Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What are you thinking?

Tabe

54 minutes ago, Lawyer Slip said:

What's a sig?

Sig = Signature. It's a banner and/or text that appears below all your posts.

26 minutes ago, Mirage said:

Sig = Signature. It's a banner and/or text that appears below all your posts.

Ah, I see. I need to figure out how to get one of those.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Lawyer Slip said:

Ah, I see. I need to figure out how to get one of those.

Profile > Settings > Settings Area > Signature

:LunaMCM:

9 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Did over 50 game developers took some time off just to make a collective scream :scoots:?

Who knows.

Here's what I'm thinking, why is it that Hasbro gave us literally one episode with the Kiren and then we never saw them again? That episode was one of my all time favorites and then we never again see the Kiren or learn about their unique powers and abilities. What else could they do? Who knows. (If anyone does know, please tell me, lol ^_^)

• Hugs 1

25 minutes ago, Lawyer Slip said:

Who knows.

Here's what I'm thinking, why is it that Hasbro gave us literally one episode with the Kiren and then we never saw them again? That episode was one of my all time favorites and then we never again see the Kiren or learn about their unique powers and abilities. What else could they do? Who knows. (If anyone does know, please tell me, lol ^_^)

Yeah, they showcase all these not so likable species and they leave out the new pastel horse breed out :dry:

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

Hmm... I kinda wanna get some art commissioned of my pony OC at some point.

Send me the inspiration and I'll hand-draw it for free

• Hugs 1

I ordered a coffee, and so the staff poured coffee into the cup. But, she was told that she poured too much, and then proceeds to pour the excess coffee into the sink. But, you already poured the excess coffee. The mistake was already done. That excess coffee would be put to better use by being consumed by me, rather than being drained down the sink!

• Brohoof 3
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

I ordered a coffee, and so the staff poured coffee into the cup. But, she was told that she poured too much, and then proceeds to pour the excess coffee into the sink. But, you already poured the excess coffee. The mistake was already done. That excess coffee would be put to better use by being consumed by me, rather than being drained down the sink!

Oof. This reminds me of the times where I have received the wrong order multiple times and have actually seen managers tell the staff to throw away the food completely.

• Brohoof 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, StarlightSerenade said:

Oof. This reminds me of the times where I have received the wrong order multiple times and have actually seen managers tell the staff to throw away the food completely.

And that's why I don't go to restaurants.

That and my allergies are the reason I have never once set foot in a McDonald's.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Lawyer Slip said:

And that's why I don't go to restaurants.

That and my allergies are the reason I have never once set foot in a McDonald's.

That's good? You will be healthier...I hope :Pip-giggle:

I used to love going to dine-in restaurants years ago, but felt that everything got worse during the past 5 years.

We get "fast food" like pizza sometimes for events that we host with family, but even then I don't feel like it's worth it at all anymore with how services and fees are now. I think it's just better to learn how to cook your own meals.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, StarlightSerenade said:

That's good? You will be healthier...I hope :Pip-giggle:

I used to love going to dine-in restaurants years ago, but felt that everything got worse during the past 5 years.

We get "fast food" like pizza sometimes for events that we host with family, but even then I don't feel like it's worth it at all anymore with how services and fees are now. I think it's just better to learn how to cook your own meals.

I mean, people tell me I'm not missing out on anything, but I feel like I am. 

Oh well, at least I can still air fry chicken nuggets at my house.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Lawyer Slip said:

I mean, people tell me I'm not missing out on anything, but I feel like I am. 

Oh well, at least I can still air fry chicken nuggets at my house.

I understand what you are saying. In the end, it's rather subjective on a person's tastes. I know plenty of people who will say their fries and chicken nuggets are the best and others who say they are bad.

That's good! I have never air fried anything before and yet I have an air fryer from like a year ago around here XD

• Brohoof 2

Thinking about how Nvidia still has full driver support for budget GPUs they sold 8 years ago. I know people have gripes with them but you really can't knock the long term support of their products.

• Brohoof 2

That made me think I've always had good experiences with Nvidia.

But I don't have any of their latest and greatest post covid weird GPU connector melting stuff.

• Brohoof 1

I would appreciate it if I could stop having dreams about taking examinations, or needing to complete a major assignment due very soon on which I have yet to started. These dreams seem to persist regardless of how many years pass.

• Brohoof 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

8 minutes ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

I would appreciate it if I could stop having dreams about taking examinations, or needing to complete a major assignment due very soon on which I have yet to started. These dreams seem to persist regardless of how many years pass.

This reminds me of a dream a friend's relative had because they were reading so darn much that they felt that they were preparing for something big that was coming...when in reality they simply loved to read, like a lot. They had so many books in their house, every room had bookshelves. Even the kitchen! However there weren't enough cook books there and the paprika not enough.

Maybe you have those dreams because you are feeling unprepared for a big challenge in life and you are anxious?

• Brohoof 2

9 minutes ago, Starlight Serenade said:

This reminds me of a dream a friend's relative had because they were reading so darn much that they felt that they were preparing for something big that was coming...when in reality they simply loved to read, like a lot. They had so many books in their house, every room had bookshelves. Even the kitchen! However there weren't enough cook books there and the paprika not enough.

Maybe you have those dreams because you are feeling unprepared for a big challenge in life and you are anxious?

Ah. They must be familiar with the futility of trying to read through their backlog of books.

I cannot say I know why I have such dreams (other than assignments and examinations generally being major concerns at the time). I do know that there are others who also have such dreams, and it also does not matter for them how many years pass, even decades.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

Ah. They must be familiar with the futility of trying to read through their backlog of books.

I cannot say I know why I have such dreams (other than assignments and examinations generally being major concerns at the time). I do know that there are others who also have such dreams, and it also does not matter for them how many years pass, even decades.

Yeah they told me in the 30+ years of reading books, they have realized that they will never read everything they wanted and were in a deep depression where they stopped reading, but then they got out of it, by just reading for enjoyment again.

It could be anything, but sometimes getting a change of perspective really shines a light on things. 

Edited by Starlight Serenade
  • Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, Starlight Serenade said:

Yeah they told me in the 30+ years of reading books, they have realized that they will never read everything they wanted and were in a deep depression where they stopped reading, but then they got out of it, by just reading for enjoyment again.

It could be anything, but sometimes getting a change of perspective really shines a light on things. 

I am reminded of a book collector noting that if you have read all the books you owned, you are not buying them fast enough, because to have read everything you own may put you at risk of thinking you know everything.

A fairly active reader may read some 2000 books throughout his life, which is still rather miniscule compared to all the different books in existence. Definitely need to be rather selective with what is considered worth the time investment in reading.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

I am reminded of a book collector noting that if you have read all the books you owned, you are not buying them fast enough, because to have read everything you own may put you at risk of thinking you know everything.

A fairly active reader may read some 2000 books throughout his life, which is still rather miniscule compared to all the different books in existence. Definitely need to be rather selective with what is considered worth the time investment in reading.

That’s how I would see it too. We have to make the most of our limited time. 

• Brohoof 1