Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Elsa vs Celestia

Hive King

They aren't literally inside of the celestial bodies. You have two options The Moon in MLP is smaller than a pony Or it's a magic seal

*facehoof*

Again, Celestial bodies in the Fim universe are small enough that you can see ponies on them

*double facehoof*

Seriously when the hell did you get the idea of The Moon in MLP is smaller than a pony? 

• Brohoof 1

The face could also symbolize her power being locked in the moon as she stayed there. But this isn't about that.

IT DOES, why is that even up for discussion?

I really thought hat was generally agreed upon! x)

Maybe the stars made up her body? The stars in the MLP verse are tiny

That's silly. Twilight has studied stars before, they're the exact same as ours.

The sun is too.

@@Demirari,

What i'm saying is that if Celestia's beam was PUSHED back by Chrysalis's, it should have sent Celestia flying too if she was so powerful

Chrysalis absorbed all of Shining Armor's love (which was alot), and became exponentially more powerful.

We both know that.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Demirari

No, even her crown, which was hit dead on by the blast, only went up a few feet. Celestia should have gotten the team rocket treatment if this is the power chain

Chrysalis's Beam>Celestia>Celestia's Beam>Distance from Moon to Earth

Maybe the stars made up her body? The stars in the MLP verse are tiny

Princess Celestia did only flew so far, but it could be argued that Chrysalis used the moment of surprise when Princess Celestia realized she was going to lose and downgraded the power in the right time during the shock? 

Are you sure? The total distance from the surface of the planet to space is 348 miles long. This is based on Earth's surface to atmosphere. Note that this isn't even accounting the distance from the moon to Earth. That is very long, so I doubt you can see a pony on the moon. And if it is small enough that you can see a pony, there is even a lesser chance of you even seeing the pony. 

I'm stating that the mare face on the moon is not Princess Luna's actual body. Not if her power was actually locked there. Sorry.

Edited by Demirari

North Mountain? Why not somewhere that's on...I don't know...neutral ground? This just screams of favoritism. 

Because it is neutral ground? Elsa doesn't gain more power by having more snow around and Celestia might even be white enough to blend in 

It will not. Snow is snow, Elsa's ice melts, and it never shows or metions that it doesn't.

It froze summer, it's tougher to melt than regular ice at least. Also, the ice put in Anna's heart was actually growing underneath 98.6 degree temperatures

Celestia controls the sun. While, as you keep arguing, she's not going to drop the sun on Else, she can still bring it just close enough to dry the air up and effectively render Elsa's powers useless.

You're confusing Elsa with Frozone. Elsa can somehow create ice out of nothing, even in wintry air when there's not much moisture

And if I was being a d*ck, I'd say Elsa is also a big whiny baby, and Celestia has shown to be a smooth talker.

Implying Celestia isn't

479398.gif

She's crying here

She can pull a Shepard and convince her to, I don't know, give up or suicide or something.

They're both blood lusted so that's not happening

Also. Celestia is a +1000 year old Demigod. Elsa is a human with ice powers

Titles mean nothing. A bug on steroids kicked Celestia's ass as did some vines.

*facehoof*

*double facehoof*

Seriously when the hell did you get the idea of The Moon in MLP is smaller than a pony? 

mare_in_the_moon_by_doctor_g-d66dbfm.png

Because of this

That's silly. Twilight has studied stars before, they're the exact same as ours.
The sun is too.

Chrysalis absorbed all of Shining Armor's love (which was alot), and became exponentially more powerful.
We both know that.

1. Because Nuke thinks that when they are banished, they are literally on the bodies

2. She was studying comets, not stars. Considering we literally see the stars move to free NMM, they are very close and very tiny. For all we know, the sun is a lot closer in FIM and smaller than the Terran one

3. I'm not arguing that, I'm arguing that if her beams are so powerful, then a stronger beam should have sent Celstia flying

Princess Celestia did only flew so far, but it could be argued that Chrysalis used the moment of surprise when Princess Celestia realized she was going to lose and downgraded the power in the right time during the shock? 

