S04:E18 - Maud Pie  

351 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Problem is that they didn't have to make Maud boring to accomplish that.  They could have just made her slightly antisocial and unwilling to establish new bonds.  Sort of like...

img-2410296-1-RavenMainPic.jpg

So you'd rather go with the tired old goth girl routine?.... Well it's your opinion. Both are equally good options to me XD.

What the hell was that with her throwing a rock that blows up like it was Puppysmiles and her Rock of Destiny? And then pulverizing a big rock with her hooves? What was I supposed to get out of that? That she can do these things because she knows rocks? How stupid is that?

What is so great about Maud?

What I got out of it is that just because she is bland and boring doesn't mean she isn't capable of amazing feats. She probably has many other hidden characteristics that can only be discovered if ponies just give her a chance.

• Brohoof 2

What I got out of it is that just because she is bland and boring doesn't mean she isn't capable of amazing feats. She probably has many other hidden characteristics that can only be discovered if ponies just give her a chance.

I see your point, but this only means that she is like everypony else. I think we've seen all of the main characters displaying some unexpected side of them when it was needed. I still don't get all the fanfare people are making over Maud.

I loved everything about this episode, definitely up there for my favorite of the season with Pinkie Pride and RTM. Maud was an excellent character and portrayed brilliantly with her type of personality and obsession with rocks. Not to mention that the ending was really heart-warming.

Probably the most "complete" episode of the season.

What's Maud's cutie mark? Haven't seen it yet.

Rarity is getting trolled majorly here.

Most likely some form of sendiment.

A rock.

Edited by NezPPTS
  • Brohoof 1

Maybe I'm seeing things, but I'm re-watching the episode and... I thought Pinkie lived with the Cakes. Does she have her own house now?

EDIT: Never mind... It is Sugar Cube Corner in the beginning... I'm just seeing things.

Edited by moonlightavenger

The only thing I want to know now, 

Who is stronger: 

Applejack using bucky mcgillicuddy and kicks mcgee.

Or Maud, Able to toss Boulders hard enough to create a mushroom cloud and drill through rock in seconds. 

On a side note, we learned where pinkie got her drilling skills. Pinkie_using_mane_as_a_drill_S4E07.png

• Brohoof 1

I know begin to wonder how Pinkie would be like if that one Sonic Rainboom in The Cutie Mark Chronicles never happened so she wouldn't ever learn about her destiny...

Would she end up like Maud?

I know begin to wonder how Pinkie would be like if that one Sonic Rainboom in The Cutie Mark Chronicles never happened so she wouldn't ever learn about her destiny...

Would she end up like Maud?

It just would have taken Pinkie Pie longer to discover her true talent.

Edited by Singe

Maybe I'm seeing things, but I'm re-watching the episode and... I thought Pinkie lived with the Cakes. Does she have her own house now?

No.

I thought so at first, but it's Sugarcube Corner. Just shown from the back, which we haven't seen before:

post-2257-0-04620400-1394946717_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

It just would have taken Pinkie Pie longer to discover her true talent.

Yeah true, but it never hurts to wonder. That also brings up another question.

Would a ponies destiny change if a certain situation or event doesn't happen to help them find it? Are all cutie marks/destinies pre-determined?

What's Maud's cutie mark? Haven't seen it yet.

Rarity is getting trolled majorly here.

Someone else spotted this and uploaded it at another site. I'll just post it here. You only see it for a split second, but her cutie mark is...A ROCK!

Maud02.jpg

• Brohoof 10

Someone else spotted this and uploaded it at another site. I'll just post it here. You only see it for a split second, but her cutie mark is...A ROCK!

Maud02.jpg

Who ever noticed that first is awesome. But look closer... it's not just any rock... it's TOM!

• Brohoof 2

I don't think I've ever laughed this much at an episode before  :lol:

Also, sad Pinkie always makes me sad  :( i just want to hug her tight

Maud Pie is best pony by the way

img-2410802-1-5zns4p.png

Edited by FadedSkies
  • Brohoof 3

Pinkie Pie: Maud likes rocks and Rarity loves rocks.

Rarity: Pinkie.

Pinkie Pie: Get this, one time she actually fell in love with a giant diamond which turned out to boulder. *Laughs* She named it Tom.

Rarity: You weren't suppose to tell any pony about that.

Maud Pie: Sounds hot.

Rarity: What?

Maud Pie: I'll make a reminder to write a romance based off of this.

Pinkie Pie: Rarity will be the first one to read it.

Maud Pie: There will be plenty of rock grinding in it.

Rarity:...Okay.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 3

Maud Pie and Discord sound like a natural crossover episode. Reminiscent of Data and Q.

I rather like this idea.... Maybe Discord puts Maud through hell and back and she is completely unphased by it, then Discord gets frustrated..... Has the possibility for a very very funny episode.

• Brohoof 2

Ohhhhhhh boy...... Maud Pie. What to say about this episode? Well, this was the 1st episode in FIM history that got better the more I watched it. On my 1st viewing, I was left slightly unimpressed and didn't really understand why everyone loved Maud so much. In fact, I actually found the episode dry and painful to watch (shocker right?).

However, 4 subsequent viewings later I find myself making a complete 180 about my thoughts on the episode. It was written perfectly with no major or minor flaws whatsoever. The pacing was excellent, all of the characters were "in character" and Maud was just hilarious from beginning to end. Younger fans may not find her funny but for those that do, you have to admit that the timing of her deadpan humor is perfect!

The moral of the episode was surprisingly mature and a welcome change to the lessons that MLP usually deals with, and I absolutely love it. I applaud the new writer, Noelle Benvenuti for getting everything right on her 1st try. 

I'm definitely not afraid to award this episode a 10/10  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Maud you rock... ehhh.
This episode was, just strange. It would be very good one, but the level of exaggeration was too damn high.
I loved the idea of Pinkie's sister being her very opposite, I loved her voice and I liked her sense of humor.
I assume that Maud acted the way she do because she didn't wanted making friends at all. She was the most unfriendly pony I ever seen, but I understand this, she had a right to be so. But because her character was so much exaggerated I had a feeling that she is rather retarded. I'm also a very big outsider but I never act like this, not that much.
And her special powers were a big WTF. Being a big passionate of rocks is ok, but having some superpowers related to them? That was just bad.

Yeah, I was also wondering exactly what might be wrong with her, but the show *does* have a bit of a thing with exaggeration to get a point across.

My other issue is that it's fairly obvious the ending was rewritten to change the lesson into something not quite like the episode had been setting up.

ASIDE FROM THAT THOUGH, I thought it was a pretty well-written episode, and I loved it overall.  And 10 years ago I probably would've gotten along really well with the non-exaggerated version of Maude Pie.