sighed as she wiped her forehead with a cloth she bought. Then, she withdrew the cloth to one of her saddlebags. Maybe it wasn't a good idea right now, but she had to continue.

Sighing in relief, she entered a small tavern before ordering just a jug of cool water before retiring herself to a far off corner. She drank in silence, her rapier next to her. About another hour or so and she'll depart on one of those new fancy caravans to the Western continent. For now, she'll drink quietly in the port city of Mareston.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

(OOC: Really? Nobody else has answered yet?)

Wish Scribe.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/wish-scribe-adult-r5928

Wish sat - alert and hurried looking as ever - pouring over an old, battered and significantly weather-worn map of Equestria. It had been... how long had it been since she left home? Not as long as it felt, probably. Still, after all these years there just wasn't anywhere left to search - anywhere in Equestria that she hadn't looked...

Most ponies would have taken this as a sign from destiny: 'give up and go home'. Wish saw it more along the lines of a challenge.

The armour sat heavy on her frame - but she ignored it. She was used to its weight now: how to distribute it and move with it... and it was easier to just wear than take off, with her constant travelling. Tattered saddlebags lay beside her on the table, alongside a mostly forgotten drink.

The mare purposefully ran a piece of charcoal over the map - crossing out yet another location. She sighed, grinned and rolled up the paper - brushing her bold blue mane from in front of her face as she did.

"If I can't find you anywhere in Equestria, then I'll just have to go outside of it..." She muttered to herself - long since past feeling any sense of defeat. "I'm coming brother, you can't hide forever!"

Edited by Cinderscribe

Embers sat on a street, he could hear ponys talking all around him. He had a hood pulled over his head, and a coat on him, he was using it as his blanket as he looked down at his sword, tilting it slightly so he could scrub the blood off of it. He sighed, he would have to get more blood on his coat as he scrubbed his blade clean.

He really needed to stop getting into fights, but hey, It payed enuff to go get him some more food for his living. He glanced up at the stars, fighting to live wasnt much of  away of living, but it was living. After he scrubbed the last flakes of caked blood, he got up and walked around the street, looking for some place to get some food

(edited)

Byter branchwise: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs37/i/2008/242/3/2/Satyr_by_Grusborg.jpg

The smell of the pollen, the soft breeze of the wind in his hair, the leaves rusling in the wind. All was in balance. The ground he ast on, steady as rock, yet fluid deep below. The trees, old and young at the same time, shielding him from the outside world. Even though Byter Branchwises eyes were closed, he saw more than ever. This was a good place... A peaceful place. Meditating here was easier than usually. He didn't know what had compelled him to sit down here specificallly, but aparrently he had made the right descision. A few more mintes, and his mind would be dissolved into the surroundings enough to speak to the local forest spirits... Or at least attempt to communicate with them. He focused on his breath, keeping it low and steady, and emptied his mind. Everything was silent.

Then his stomach growled...

He opened his eyes wide. "Oh what..." He said softly to himself, looking down at his stomach. He felt hungry, and it had completely broke his concentration. "Dangit..." He whispered. He grunted as he slowly got up on two hooves, his muscles stiff of the long meditating. He shook his head and took up the environment again. There he was, in the middle of a clearing in a forest. How long had he been here? He looked up to the sun. "3 hours... Not a record time, but somethin to be proud of." He said softly as be streched his legs, kicking the air a few times, and jumping up and down a few times. He streched his back, and something cracked. He let out a sigh of relief. That muscle had been bothering him for a while. He stroke his small beard and looked down at his equipment, laying at his hooves. A small wooden frame, with a few raw leather strals around it, functioning as a backpack, held nothing edible anymore. "I need to get something to eat..."

He streched his claws in and out a few times, and then used his right middle finger to pick something that was between his long sharp teeth. It was a little bit of bird, that he had caught in a different forest yesterday. He could remember it just now, he had used just a rock, his strength and predicition to clear it straight out the sky. He thought back of it proudly and grinned. 'Surely there must be food to find around here somewhere!' He thought.

