Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's a videogame you didn't think you would like, but ended up loving?

jackleapp81

Team Fortress 2. I had my first experience with it when I bought the Orange Box for Xbox 360. If you're familiar with the console versions of TF2, you could probably guess what my thoughts were on it.

Then I heard the PC version was totally different and was actually, you know, functional. So I went and downloaded it and now I love it.

InFAMOUS: Second Son

I mean, it looked like a game I could play, but I never thought I was going to enjoy it much.

Now it has to be my favourite PS4 game to date, but I'm still waiting to see what the future brings for the console.

I loved it too, but I'm pretty bad at it and I don't quite own it yet so I rarely get to play it.

As for other games well.

Conkers Bad Fur Day/Live and Reloaded(I...I really don't wanna go into detail on what impact this game left on me...I'll just say the ending caught me off guard more than any video game ending ever really), Animal Crossing(and every sequel), Mortal Kombat(I didn't think I'd hate it really I just didn't expect to love it too much), Voodoo Vince(thought it looked kinda stupid) and probably a few others.

The Witcher.

My bro bought the Enhanced Edition for me,but the descriptions of combat I had read put me off it for a few months,and I only beat it yesterday,and can safely say that it did some things better than its sequel.Solid Game.

Saints Row The Third.. I tried and hated the first two. they were trash IMO.

But 3 and 4 ditched the movie gangster crap and went all out insane, and 3 is an absolute blast!

4 is a bit lower than 3 though IMO since its pretty much a straight copy 3, but with super powers, and censored for no reason things that 3 had openly detailed...

But all in all.. Was not expecting to like 3 after the other 2..

Also Total War Medieval 2.. I looked into the total war games and the amount of micro management always threw me off in description.. But once I got into this game I freaken fell in love with it..

I absolutely hate how everything since had dumped the total control of your empire and put most of it onto the computer to hopefully successfully manage.. They're just barely a jump away from being warcraft at this rate...

Rayman 2 : The Great Escape. Man, when I was like 9 or 10 my mom installed it on my computer and I was pretty sure I would barely play it. And nowadays, as far as I can remember, this game was frickin' awesome. I never finished it though. I definitely should.

I'm going to say Skyrim. When I first saw it, I was like "I dunno If I like it." And the I got it after a few months 'cus I was following the mainstream.

I think I've put a good 200 hours into it, and got the DLC, and have it on Xbox and PC. I've had like, 5 accounts on the Xbox version so far?

hated the first two

I hate you for saying you hated 2.

• Brohoof 1

Starbound, Edge Of Space, and Terraria. All 3 of these games I used to hate so much, but then I got Terraria and I went cheese and ham over the game. Then my friend got me Edge Of Space and I felt the same way. Now I've got Starbound and it's freakin sweeeeeet.

Also any Survival Horror game ever.

I don't normally buy games I think I won't like (and it's not like people just hand me random games to play) so the closest I have to that is "a game I thought would be ok at best but ended up being flipping amazing".

And for that I would have to say Dokapon Kingdom. I bought it for the Wii, thinking the idea was interesting enough, rpg meets board game,  and I'd probably like it for a week or so before never touching it again. Let me just say, this is one of those "Best games no one's ever played". There were many sleepless nights spent playing this game along with my cousin and sister. Saving towns, murdering your fellow adventurer, becoming stinking rich and throwing your friend into the deepest pits of despair; this game is way too fun. The only downside is it requires a lot of time to finish a proper game

I didn't think I would enjoy Half-life 2 when I first played it, but I loved it to death. Same with all of the JRPGS that I love like Disgaea, Persona, SMT, and Pokémon.

Before I got into shooters, Halo and Gears of War. But now, these are some of my favorite games to play period.

FF Tactics.  I almost gave up on that game after a few hours.  I was just like, "Da f*ck is this?"  It seemed really weird to me, I kept expecting to be able to get out on the overworld and walk around, and ended up confused when I couldn't.  But I stuck with it and after few more days I just sort of figured it out.  It turned out being one of my favorite games of all time and still is today.  Which reminds me, I have Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together laying around (the game FF Tactics was based on.)  Still gotta play that at some point here.

Golden Sun. It seemed way too complicated and cheesy after I saw the box art (it was a gift from my brother) but big bro was right as usual. I loved it, and as soon as I get the money I'm getting a DS so I can play Dark Dawn.

Yea when you go to "enchant" an Item or weapon,it'll give you the option to rename it to whatever you want. I thought it was pretty cool.

I found a "Lunar mace"and I'm going to destroy it to learn the enchantment, and I'll be naming it "Luna's Revenge" or something of the sort. as the effect of it only works when the moons are out.

Don't believe it! The Silent Moons (?) enchant works even during the day time. Or at least it used to, I've only got the updates up to Dawnguard.

Oh, and the way to go is sneak+archery or sneak+dagger. 15x damage from backstab, plus Dark Brotherhood gloves add another 15x, so 30x damage. Dual enchantments plus some alchemy and I have boots that muffle and armor that makes me 240% harder to detect. It's so gamebreaking it's ridiculous. I only get found if I attack someone in the open, and even then the Nightingale powers make getting away a breeze. I wanna do something different, but it took me forever to get my character to 81 and I don't have the patience to do it again.