351 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

PP: So I heard you have a boyfriend.
MP: Yes. He's right here. *Pulls out a stalactite.* His name is Stag.
TS: That's great.
RD: So what is it you and Stag do?
MP: *Looks at Stag and puts it away.* That's private.
PP: Try not to get jealous Rarity.
Rarity: Why would I be jealous?

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

That God damn monotone horse stole my heart and now I can't stop drawing her

IT'S HER VOICE. AND HER POETRY. AND HER FACE-MELTING DEAD PAN DELIVERY.

GG, DHX.

GG. :okiedokielokie:

There are people like this and you can learn from the story how to deal with them, that was the whole point of the episode. She will be back and to make it an interesting story she will have something she is concerned about. Perhaps she will have an emotional episode? Perhaps involving Pinkie? The fan fic possibilities are endless but it would take a writer with Maud's personality to do the story properly. Oh to be a fly on the wall when the writers are discussing season 6...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I watched this episode today. I really liked it! I loved Maud Pie within the first few seconds of seeing her and hearing her monotone voice. I found it amusing how Pinkie doesn't seem to pay any heed to his sisters "dullness". I didn't expect Maud Pie to smile at all but when she smiled at the end it warmed her heart. Even though she was "different" and fascinated with rocks, she still loved her party-and-candy-obsessed sister :)

Edited by Pineapple Bloom
  • Brohoof 1

It's pretty obvious when you like an episode when you say this:

"Corn. You are corn. Yellow. You are yellow. Like corn. Which you are. Corn."

...because your mom is cooking a can of canned corn. :P

(And that is absolutely legit, I swear it on the fact that Maud's pet is a rock.)

Anyway, I quite loved the episode! My dad and I really laughed at the "I threw it" part. :D

I loved this epiosde so much, and I loved Maud Pie  :) even more! Maud has no more dislikable traits than anypony else; :huh:  she's nice, has an intricate fabric of interests and personality, a healthy life, she treats everypony nicely and well, she loves Pinkie with all of her affections, and yet she contrasts so extremely from the Mane Six. ;)  The Mane Six really do share expressing their feelings;   Pinkie, Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack, even Rainbow, and Twilight, express their emotions physically; everypony can see who they are on the outside.  :D Maud is so different from them; she's much different about change to her behavior based on the situation, she only shows her emotions when Pinkie almost gets herself killed.  I'm not sure when I started loving Maud, but somewhere in there I did <3

Maud is really like a rock; a really cool, and nice, and loveable.  :wub:

Maud just appeals to me so much, every action she takes during the course of the show makes me feel more and more attached to her like a sister. I'm not sure I can express just how much I've grown to love Maud Pie! 

I see why Pinkie loves her amazing older sister so much!  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Just watched this for the first time. Maud was certainly a surprise, but she is definitely my favourite tertiary character (not sure how to categorise her :s ), I NEED MORE MAUD PIE IN MY LIFE  :lol:  I hope she makes a return later on!

Edited by Guest

I love how unapologetic Maud was about her personality. She knew who she was and what she was passionate about and she wasn't the slightest bit self-conscious about it. It's refreshing to see a character so confident and comfortable in her own skin; I don't think there is enough of that sort of thing in the world these days. I really enjoyed this episode and this character and hope to see more of her in the future! ^^

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually know someone irl who REALLY reminds me of Maud, (she is a friend of my boyfriends), and I've NEVER known how to conduct myself around her...  :blink:  

I myself am I guess.. a combination of Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, (with a hint of Rainbow Dash!), so the gigantic contrast between our personalities has kind of resulted in severe awkwardness. I guess I kinda looked upon this episode as a semi-guidance for how to be around her, and that it doesn't necessarily matter if we just don't get along. That's what I loved about this episode: No, they don't all become "besisist friends", but hey, it's okay! You can still share whatever you do have in common. <3 

Oh! And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thought she was so, so attractive! :lol:  It's weird... I replayed that part where she said "It's like hide-and-seek, but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more intense" ~ those eyes when she says "waaaay" are so wow.  

• Brohoof 2

Maud is the best new character in season 4. You love her or you 'hate' her. I just love her personality  :lol:

I have the impression that she is one of those characters that had something mysterious. It's like we don't know even 10% about her. I would love to know so much more about her life (probably just rocks :)) and her (family) history.

But on the other hand, that would take a part of the magic away and would make her less fascinating.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...