He looked around the open spot for the third time now. The sleepyness in his head had cleared to make room for a little bit of good old feral bloodlust. He wanted food, and he was going to get something. He wasn't a predator for nothing. He grabbed his craggy backpack and his staff, and retrieved a tal but slim bottle from his belt. He popped open the lid of it and drank the clear golden fluid that was in it. Mead brewn like this was good for an energy kick. He placed back the bottle in the holder on his belt and started moving. Even though he was loaded with ballast, it felt good to run through the forest. He made sure his hooves made as little sound as possible while still moving as quickly as he could. There was prey waiting for him...

Instead of finding prey, he found the edge of the forest.

the edge...

"THE EDGE!" He yelled in extasy. Had he made it? Had he finally found the end of the stupid forest he'd been in for the past two weeks? He had. There it was, Mareston. The port city to the west, as he had heard from that one very nice zebra in one of the forests further to the east. This would lead him on, on whatever adventure he wanted.

His stomach growled again. He had to get some food. He remembered that these ponies didn't hunt for their food. There were places they'd go and get the food in exchange for 'bits'. He had some bits, and as ridiculous as that concept was, he didn't have time for hunting now... A tavern, that was what he was looking for.

And he found one. On the edge of Mareston, he saw a place where he could get food. He didn't know how the ponies would react to a bloody satyr entering the building like it was nothing, but he looked similiar to a minotaur, so they wouldn't immediately think of him as a monster, would they...

He hesitated. It was right there, the large structure was by far bot high enough for him to stand in, and he didn't know how he would approach the owner of the food properly. He instead had a better plan.

He ducked low, making sure nothing and nobody saw him. He went towards the window of the tavern and slowly opened it, making sure it made no sound. The pony sitting behind it couldn't see him without sticking her head out of the window.

@Demirari

"Oi, ponymare, get me something to eat will you, I am starving!" He said softly to the mare behind the window, sitting by a table with a jug of water. Before she could see him, he reckoned he should warn her. "Don't shout, or scream please. I don't feel like explaining myself to the authorities..." He said. He licked his lips as he crouched beside the window. Even, if the mare did scream, he could leg it... Or bust the place and steal all their food like a proper saryr would, but that wouldn't be very civil of him.

Edited by Scribblegroove

The brown unicorn wonders through the streets, having some heavy armor plates covering certain areas (vital areas) and a bow sling don't his back with a big quiver right next to the bow. He was walking as if royal, head held up high, his walk. He walks past a pony with blood on his coat. Arrow does nothing but walks pass with a nod, he wouldn't mind if he didn't see him, at least he trying to be friendly for once.

Embers glanced over, he saw the pony walk past him and nod, but he didnt much care. He never had time to talk with the ponys up high, the ones with there elite. He sighed and got up, looking up at the sky, and he smiled. He then hoped up, onto a building. He chuckled as he looked around, the streets had few ponys on them, most likely due to the heat of the day. He smiled as he hoped down, looking around him.

Gentle Secret was certainly curious of whoever was asking her to get food for him or her, a male would be the best bet. And who the hell thinks they could demand someone to get food for their lazy bum? Still acting calm and breathing normally, she gripped her rapier with her magic. That certainly raised some eyebrows from the ponies in the tavern, no surprise there. Some returned to their doings, or seem to be.

Ignoring some suspicious glances, she looked out of the window. No one. Alright, maybe up? Nada. Fair enough, down? That gave her one a pause. What short of creature is this. Deciding to respond, believing this was a sentient being, "What are you and why should I give you food?" She whispered, loud enough for the creature to hear only.

(edited)

Wish Scribe.

@@Demirari,
@@Scribblegroove,

Wish's eyes flicked towards the door as the...

'What the name of all that's sacred is that?'

... thing, wandered into the tavern.

It seemed to be harassing a mare - it was hard to tell, but she didn't look particularly impressed with its presence: at least as far as Wish could tell. Unfortunately, the two were talking too quietly for Wish to make out any specific words. She just watched - not taking any particular care to conceal her interest - especially as the sword moved.

'Hold on, this isn't going to end up like back in... Oh, that was a mess. Fun! But still a mess...'

It certainly looked like it was going to end badly: she placed a hoof atop her saddlebag and waited: wide eyed and eager to see what took place. If anything did happen, she wanted to see everything - and be ready to jump in or out respectively if it came her way. Her hoof brushed against some old pwper inside the bag and finally came to rest against the short length of rope.