Are you sure? The total distance from the surface of the planet to space is 348 miles long. This is based on Earth's surface to atmosphere. Note that this isn't even accounting the distance from the moon to Earth. That is very long, so I doubt you can see a pony on the moon. And if it is small enough that you can see a pony, there is even a lesser chance of you even seeing the pony. 

I'm stating that the mare face on the moon is not Princess Luna's actual body. Not if her power was actually locked there. Sorry.

1. There wasn't enough time, Chrysalis was still in shock after defeating Celestia. Why would she lower the power anyway?

2. Maybe the Moon is closer? Who knows

3. In that case, Celestia is not as tough as Nuke said she is

@@Moonbacon,

Rewatch the pilot, you can clearly see Nightmare Moon's face plastered on the Moon. Pony Head=Moon.

But probably not, it's probably a magic seal, but in that case, Celestia is not surviving Sun temperatures

I'll be off in a bit so yeah, when I come back, this will continue!!

(edited)

I saw what NMM's blasts did to stone...it was unimpressive. If Celestia was brought to her knees by that, she is a glass cannon supreme. So is Elsa, to be fair

Yet AJ was tearing them apart? Great feat

Elsa has show the ability to do pulses of power around her, that would be an easy way to break telekinesis

Again, according to Spike, magic usually focuses on just one discipline. We don't know if Celestia can teleport combo other people and even if she could, Twilight's teleport combo has never moved someone more than a few feet

Celestia can't teleport things to the Sun, if she could, she would have done that to Chrysalis. The age spell is interesting as is transmutation, but since the unicorns never use them for battle in the show, for some reason, they are useless in combat. Either that, or Celestia is an idiot strategist. Teleporting inside Elsa would be a bad idea considering Elsa's internal body temperature is apparenty really cold. Even if Celestia can take the cold, she'd die in the process from a bone splinter or what not impaling her

They aren't literally inside of the celestial bodies. You have two options

The Moon in MLP is smaller than a pony

Or it's a magic seal

The HST is weak as shit though. In any case, the Sun in the MLP verse is either tiny, or it's just a magic seal. There's also the dragons not respecting Celestia, if she were so powerful, they'd be afraid

@@Demirari,

We don't know if she built that or not. No, if Celestia says something, the ponies always obey.

I find it funny how you mention ponies aren't shot into space. Remember this?

img-2504699-1-485055__safe_princess%20ce

Again, Celestial bodies in the Fim universe are small enough that you can see ponies on them

I saw what NMM's blasts did to stone...it was unimpressive. If Celestia was brought to her knees by that, she is a glass cannon supreme. So is Elsa, to be fair

Yet AJ was tearing them apart? Great feat

Elsa has show the ability to do pulses of power around her, that would be an easy way to break telekinesis

Again, according to Spike, magic usually focuses on just one discipline. We don't know if Celestia can teleport combo other people and even if she could, Twilight's teleport combo has never moved someone more than a few feet

Celestia can't teleport things to the Sun, if she could, she would have done that to Chrysalis. The age spell is interesting as is transmutation, but since the unicorns never use them for battle in the show, for some reason, they are useless in combat. Either that, or Celestia is an idiot strategist. Teleporting inside Elsa would be a bad idea considering Elsa's internal body temperature is apparenty really cold. Even if Celestia can take the cold, she'd die in the process from a bone splinter or what not impaling her

They aren't literally inside of the celestial bodies. You have two options

The Moon in MLP is smaller than a pony

Or it's a magic seal

The HST is weak as shit though. In any case, the Sun in the MLP verse is either tiny, or it's just a magic seal. There's also the dragons not respecting Celestia, if she were so powerful, they'd be afraid

@@Demirari,

We don't know if she built that or not. No, if Celestia says something, the ponies always obey.

I find it funny how you mention ponies aren't shot into space. Remember this?

img-2504699-1-485055__safe_princess%20ce

1. Not with her feat for being able to survive on the sun while she was banished and being able to survive attacks that overpowers her own. Either she's a glass cannon that has an extreme tolerance for high heat or she's alot more durable than what the writers otherwise like to indicate as they seem to especially like to whack Celestia with the worf bat.

2. Should we also mention it managed to ensnare Twilight as well and the fact those vines were designed by Discord to ensnare the princesses and those vines caught them completely off guard.

