Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best responses to Non-Bronies?

CosmicHooves

I did respond to a pernicious comment on military bronies, claiming we are mostly rear echelon troops, I remarked " At least they joined up and served their nation, and use their freedom to make themselves and others happy, when was the last time you did something for the country you say you love, besides giving up freedom and pretending to be a patriot?" I don't like when people say they support the troops, and try to speak for us, when we have earned the right to do that without false pre tense.

1. Ask about what the person likes.

2. If possible, show a genuine interest in what they enjoy.

3. Listen first, and don't insist on imposing your point of view.

Using the principles in How to Win Friends and Influence People is usually a good start.

Easy.

Just casually be yourself, if they are understanding and cool with it, then you should have nothing to worry about.  :)

Works for me all the time, heck, when I bought a beanie baby rarity, a little girl told me "You like Rarity?"  

And I said yes, and she also got the Rarity doll. It was so adorable!  :D

Whenever someone makes fun of me for being a brony, and I try to defend myself, it always gets out of hand and all they can talk about is "please just calm down" and "we can talk this through, don't do anything rash" and "at least let the children go". Hypocrites. 

• 7 years later...