Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you erase your life and move to Equestria?

Clockwork Chaos

Would you erase your life and live in Equestria?  

109 users have voted

1. 1. Well, would you?

• I'm already packing!
    • I'm not totally on board... maybe, i guess?
    • Only if i can bring people with me, otherwise no.
    • No. I'm happy with the life i've made for myself here.

(edited)

I'm Dangerously Genre Savvy, so I'd triple-check the "erase your old life" clause first, just to make sure I wouldn't end up getting screwed over Faust-style.

Edited by Anti-Villain
  • Brohoof 2

I'd do it if it did not involve erasing my previous life. That'd be too much too bare if everyone I ever loved forgot who I was.

Now if I could take my best friend who happens to dislike anything to do with the show with me, but still keep everything I just stated above, oooooh boy. I could not wait to see the look on his face. Would be absolutely priceless.

• Brohoof 1

Well given the wording of the question as I understand, nobody would be missed because nobody in that person's like would know any difference.  Having said that, the wording you used seems to kinda imply that you really don't like your life. Quite frankly, that unsettles me.

Heck, looking at the voting pattern in general kinda bothers me.  Are we all really so unhappy with our lives that over 2/3 of us would give them up in a heartbeat for a rather uncertain future in Equestria?  I know we're an "MLP forum," but the numbers are still kind of scarily high IMO.

it wouldn't be 'uncertain' per say. you do get to pick how you want it to go; and you must understand the appeal of moving to an idyllic town with awesome people, that only occasionally falls under the blanket of an eternal night.

now i think about it, you have to appreciate that a lot of people in the forum are 15-17 sort of age, that age where everything sucks, and realistically they've not made enough of an impact, old enough friends, or deep enough relationships worth sticking around for- so it would be easier to give it all up. whereas the older people have found their place and all that so it would be harder to give it up. that's the pattern i'm picking up on

i'm 20, so i know what i want to do with my life, and i've sort of found my place, but im still pretty young, i'd still click the erase button. and if i was any younger i'd just be more readily willing to leave it all behind.

• Brohoof 1

Equestria would be nice, but the price of entry seems rather horrifying.

I don't necessarily have the most awesome life, but to have everything I've done and everything I've been totally undone? It seems existentially terrifying.

• Brohoof 2

HELLZ YESSUMS!!! Like mostly everyone here said, life on Earth is dull and dreary and overall miserable. Equestria is practically a utopia compared to Earth(or anywhere else)! I mean, even the problems they encounter are fun! And the I have quite a bit in common with all the ponies. They are some of the most accepting beings ever! I'm pretty sure if I was there I'd be chilling with Rainbow Dash and she'd be like "why do you like it here in Ponyville so much? It's just a regular town." And I'd say something like "you don't know how perfect this is compared to life where I'm from!" In addition to the ponies and their amazing personalities, I really would love the simple joys that exist in Equestria. None of the bullshit that goes in here on Earth, just a legitimate lifestyle with legitimate friends that would never EVER turn their back on you. It is just perfect for me, or pretty much anyone!

Duh! Who wouldn't want to have awesome parties with Pinkie Pie?!!?! I hope she successfully breaks the fourth wall and brings all Bronies into Equestria!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ehh not so sure about that. I've been to 4chan a few times and it's not pretty...

• Brohoof 4

If I was a pony YES oh and a batpony or Pegasus would help too as long as not all is 100% forgotten I would be fine...Oh and i need friends with me many of my friends dream is to leave to Equestria.....

Would it be right to do such a thing if you could? To abandon your life and world and the struggles they pose instead of living your own adventure, fighting you own battle? Furthermore, if you went to some fictional world, there would problems of one sort or another there as well. Would you just keep hoping someone else would solve them for you? Or would you do your part to right them? And if you could do it in another world, why not do it in this one?

Because in Equestria everyone's a lot nicer and much more adventures can take place with much more trustworthy and awesome ponies instead of in this dreary world where you get arrested for setting of a firework. While I understand the fact of "abandoning your problems", it's probably the best opportunity you'll ever get to get rid of them. To live your dream is awesome. The only problem and big decision you'll have to make is whether you can effectively forget your family and everyone you ever loved. After you've made that heavy decision, it's an almost certain yes.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Has no one mentioned the lack of hands and fingers yet?! Unless I could be a unicorn and use magic, I'd go in crazy hand-denial! D:

I like holding things too much! ;-;

Edited by Cherry Top
  • Brohoof 3

I wouldn't but right now since I have pre-finals and I might be the one of those three that's going to present today, I wouldn't mind going to Equestria right now at all. ^_^

I mean, even the problems they encounter are fun! And the I have quite a bit in common with all the ponies. They are some of the most accepting beings ever! I'm pretty sure if I was there I'd be chilling with Rainbow Dash and she'd be like "why do you like it here in Ponyville so much? It's just a regular town." And I'd say something like "you don't know how perfect this is compared to life where I'm from!" In addition to the ponies and their amazing personalities, I really would love the simple joys that exist in Equestria. None of the bullshit that goes in here on Earth, just a legitimate lifestyle with legitimate friends that would never EVER turn their back on you. It is just perfect for me, or pretty much anyone!

Counterpoints:

1.  Yeah, you say it's fun until you're there as some noname pony dealing with the reality of whatever edritch abomination threatens your family, your home, and possibly your very life.

2.  Once again, you're assuming you get to have your cake and eat it too.  You're basically assuming that once there (having erased your life) you'll get to even remember what you left behind.  For all you know you'll have always been a pony, and the life you get (even if you get to choose where you live) may not be as idyllic as you had hoped before making the choice.

3.  Even if you could remember, I would find it very hard to believe that something about your life wouldn't leave you homesick.  Even then, we can assume that the choice is irreversible.  Personally I'd have trouble making a decision of such magnitude.

Equestria would be nice, but the price of entry seems rather horrifying.

I don't necessarily have the most awesome life, but to have everything I've done and everything I've been totally undone? It seems existentially terrifying.

This pretty much sums up how I feel.

I would 100% do that if I was over 30. During those 30 years I would have experienced what it is to be a human and all the pros and cons. Why not explore a new world? This is similar to the people that decide to leave earth and spend their lifes on Mars. Also I heard that ponies live for thousands of years so... Why not?