3. Can those power pulses actually manage to break out of telekinsis and how's her range considering that's still not going to save a BFR from Celestia.

4. Yet we see ponies that were taught under Celestia in Twilight and Sunset Shimmer to be powerful mages, Starswirl the bearded himself, and the princesses are capable of performing multiple fields of magic. Most unicorn ponies may be able to only focus on one field of magic, but especially adept ones in magic can perform multiple fields.

5. Chrysialis was protected by major plot armor throughout the whole episode as she managed to suceed in her disguise despite doing everything that goes against Cadence's nature, was siphoning off of Shining Armor and Candence's love for each other (which they stated love is one of the most powerful elements in Equestria) for who knows how long, and Celestia herself was worfed for the sake to ensure Cadence and Shining Armor's love triumped.

6. We haven't seen them used in combat because for whatever reason the writers seem to stick to the Unicorns using magic blasts despite their other spells having great applicaitons for combat. Just because we haven't seen them used in combat doesn't mean they cannot be used.

7. Unless you can show me Elsa can withstand the temperatures of a sun, she's not going to survive it regardless how cold her internal temperature is. Not to mention it wil be searing her skin and organs off.

8. Considering that the comics showcased that Luna and every pony is tiny compared to the moon, it's far more likely to be some seal to prevent them from escaping. It doesn't mean however they won't be feeling the effects of being in  a sun or moon.

9. The sun isn't tiny considering that it's large and powerful enough to provide Equestria with the ability to support life. Not to mention we haven't seen any evidence to suggest the sun or the moon especially is any smaller than our own. Those dragons are also a bunch of arrogant asses. For all we know they can be just gloating, being ignorant, or both despite Celestia's power as we've seen nothing from the dragons to indicate anything other than being powerful enough to scare 3 capable pony fighters off, and have high tolerance to heat to the point they treat lava pools like we do with swimming pools.

10. Not what the comics say and also just because we were albe to see her image on a large portion of the moon's surface doesn't mean that whole surface is Luna herself, especially since  that mark itself is larger than Nightmare Moon by a considerable margin. Also, sorry for my previous behavior, why do I come off as an ass? I really dislike acting like that.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Because it is neutral ground? Elsa doesn't gain more power by having more snow around and Celestia might even be white enough to blend in

It froze summer, it's tougher to melt than regular ice at least. Also, the ice put in Anna's heart was actually growing underneath 98.6 degree temperatures

You're confusing Elsa with Frozone. Elsa can somehow create ice out of nothing, even in wintry air when there's not much moisture

Implying Celestia isn't

479398.gif

She's crying here

Because of this

1. Because Nuke thinks that when they are banished, they are literally on the bodies

2. She was studying comets, not stars. Considering we literally see the stars move to free NMM, they are very close and very tiny. For all we know, the sun is a lot closer in FIM and smaller than the Terran one

3. I'm not arguing that, I'm arguing that if her beams are so powerful, then a stronger beam should have sent Celstia flying

1. There wasn't enough time, Chrysalis was still in shock after defeating Celestia. Why would she lower the power anyway?

2. Maybe the Moon is closer? Who knows

3. In that case, Celestia is not as tough as Nuke said she is

Based on assumption that she did so. She probably had plans for Celestia.

Canterlot_castle_wide_view_S1E26.pngThat is still far away. Look at the ponies as they begin to grow smaller. There is still no way you can see a pony on the moon.

And vines are chaotic, not normal. It was also draining the Tree of Harmony.

Edited by Demirari

(edited)

She has the home-field advantage, I'm sure you're going to later try to say theat she knows the mountains better than Celestia.

And we both saw that she pulled out a giant snowman out of the snow around her, don't give me that.

No, she technically changed the tempature by releasing her ice-powers thorough her emotions.

Summer is still there, just the constant coldness doesn't let any of the summer heat through.

Norway summers are like Equestrian winters (exaggeration, but you get the point that Norway is ALWAYS cold, even in summers). Basically...Celestia will show Elsa ACTUAL summer.

That's not actual ice, remember? It was cold magic. And we both know she could not do it again even if she wanted to, because she's undisciplined.

I'll give you that.

