Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

King Sombra Fan Club

Castle Bleck

Oh, Sombra thread~ I love him. Amazing villain but sadly not completly used in TV series. And sadly it's only villain who was destroyed instead of just defeat or reformed. It's so sad for me...I hope he will return anyway. 

Agreed; fully. In the interim at least he's been covered somewhat extensively in the comics. As much as I know the "Siege of the Crystal Empire" isn't that well liked, I found it pretty enjoyable personally. :)

Agreed; fully. In the interim at least he's been covered somewhat extensively in the comics. As much as I know the "Siege of the Crystal Empire" isn't that well liked, I found it pretty enjoyable personally. :)

I think the reason Siege of the Crystal Empire was so disliked was because the villain team-up didn't serve much of a purpose, and they were pretty much forgotten at the end. It's like they left or something.

I think the reason Siege of the Crystal Empire was so disliked was because the villain team-up didn't serve much of a purpose, and they were pretty much forgotten at the end. It's like they left or something.

That's a legitimate complaint; honestly. Plus having Iron Will has a villain in that is questionable at best.

Add to that the final battle was seriously underwhelming and not as well handled; IMO. Still Sombra was handled REALLY well, the Umbrum are pure nightmare fuel and awesome, and I thought Radiant Hope was good as well. Also, Chrysalis was a bad-ass as always. XD

• Brohoof 1

That's a legitimate complaint; honestly. Plus having Iron Will has a villain in that is questionable at best.

Add to that the final battle was seriously underwhelming and not as well handled; IMO. Still Sombra was handled REALLY well, the Umbrum are pure nightmare fuel and awesome, and I thought Radiant Hope was good as well. Also, Chrysalis was a bad-ass as always. XD

It wass depressing that Rabia didn't tell Twilight that none of this would be possible without her help, even though Twilight never meant for it to happen.

Rabia: How does it feel, knowing that Equestria will soon be under our control, and it's all your fault?

Twilight: I... I...

Edited by heavens-champion

As much as I know the "Siege of the Crystal Empire" isn't that well liked

I think the reason is this comics collide with TV series lore. Not everything but some things in comics. That's why many bronies don't believe in canonicity of IDW comics. Other thing is end of this story. It was...stupid. Hope saved Sombra - ok, it was nice, but after this they just go away? WTF.  

How did I miss this!? I don't typically miss things like this! <3

• Brohoof 4

Some fans think Sombra's the reason Rainbow Dash has a missing wing in the Crystal War timeline.

I actually find that an interesting idea.

of course it was Sombra! do you think Rainbow Dash would lose her wing for some low-life bum? she was rushed right at him, maybe trying to protect Celestia or just some ponies from his attack. something like that.

p.s. read comic about Sombra (actually there was 2stories about him and his past & future). but this is different reality we're talking about right now. so his real personality was probably different in dimension where RD was injured.

Edited by Ethan Tran

of course it was Sombra! do you think Rainbow Dash would lose her wing for some low-life bum? she was rushed right at him, maybe trying to protect Celestia or just some ponies from his attack. something like that.

p.s. read comic about Sombra (actually there was 2stories about him and his past & future). but this is different reality we're talking about right now. so his real personality was probably different in dimension where RD was injured.

Well, it makes more sense. Personally, I imagine she wanted to prove herself... and look what that got her?

• 3 weeks later...

I can imagine Discord and Sombra not getting along very well.... and Discord messing with Sombra for the fun of it.

Discord: What's the matter, Sombra? Aren't you happy to see me?

King Sombra: I hardly want anything to do with you.

Starring Discord as Larry Butz and King Sombra as Miles Edgeworth.

• Brohoof 1

Headcanon: Post-Siege, he might not be a godlike Eldritch Abomination anymore, but he's likely still an abnormal Unicorn like Star Swirl, Starlight, etc.

Mainly because I kinda liked him as he was, my belief is that he's still that way. He's cured, he's ultimately a good guy, and he won't go there unless he has to, but I totally believe he can go there if he needs to. If you think about it, any unicorn skilled in magic can do that to a small degree, and if Reformed Sombra tries it, it would probably risk reverting him.

On that note, (at least at the end of siege) he's the only adult unicorn without a cutie mark. I'm kinda wondering if there's a story about him figuring out what he's good at... beyond you know... conquest.

Edited by Regent

Yah know; something tells me this could've been how Rainbow Dash lost her wing in that alternate universe.

05f502680dfed7445d85d3998d109635-dafql5j

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I can imagine him teaming up with the heroes against a bigger threat, and both not enjoying it.

Spike: You're just mad because I beat you.

King Sombra: You were a mere factor in my defeat, and you know it.

Edited by heavens-champion

Is he trying to be a crystal version of Xaldin or something?:

sig-4741187.350px-Xaldin_(Lindworm)_KHII

Basically that image is him from an alternate universe where the mane 6 never got together and defeated him, nightmare moon, discord, and tirek. 

• Brohoof 2