Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What are you thinking?

Tabe

7 hours ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

I cannot say I know why I have such dreams (other than assignments and examinations generally being major concerns at the time). I do know that there are others who also have such dreams, and it also does not matter for them how many years pass, even decades.

I have frequently had dreams about places where I used to work. Except it's all different, so mostly the dream is about having to learn and cope with the new changes.

• Brohoof 2

I'm thinking I have very strange dreams in comparison to others. :PIPPIPHURRAY:

Mostly they are fun, I don't have many nightmares thankfully.

I get those dreams from the past too. Running to class and suddenly I lose my way, forget my backpack somewhere, show up half naked, etc

• Hugs 1

5 hours ago, Tropical Melody said:

I have frequently had dreams about places where I used to work. Except it's all different, so mostly the dream is about having to learn and cope with the new changes.

Also, what the hell am I doing even working here again anyway? :Cozy: I left this job, because I wanted to leave.

:D

Still looking for a nice open-source DAW that's intuitive enough to use. Flathub doesn't have a lot of options, and all the big ones have problems that make them very difficult to use. I found one that looks alright on Flathub, but it doesn't seem to have a lot of documentation which isn't a great start.

Even after I find a nice DAW I'm dreading having to get my softsynth working finally. ;-; I got it to work once and haven't been able to replicate it.

• Hugs 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, Nightlight1313 said:

Still looking for a nice open-source DAW that's intuitive enough to use. Flathub doesn't have a lot of options, and all the big ones have problems that make them very difficult to use. I found one that looks alright on Flathub, but it doesn't seem to have a lot of documentation which isn't a great start.

Even after I find a nice DAW I'm dreading having to get my softsynth working finally. ;-; I got it to work once and haven't been able to replicate it.

I'm assuming you tried LMMS? What about Ardour, Tracktion Waveform Free, or perhaps Reaper?

The one from Tracktion has a lot of step-by-step handholding for setup and video tutorials, Reaper has lots of tutorials out there (they do have in-house video tutorials but some stuff is outdated), and Ardour has the least handholding but still worth mentioning.

Edited by Trot Shuffle
Clarify
  • Hugs 1

19 minutes ago, Trot Shuffle said:

I'm assuming you tried LMMS? What about Ardour, Tracktion Waveform Free, or perhaps Reaper?

The one from Tracktion has a lot of step-by-step handholding for setup and video tutorials, Reaper has lots of tutorials out there (they do have in-house video tutorials but some stuff is outdated), and Ardour has the least handholding but still worth mentioning.

Thanks for the suggestions! :eager: I did try LMMS - I remember it being confusing, though that was a couple years ago, so it might be worth another shot. I haven't actually heard of Tracktion, but TBH if I have to go proprietary I'll probably just fork over the cash for Reaper :P. I've actually been eyeing Reaper for a while now - if I can't find any FOSS candidates I like, I'm very down to give them a shot. I've heard word that their trial policy might be a bit more lenient than their website suggests so I might just try them out anyway XD. Ardour's free-not-gratis policy rubbed me the wrong way a little, but I guess I could try compiling it now that I'm on Linux.

I've also tried Rosegarden, but it really was not made to be a DAW and you can tell. Qtractor crashes on me, too... The one I'm trialing now is Helio, and I'm actually pretty hopeful! The UI is very simple and streamlined which should prevent the "overwhelming" problem I have with other DAWs. It's a shame it doesn't have track recording, but it's enough to get settled in the medium, and adding tracks in Audacity or something later is easy enough!

• Brohoof 1

Gee, Fighter is a lot less apologetic and much more gruesome than Top Gun Maverick :wacko: . Makes up for it with its cheesy songs and dancing :laugh:.

Severe weather season here in Ohio is insane and we're not even in May yet. Already had a tornado outbreak last month and now they're predicting another one tomorrow. Can't ever remember it being like this before. Seriously starting to buy into the theory that tornado alley is moving further east towards us because damn.

• Sad 2

It is disturbing that there are probably people out there that think (real-life) cock****es are pretty :eww:.