Implying Celestia isn't

479398.gif

She's crying here

And then she hesitantly unleashed an attack that was so powerful it banished her own sister to the moon--what's your point? The difference is that Celestia has the age and experience to not let her emotions cloud her judgement (THE WHOLE F*CKING MOVIE WAS ELSA'S EMOTIONS CLOUDING HER JUDGEMENT).

What? That is dumb as hell, friend.

Since it's a battle to the death, then it's understandable that they both don't have the hesitance to kill, but if you remove who they are by making them both blood-crazy barbarians, then you're simply pitting an idea against an other. Think about it, it's pretty silly and not worth the thread-space.

Becasue she absorbed all of Shining Armor's love for Cadence (which, again, was alot), Even CHRYSALIS was surprised by the tremendous power (power, before you imply, that is exponentioally greater than Elsa would ever imagine ).

Because of this

What? Holy sh*t, you REALLY think that's actually Nightmare Moon's actual, real face on the moon?

Dude, it's symbolic. It's symbolizing her dark, Nightmare Force powers being locked away on the moon.

C'mon.

I replied inside your quote...there was just too much to argue coherently otherwise.

Edited by Dattebayo

It doesn't matter. Batman shows up and kicks both their asses.

You already KNOW he's got some anti-magical horse repellent in that belt of his.

And Elsa? Bats can just manipulate Elsa's weak mind into giving up. He's done that to less mentally-fragile people MANY times before.

• Brohoof 2

from I can tell elsas ice is unmeltable so celestias solar powers are useless and the ice attacks could injur her wings

Nope, it does melt and nowhere in the movie does it say it does not.

Okay then, Celestia's powers can chop off her hands. See how boring and situational that sounds?

• Brohoof 2

1. Not with her feat for being able to survive on the sun while she was banished and being able to survive attacks that overpowers her own. Either she's a glass cannon that has an extreme tolerance for high heat or she's alot more durable than what the writers otherwise like to indicate as they seem to especially like to whack Celestia with the worf bat.

We've agreed that Celestia and Luna weren't actually on the Sun and Moon

2. Should we also mention it managed to ensnare Twilight as well and the fact those vines were designed by Discord to ensnare the princesses and those vines caught them completely off guard.

That just means their magic is overrated

3. Can those power pulses actually manage to break out of telekinsis and how's her range considering that's still not going to save a BFR from Celestia

The power pulses have a decent radius around Elsa, they would at least make Celestia drop her

4. Yet we see ponies that were taught under Celestia in Twilight and Sunset Shimmer to be powerful mages, Starswirl the bearded himself, and the princesses are capable of performing multiple fields of magic. Most unicorn ponies may be able to only focus on one field of magic, but especially adept ones in magic can perform multiple fields.

We don't know about Starswirl actually.

5. Chrysialis was protected by major plot armor throughout the whole episode as she managed to suceed in her disguise despite doing everything that goes against Cadence's nature, was siphoning off of Shining Armor and Candence's love for each other (which they stated love is one of the most powerful elements in Equestria) for who knows how long, and Celestia herself was worfed for the sake to ensure Cadence and Shining Armor's love triumped.

There's no moment showing otherwise, therefore, it's canon

. We haven't seen them used in combat because for whatever reason the writers seem to stick to the Unicorns using magic blasts despite their other spells having great applicaitons for combat. Just because we haven't seen them used in combat doesn't mean they cannot be used.

Then Celestia is a tactical moron

7. Unless you can show me Elsa can withstand the temperatures of a sun, she's not going to survive it regardless how cold her internal temperature is. Not to mention it wil be searing her skin and organs off.

Why would Celestia be that hot? Celestia is not hot at all, judging by the fact that no one mentions heat around her at all, while Elsa is stated many times to feel cold to the touch

9. The sun isn't tiny considering that it's large and powerful enough to provide Equestria with the ability to support life. Not to mention we haven't seen any evidence to suggest the sun or the moon especially is any smaller than our own. Those dragons are also a bunch of arrogant asses. For all we know they can be just gloating, being ignorant, or both despite Celestia's power as we've seen nothing from the dragons to indicate anything other than being powerful enough to scare 3 capable pony fighters off, and have high tolerance to heat to the point they treat lava pools like we do with swimming pools.