Edited by Cinderscribe

Arrow walks into the tavern. He looks at his surrounding, ponies doing their beezwax he walks up to the counter and order some drink (too lazy to be specific, sorry) he waits for only a few seconds before recieving his drink. He sips it, ignoring the most strangest scene going on in the inn. He could care less about it, unless, it got physical.

Embers hoped from house to house, more and more ponys were leaving the streets, going to there homes, hotels, or to one of the pubs. He sighed and trailed the pony who had tilted his head to the pub. He slowly walked in and took a seat in one of the far corners, getting a biscuit to eat. He opened his book and started reading, but glanced up to see what all the fuss was about 

(edited)

(I never went inside, I decided to ask gentle secret to get me some food instead of going in and wrecking the place)

@Demirari

Branchwises stomach growled again. "Bloody hell ponymare, can you imagine THIS face-" he pointed at his face "-to just walk into a pony-prey-exchange tavern thingy? Just keep quiet, get me some food and I'll be off, no trouble whatsoever..." Hr spoke quietly, but urging her at the same time. He placed his bag of bits, which was filled with much more than nescesary, on the window counter. "Take these then, I don't need them." He added.

He quickly looked around to see if anyone had noticed him.

And bloody bugger one of them had. She was in the tavern, looking straight at him. He raised his finger to his mouth, signaling her to please don't do anything stupid...

Edited by Scribblegroove

(edited)

"Fair enough," Gentle Secret replied as she casted a weight spell on the bag of bits. It was certainly a good amount for what the strange creature may need and extra. Then she continued, "I will be right back with your lunch." And she left it at that. She didn't add in, 'Don't do anything stupid,' to not offend the creature.

Best not to judge a creature's intelligence immediately. Though his knowledge of pony-culture… was short and probably at best, only know a single thread of pony kind. Or, he worded it that way intentionally. But best not to as she proceeded to place an order. She picked on the most healthiest she could fine, and guessed at the selection. She didn't know if the creature was a herbivore, carnivore, or omnivore. But she did order a pair of chicken wings. Much to the dismay of the bartender. Not that she really cared of course.

Gentle Secret waited patiently, looking around the room. New ponies had arrived, much to her disinterest. If they gave her the same treatment, everything will go along. If not, she'll let them strike first, if they attack her.

Gentle Secret then returned her attention to a good sized amount of food. That was troubling. She'll use her saddlebag for now, careful not to spoil any of the goods. Especially the chicken wings, which were probably roasted over a fire.

Gentle Secret returned to her seating, carefully lifting out the fruits, vegetables, and the pair of wings. She didn't order anything "cooked," nor very prepared. They were raw, minus the wings of course. This was intentional and not in a way to offend the creature. Looking around, she noted a mare staring. As long as nothing goes southbound.

"Mind the food not prepped, minus the wings, I was not sure how you like your food prepared, as such, I ordered them in this state. My apologies if I offend you." Gentle Secret ended it like that.

Edited by Demirari

Silver Wing walked quietly into the tavern, observing its occupants.There wasn't much of interest, nopony worth paying attention to or robbing for that matter.Silver walked up to the bartender and ordered a glass of water.After he ordered he got a better look at the the tavern and let out a silent gasp as he noticed some monstrous creature in the window of the tavern.All he could do was stare from his seat, wondering if he was dreaming.

(edited)

@@Demirari,

(awkward intro coming right up)

Moonlight entered the Tavern she has a cloak over her wings she didn't want any unwanted attention at the moment. She looked rather confident and prideful which made her look rather intimidating  She went the counter (assuming theres one) ignoring the suspicious looks she gets she ordered a pair of chicken wings and waited.

(i don't care what you think about my intro ;_; feel free to try and interact with her though. )

Edited by moonlight7starshine

To Byter's surprise, the mare actually got some food for him. Without a single bit of hesitation. This mare was either incredibly stupid, or incredibly smart. He guessed the second, since she had one of those weird straight horns on her forehead, which implied that a pony was usually pretty smart. And she was good with words. He remembered that being good with words meant that you were smart in the pony lands. 'might as well play along then' he thought

He retrieved the bag of goods, and grinned ar the mare, his razor sharp teeth blinking in the sunlight. "I have to say, I was in no burdened state of mind that the creatures of the equine race were so tolerable towards beigs of my stature and visual properties. I thank you, my dear yet unnamed mare." He said, trying to copy the mares accent, as his own sounded like that of a diamond dog, only lower and clearer.

