Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best responses to Non-Bronies?

CosmicHooves

When a non-Brony asks you if you are a Brony what do you say?

Here's one thing I would say:

"Naw I've only watched only like bout 63 episodes (and counting) and I just happen to have a "Fluttershy Yay" t-shirt."

• Brohoof 3

Some people just can't take sarcasm.

A lot of people don't, so instead of trying to appeal to a niche audience, I can just use a universally-accepted method of saying "yes", but in a more casual tone.

• Brohoof 1

Nope.

*wearing Pinkie Pie shirt*

Anyways, I don't really want to tell them "yes I am a brony" just in case they are anti-bronies. Expect the unexpected.

• Brohoof 1

Good. Good.

I never managed to get myself into a situation where I would be questioned in such a way.. buuuut, If I was subject to it, I'd simply nod, and do nothing more. 

• Brohoof 1

I'd just say "Yes." But it depends on the person. I'm not so easily open about it.

If they catch me wearing a shirt I can't really do much about that. It's obviously yes.

• Brohoof 1

It depends, if there is a difference between Anti-Brony and Non-Brony, if they come off seeming very anti-brony, I tell them yes then leave it at that, except if they try and attack the show and the fandom, then I make a stance on how they are generally wrong/ignorant, but if they are just non-brony, I tell them yes and if they ask why, I tell them that the show is just kind of amazing, it isn't for everyone but I would suggest watching an episode or two and if they like it, let me know, if they don't that is fine. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would go: BUCK YEAH im a brony

on a more serious note I would say *yeah im a brony*

But I mean I wear pony shirts all the time so its kinda obvious.

What happens next in the conversation I dont know because its never happend to me.

You kinda expect more people to look weird and funny at you when you wear pony merch and such but in my case people dont really seem to care what other people wear.

People dont even look at my RD cutie mark tattoo funny because most people dont know what it is and its not like people go up to me and ask what it is.

I would kinda only expect another brony to really pay attention to it, atleast here in Norway. People dont really go up to other people and asks them a bunch of questions.

Maybe someday tho

Edited by SveciaDash
  • Brohoof 1

I simply say "Of course! Made my own cutiemark shirt and ponysona! Was a lot of fun to make and I really love the show."

If they give me lip about it I'll just smile and say "Well that's your opinion, I have mine, now if you excuse me I got MLP to watch!" lol

• Brohoof 2

If an non-brony asked me if I am a brony, my response to them would most likely be, "no".  Its the best way to conceal your deep secret, tbh.  Like really, who are they to ask you if you are a brony, b/c if you say "yes" so where along the line, shit will happen, so better to go "recon" and keep that secret to yourself, and only share it to other bronies.  

• Brohoof 2

If they ask then I will say yes whether they are a non-brony or anti-brony or fellow brony. Always stand up for what you believe in. I used to be anti-brony myself and when I look back at how ignorant I was to the show without trying it first, it shows that I really didn't understand it. Just look at me now, I love the show and a lot of the fan-made stuff made from it. :lol:

B)  Definitely a lot happier now than when I was anti-brony. No need to hide the fact that I am a brony.

• Brohoof 1

It depends on the person. If its someone who I can trust like a girl that I'm a little too close to due to the fact that she has a boyfriend then id just tell the truth. Although, if its someone I'm not sure I can trust I say Nope in a big mac sort of way to test them to see if he/she is one. If it's someone I can't trust I try turning the conversation around and criticize them about being a brony, to keep me in the clear.

If someone asks I will say "Yes I am a brony, if you have a problem with that go cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get over it because a lot more people are bronies then you know and I am quite sure they would help a fellow out" Thus they would hopefully walk away.

I just say yeah when people ask me, because chances are they already know if they're asking me. I'm not usually shy about it and I (try to) explain the show to people and everything. I strongly recommend that nobody go crazy about being a brony or stay quiet about it. It is your holy obligation as a brony to spread the word!

k so here's what you do

Put this on with your portable music player of your choice.

Sultry dancing optional.

Then you take the three thousand printouts of clop material you've been keeping in your backpack out and begin throwing it at the foolish non-brony in fistfuls.

What.

Don't tell me that isn't the best idea ever.

• Brohoof 1