I think that the fact that Celestia didn't want to talk to Basil suggests she doesn't want to deal with them

Wait if they're both bloodlusted then wouldn't Celestia's superior speed and variety of attacks would prevail over Elsa?

Elsa can stop arrows mid flight. Her ice works a bit like Spider Sense in that she doesn't need to be conscious of it for it to work. Celestia isn't that fast and has shown no good speed feats aside from teleporting, which wouldn't help much since that would panic Elsa into going spray and pray mode

She has the home-field advantage, I'm sure you're going to later try to say theat she knows the mountains better than Celestia

Nope, not going to bring that up. She was only there for two days

And we both saw that she pulled out a giant snowman out of the snow around her, don't give me that.

There was no snow in the ice palace, it was created

No, she technically changed the tempature by releasing her ice-powers thorough her emotions. Summer is still there, just the constant coldness doesn't let any of the summer heat through. Norway summers are like Equestrian winters (exaggeration, but you get the point that Norway is ALWAYS cold, even in summers). Basically...Celestia will show Elsa ACTUAL summer.

Even so, Elsa did that with no effort. Put in a bit more effort, she can probably take away Equestria summers too

And then she hesitantly unleashed an attack that was so powerful it banished her own sister to the moon--what's your point? The difference is that Celestia has the age and experience to not let her emotions cloud her judgement (THE WHOLE F*CKING MOVIE WAS ELSA'S EMOTIONS CLOUDING HER JUDGEMENT).

Didn't affect her in combat though. In fact, she was doing fairly well against the guards when she was doing her best to hold back

What? That is dumb as hell, friend. Since it's a battle to the death, then it's understandable that they both don't have the hesitance to kill, but if you remove who they are by making them both blood-crazy barbarians, then you're simply pitting an idea against an other. Think about it, it's pretty silly and not worth the thread-space.

It's to prevent running away and other mental attacks from happening. Basically, the only thing on their mind is killing the other. It tend to help out non-fighters like Titanosaurus and Elsa

Becasue she absorbed all of Shining Armor's love for Cadence (which, again, was alot), Even CHRYSALIS was surprised by the tremendous power (power, before you imply, that is exponentioally greater than Elsa would ever imagine ).

I know, I'm just saying that Celestia being a demigoddes(never proved) means nothing

What? Holy sh*t, you REALLY think that's actually Nightmare Moon's actual, real face on the moon? Dude, it's symbolic. It's symbolizing her dark, Nightmare Force powers being locked away on the moon. C'mon.

Yeah, I got that by this point

It doesn't matter. Batman shows up and kicks both their asses.

Batman would get crushed by Marshmallow

And Elsa? Bats can just manipulate Elsa's weak mind into giving up. He's done that to less mentally-fragile people MANY times before.

How would that work unless he's been studying Elsa for days? Is he a mind reader? Even then, there wouldn't be much knowledge on her considering she was locked in a room and most people wouldn't know about her mental problems. Still, he could probably break her

I just assume that Celestia is capable of what Twilight is doing.

Teleportation, telekinesis, flying and (protection shield (comic canon)) should be more than enough.

@@baltoist,

First off, use grammar. Second of all, I want Elsa to win, but your argument is very weak

Celestia's powers can chop off her hands

IDK, Celestia's beams would more likely be concussive. Not to say they won't hurt Elsa, but it won't cut body parts off. It would more likely be breaking bones and what not. However, ice shields take care of that

Nope, it does melt and nowhere in the movie does it say it does not.

I don't believe it ever melts in the movie unless she deconjures it. Even so, her ice is very cold as it turned shattered steel within milliseconds of exposure(Hans's sword)

I just assume that Celestia is capable of what Twilight is doing.

Teleportation, telekinesis, flying and (protection shield (comic canon)) should be more than enough.

Flawless logic. 

Fluttershy can now fly just as fast as RD

Pinkie is as strong as AJ

No, there is no evidence for Celestia knowing any spells other than what we've seen.

IF you use this argument, then Elsa goes to absolute zero temperature and wipes away Celestia's atoms