"In other words, thanks ponymare, I appreciate it..." He said with his own voice. He then laughed, let himself fall down on the grass behind the window and grabbed an apple from the bag. The juicy fruit was quickly devoured by the beast, juice dripping from the corners of his mouth. "Tell me, friendly ponymare, what is your name?" He said. He knew it was a tradition that one would ask another his name. He also knew that it was considered polite that you mentioned your own name first, but he reckoned a subtle hint that he actually didn't care in te slightest was in it's place here. He was a different race after all. If he'd greet her like a satyr, hed storm up and headbutt her immediately...

'and then immediately get impaled by that horn... Perhaps it is good for something...' he thought.

Embers looked around, He sighed and looked down at his book, needing to do something. He tilted his head and looked down at the words, all of them were starting to turn into a garbled smear. He sighed and shut the book, then looked around. It seemed as if the heat of the day had driven many new ponys here, he took a sip of his water and moved to a better place to observe them, as many of them were doing 

Interesting. Sharp teeth along with the indigestion of the apple. That means omnivore. Omnivores are usually rather intelligent. Gentle Secret allowed a small curving of her lips, in amusement. Very interesting, trying to copy her Canterlot accent. A loose fun-loving personality?

"Should it be that you tell me your name, and I return the favor afterwards?" Gentle Secret replied, maybe a lack of care of politeness and civility? Perhaps. But that thought soon was submerged into the depths of her mind. "But if I must, my name is Gentle Secret of Canterlot, may I know yours?"

Anala trotted down the street, and stopped upon noticing a tavern. She somehow shrugged (despite walking on all fours) and entered the tavern. It seemed to be a rather thriving, bustling place. She sat down at the bar, and tapped her hoof on the table.

Anala: Hey, can I get a vodka over here?

Interesting. Sharp teeth along with the indigestion of the apple. That means omnivore. Omnivores are usually rather intelligent. Gentle Secret allowed a small curving of her lips, in amusement. Very interesting, trying to copy her Canterlot accent. A loose fun-loving personality?

"Should it be that you tell me your name, and I return the favor afterwards?" Gentle Secret replied, maybe a lack of care of politeness and civility? Perhaps. But that thought soon was submerged into the depths of her mind. "But if I must, my name is Gentle Secret of Canterlot, may I know yours?"

Branchwises eyes widened as he was reaching in the bag for the chicken. "Canterlot? That bloody monstrosity of a mountain city? The thing that conquers the giant of the land? That is truly an impressive place. I walked past it a few weeks ago... I just don't understand why they would build it there. Too much trouble. This town makes much more sense to me." He explained. He looked at the mare in interest. 'kind, intelligent and of high status. I think I struck gold meeting this one!' he thought. He was afraid that it might look like he was considering her as a dessert, so he quickly ripped off a piece of chicken and devoured it.

"Then again, why even make houses when you can sleep in the trees. You ponies cut down perfectly habitable trees to make these structures. It confuses me." He said. He grinned. Of course he understood that these ponies wanted comfort over simplicity, but that didn't stop him from mocking them.

"I see you are a proud owner of a horn. You must be a 'unicorn' am I correct? That means you have access to magic! Fascinating... I can't use my horns to wield magic. It's a shame really... Anyway, my name, that was where I was getting to wasn't it? My name is Byter Branchwise, of... Well, I wonder equestria... Can't really find a proper home here with my looks. I came from the east!" He explained. He ripped off another piece of chicken. He preferred it raw, or even better, squirming, but as long as it was edible, he would eat it.

Arrow was sneakingnpeeks at what the few creatures were doing. It was strange seeing a civilized being that is… a halfling in a tavern not causing much trouble. Except being a beggar to the poor lady. He continued his short glances and such making sure thing weren't going down hill.

"It makes no sense of course, but I rather not judge whoever decided to put the city up in a dangerous location," Gentle Secret agreed, "And comforts, houses are comfortable. Then she watched as the creature are the chicken wing. It was a bit disgusting, but traveling to the griffin empire had eased the… disgust.

"Well yes I am an unicorn," Gentle Secret continued after a brief pause, "Very interesting that you came from the east. There must be very interesting things over there." She assumed that the creature came from the Eastern Continent.

