Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Maud

Sazama Ichida

When did you get bouder? (Pet rock)

Pinkie Pie took me to the animal shelter one day. I didn't want to leave the rock farm but then after we got there I found a small pebble laying outside one of the cages. So then I thought to myself, Why not just take this one? It reminds me so much of home.

maud_pie_by_rd924-d7a01b6.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie took me to the animal shelter one day. I didn't want to leave the rock farm but then after we got there I found a small pebble laying outside one of the cages. So then I thought to myself, Why not just take this one? It reminds me so much of home.

Why don't you like rock candy?

Why don't you like rock candy?

...Because it's not the same. And I don't like sweets. According to my doctor I suffer from a disorder known as Pica. It makes ponies crave inedible objects.

How are you able to chew through rocks?

I have strong teeth and strong jaws. Once you've worked on a rockfarm for as long as I have you develop strong body structure. Works wonders for the bones, joints and muscles.

img-2408649-1-maud_pie_by_rd924-d7a01b6.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Maud, judging by the sedimentary rocks you found there and the topography of the place, would you say that Ponyville's landscape looks like it was formed by a glacier or a river?

Why yes. The sedimentary rock cover of the continents of Equestria's crust is extensive, but the total contribution of sedimentary rocks is estimated to be only 8% of the total volume of the crust. Sedimentary rocks are only a thin veneer over a crust consisting mainly of igneous and metamorphic rocks. Sedimentary rocks are deposited in layers as strata, forming a structure called bedding. The study of sedimentary rocks and rock strata provides information about the subsurface that is useful for civil engineering. For example in the construction of roads, houses, tunnels, canals or other constructions. Sedimentary rocks are also important sources of natural resources like coal, fossil fuels, drinking water or ores. The study of the sequence of sedimentary rock strata is the main source for scientific knowledge about Equestria's history, including palaeogeography, paleoclimatology and the history of life. The scientific discipline that studies the properties and origin of sedimentary rocks is called sedimentology. Sedimentology is both part of geology and physical geography and overlaps partly with other disciplines in the Equestria sciences, such as pedology, geomorphology, geochemistry or structural geology. I trust you have grasped the concept now? Or shall I elaborate further?

img-2409315-1-Maud_smile.png

Edited by Asbel Lhant
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Can we get a rock poem? :D

Rock, you are a rock.

Gray, you are gray.

Like a rock, which you are.

Rock.

Rocks, these are my rocks.

Sediments, make me sedimental.

Smooth and round,

Asleep on the ground,

Shades of brown

And gray?.

Edited by Asbel Lhant
  • Brohoof 2

How do you feel about diamonds?

Much too fancy for my taste. I prefer them when they start out as coal. I get coal in my stocking every heart's warming eve. But I don't think it's because I've been bad. I think it's because I told Santa that was what I wanted.

• Brohoof 1

Do you make rock pie?

Sometimes yes.

img-2408548-1-maud_pie_by_rd924-d7a01b6.

Maud,

Of all of Pinkie's friends, which was your favourite?

Didn't really have one. I pretty much had only one thing in common with the 5 of them. And that was that we all loved Pinkie Pie. Aside from that I don't really feel like I can relate to any of them.

Sometimes yes.

Didn't really have one. I pretty much had only one thing in common with the 5 of them. And that was that we all loved Pinkie Pie. Aside from that I don't really feel like I can relate to any of them.

I know you can't relate to any of them right now, but you will soon enough, I know it. Also, I heard about your trip, are you studying to be a Petrologist ( a rock scientist)?