S04:E18 - Maud Pie  

351 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I voted that I loved this episode.  I think that Maud is a cool character.  I would like to see her again.  I would also like to be part of the group of best friends brought together by their mutual love of Pinkie Pie.

• Brohoof 1

Not really... We kind of already KNEW IT, since Cutie Mark Chronicles.

Plus, Maud Pie is the most uninteresting character in the series... It was a blah episode all together as well.

The explanation was pretty ambiguous that's why it's good we got some more info(Though I would've preferred her Father)

My quick thoughts on this episode... I liked it. I get why everyone likes Maud so much now. We've never had the show explore this topic b4 & I'm glad with the way the episode turned out.

If there's only 1 bad thing to say about this episode was that I felt that they were trying a bit too hard to hammer the point that Maud was boring & not really compatible with any of the mane 5. I think a montage of Maud interacting with the 5 would have been better paced then what they decided to go with.

Honestly, I can see why us older fans enjoy the episode, but it'll be interesting to see what the intended target audience thinks of it (kids ages 4-10). They'll probably find the ep boring since nothing of "real interest or excitement" really happens. But once you look under the surface, only then will you realize that this is one of the most deepest episodes that the staff have written yet.

All in all, Maud Pie is a solid episode that I quite enjoyed. I was really hoping that we would see the entire Pie family on the rock farm, but I won't complain too much about it  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

This may be hard to believe, and only a few people reading this may have known prior, but there is a subliminal message in today's episode... about ROCKS.

If you are having trouble wrapping your brian around this, let Bill Nye fill you in on rocks, then re-watch the episode to figure out what the secret of the rocks and stones really means...

This episode is awesome! Maud is a very character. Although she is Pinkies sister, she is totally different, but they love each other and this is amazing.

At first she seems boring, but her answers was really funny and honest.

I like her!

BORING MUCH.

I found this episode as boring as a real rock.I didn't like Maud,she was dull to me.Sure,the ending was cute,with her smiling and all,but still. Pinkie was too hyper for my taste.the only thing I liked was the "It's a dress.It can't talk" line,and that only got a snort out of me.

So it gets a 4/10 from me. 

• Brohoof 1

This was quite an amazing episode, mostly because it was funny, and realistic too. I mean, not everyone is gonna be your friend, right? But that doesn't mean they have to be your enemy either. I really loved Maud's character (or lack of it) clashing with Pinkie pie's and how she was a complete badass at the end. It made me laugh and I would definitely watch it again. Doesn't Maud remind anyone of Will Smith in After Earth? Has no character, but is a complete badass. Only difference is this was a good episode, and After Earth was terrible. 

post-23795-0-12761500-1394916959.jpg

• Brohoof 1

......... with a ton of dry humor.

Yup, that's exactly why I loved it so much. And also, I think it's part of why a lot people didn't. I personally tend to have a very dry sense of humor, and a lot of people don't get it, which just makes it funnier to me.

As for this episode, I just loved the extreme contrast between Pinkie and Maud, and how Maud just didn't give a buck. Y'all have pets? Meet my rock. You like fashion? Look at this scarf I made from a dirty dish rag. Apple cider? Tastes like apples to me. Fascinating spider that's only in Ponyville? Tell it to get off the rock. You like books? Listen to my thousand poems about rocks. Games? Rocks.

• Brohoof 2

What is Maud's cutie mark though?

Allow me to blow your mind:

Are you ready?

Really ready?

Here it is:

IT'S A ROCK!

The amount of rock puns in this thread is sickening.

But also hilarious  :lol:

You could say this episode rocked us...

princess_luna_shades_by_kanske_2099-d5ww

...like a hurricane!

Well, now I ship Maud with Tom.

What has become of my life?

What about Boulder? :(

• Brohoof 1

I suppose in a world that's supposedly so bright, happy and spunky its a bit disarming to meet someone like Maud Pie. I honestly don't mind her that much at all, even though she's seemingly eccentric. Minus the grouchiness she'd get along quite well with Cranky I would think.

Also anyone remember Daria from the 90s? I do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI4YaLJKFw4

Yea I think Maud and Daria would get along quite well too. They're very similar in many regards. 

Its really notable in this episode how Maud was willing to accept the lifestyles of the Mane 6, despite herself having different interests. She only decided to leave when she felt that she herself may be a burden and incompatible with Pinkie's friends. Also Pinkie's antics notwithstanding, I loved how she stood up for her sister and was quite honest about her. Everything she said about Maud was true, its just a matter of interpretation and opinion.

If there's 1 thing I can really respect about Pinkie, its her ability to accept and love others as friends for who they are, no matter how different from her they may seem. Maud Pie is a cool character in my book, and I would love to meet someone like her.

• Brohoof 4

What about Boulder? :(

But boulder is a pet rock D: Tom isn't

Or Boulder is a teeny tiny baby rock, and Tom's an adult rock.

If we're now shipping rocks, I'd like a less inappropriate couple :P

Edited by crazitaco

I liked this episode. :) At first it was hard to understand why the Maud was drawn such a plain way compaired to all the others but in the end it kind of went with the character Maud is.The episodes are surely changing from what they used to be but I'm not sure is it a bad thing after all.

I'll be honest, I liked it, but dry humor I'm not too big on. In the first half Maud was kind of boring. Though I loved the second half. And damn, Pinkie almost turned into a pile of mush near the end, but Maud saved her and I thought it was great. I kind of hoped to at least see the rest of Pinkie's family. I mean they were at her old farm, so a cameo would have at least been nice, but oh well. 7/10

Also my brother used to collect rocks, and I thought it was kind of weird.