Then something caught her eyes. Around four stallions were approaching, and from their uniforms. That meant the Equestrian Navy. That either means random sailors coming to the tavern or that they were part of the caravan crew… the same ship she was going to board.

Gentle Secret checked a clock nearby, hanging on one of the tavern's walls. She was twenty minutes late. Thankfully the ship wasn't carrying any passengers and they were requested to send her to the Western Continent. Courtesy of a high-ranking noble of Canterlot.

Gentle Secret returned her attention to the sailors and the creature once more. There was a high chance the sailors were looking for her. And if they were, that means she needed to go.

Embers looked down at his book, smiling as he did. He had gotten most of the blood off of it, and he was feeling very good. He chuckled as he sat it down and looked around, He still had his bandanna on and he would soon need to leave, as the time was slowly ticking. He sighed, guessing that there would be no fights today. He got up and walked around the tavern for a little, before running back to grab his book

@Demirari

Byter looked up from his meal to see what gentle secret was looking at. It were four stallions in blue. Blue like sea. Must have something to do with the great deel blue he guessed.

"Are those fella's bothering you? If you'd allow me to return a favour I'd be happy to scare them off..." He said, still eating a bit of chicken. He was fairly well concealed, but he eventually realised that he had to move to not be seen. He stood up grabbed the bag of food and winked at the mare. "Just give a shout, and I'll be there!" He said. He then quickly ran away from the window, staying low, towards the side of the building. He then skillfully climbed up to the roof, and hid behind a chimney. He wouldn't be seen here, but he would be able to see gentle secret just fine. He'd follow her around, she was interesting to talk to. He grinned. She actually was a little boring, at least up until now. She was the ONLY one he could talk to, that was true...

Gentle Secret watched the creature disappear. Like a feline, how the creature moved. But that must be put on hold as she returned her attention on the Equestrian Navy sailors. They just entered the tavern and were scanning. They may be the ones from the caravan's crew.

After a while, they spotted her. And immediately moved towards Gentle Secret. The lead spoke, his accent was thick and unusual, "Miss, you wouldn't happen to be Ms. Gentle?" Deep in tone, but such trivial things will be laid to rest for now.

"Yes. Yes I am." A simple response.

"Go'd," the pronunciation of good was strange, "I sa'pose it would be gret if you come to the shep. Cap is get'ng more impatient." The lead sailor continued. Gentle Secret nodded her head.

"Will an extra passenger be allowed?" Gentle Secret asked. She was thinking if she could bring that creature along. For research purposes.

"Uh? T'at will be at the hooves of the Cap." He responded.

@@Demirari 

Byter attempted to eavesdrop the conversation going on down below. His ears were pretty good at doing things like that. It was one of the perks of being a predator… When he heard the mentioning of a ship, his interest was piqued. He had heard ponies talk with this accent before. Those were the ones who build and live on water, or ‘sailors’ as they called themselves. He also heard that Gentle Secret was about to come along with them!

He would follow her, and he’d get to talk to the friendly mare some more and get to see a ship up close! He would kill two birds with one stone! But he’d have to find a way not to attract attention. A sentient beast was far too alarming for all these ponies. Then he heard Gentle Secret mentioning that she wanted to bring another passenger along. He couldn’t be sure, but since she hadn’t conversed with anyone else she must be thinking of him!

“How dare she think that I will just come along wit he like a pet! I don’t even feel like going to the west, I haven’t even seen half of this land!”

Then he realised something. A pet! That was a perfect way to remain mostly unnoticed. If he acted like a real animal, instead of a sentient one, the ponies wouldn’t be distressed. They feared what they did not understand, and even though talking beasts were not exactly scarce in this world, beings of his ferocity with an intelligent mind frightened most of the equine race. It was similar to their fear of full grown dragons. Too much size with brains.

He could follow Gentle Secret around, get to see more from how the ponies lived and worked, and would get to see the ship with the excuse that he was ‘just an animal’. And as soon as he’d be bored with playing stupid, he’d run off into the forest! He just had to get Gentle Secret to play along… Then his deceptive plan would work just fine.

He peeked over the edge of the roof to see what was going on. The sailors were still there, and so was Secret. He’d wait for them to leave and then talk to Secret about his plan. It was a golden opportunity for him to learn more about this strange equine society.