Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Christian Music

CosmicHooves

Now if you don't like Christian music and you're just here to express hurtful and offensive opinions and to start a debate of screaming and nastiness, turn around and go away.

This thread is if you LIKE that type of music.

There are actually atheist who enjoy this type of music,

I've seem comments like. "I'm no Christian, but this song is great!".

It's good to see people put aside their differences in beliefs and know when a song is true a great song.

Now I listen to both secular and Christian music.

Christian music though actually makes me feel better.

When I'm having a rough day or I'm depressed I'll put on something like this:

Now you may not agree with everything a song might say, but come on.

It's a good song!

I hope I'm not the only one who appreciates Christian music on this forum.

Alright.

Reply away!

Edited by Psyco Dash
  • Brohoof 3

Skillet's a Christian band and I love their music. One nice thing is that the lyrics are actually very ambiguous. So even though it's actually about Christ you can apply it to something with more meaning to yourself if that's not your thing. Even ponies if you want. Plus, they have a nice variety, as not all of their music has to do with Christian stuff.

Here's a pmv of their song "Hero": http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=enOTl7rXTSk

Edited by BasementPony
  • Brohoof 2

Skillet's a Christian band and I love their music. One nice thing is that the lyrics are actually very ambiguous. So even though it's actually about Christ you can apply it to something with more meaning to yourself if that's not your thing. Even ponies if you want. Plus, they have a nice variety, as not all of their music has to do with Christian stuff.

Here's a pmv of their song "Hero":

Wow. That actually was pretty good.

I love the use of the electric piano (if it was an electric piano I was hearing).

Well, Alice Cooper is not labeled under the "Christian" genre of music officially, but his albums for the past 20+ years are very Christian in message. He's also one of the few men alive today I would consider someone I look up to as what some people would call as a "personal Hero". Anyway, here is a really great song of his that could honestly be sung in a church service: http://youtu.be/FI_vvGync9A

• Brohoof 1

Here's another one of my personal favorites!

Well, Alice Cooper is not labeled under the "Christian" genre of music officially, but his albums for the past 20+ years are very Christian in message. He's also one of the few men alive today I would consider someone I look up to as what some people would call as a "personal Hero". Anyway, here is a really great song of his that could honestly be sung in a church service: http://youtu.be/FI_vvGync9A

Wow.

I actually have never known that about Alice Cooper.

• Brohoof 1

Wow. I actually have never known that about Alice Cooper.

Most people are surprised when they hear that the Coop is a Christian, as well as one that views Scripture as the Word of God (it's pretty easy to find vids of him talking about his Faith on youtube)   :)  . He converted in the late 80's, it's tough to pick the exact date though. But yeah especially starting with his Album 'The Last Temptation' his albums are quite Christian in message, if you are listening. I wrote a paper for school a year back, on the topic of Sin and the OT Prophets, I wrote it while listening to his Album 'Dragontown', and made a 94.

But I'm getting off topic a bit now :muffins: ... So here is one of my favorite Gospel songs by another source people would consider surprising: http://youtu.be/XOKtIV3fpqA That song actually has been known to make me tear up, because I've been so moved by it.

Edited by Virgil_Harris
  • Brohoof 1

This song is a Christian rock song by The Who, Where Pete Townshend talks about what he'd give to meet God.

I'd gladly lose me to find you
I'd gladly give up all I had
To find you I'd suffer anything and be glad

I'd pay any price just to get you
I'd work all my life and I will
To win you I'd stand naked, stoned and stabbed

I'd call that a bargain
The best I ever had

• Brohoof 1

The only Christian music I really listen to is back from the Renaissance, when most of the recorded music was from the church.

TBH, the Christian meaning of it means nothing to me, although I was a Christian when I started listening to it and used to describe it as "Heavenly". Lol. Now I just think it's exquisitely beautiful music by natural means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSqe_7P2AE0

• Brohoof 3

• 4 months later...

I'm not religious in the slightest, but this music gives me chills whenever I hear it:

It's Agnus Dei, by Kodäly. The changing, flowing harmonies, the otherworldly melodies... It's amazing, and you don't need to be religious to appreciate how unearthly beautiful it is.

(It sounds better with an organ instead of an orchestra, but there aren't many quality recordings, unfortunately.)

• Brohoof 2

I'm a huge fan of Christian metal. Bands like Fit For A King, August Burns Red, Impending Doom, Wolves at the Gate, For Today, etc.

My favorite song of all time would have to be the single that Fit For A King just came out with. It's about a man who thinks that he can work his way into heaven by practically torturing himself (like the monks did) and he's crying out to God "This pain is just too much to take. Use me as Your servant or just let me go."

But God is crying back "You just need to have faith and then you will have grace."

• Brohoof 1

I'm not a Christian and I don't really like Christian Rock/Metal, but I absolutely love Gospel music. I think most songs are very well composed and take a lot of skill to play. And if it also offers hope/happiness to people, I can definitely get behind it.

• Brohoof 1

I am a Christian, so of course I love Christian music(well, not so much the metal, or raps).

Anyway, here is a nice one by Mandisa featuring Toby Mac.

Edited by Pat.Rio.T.
  • Brohoof 1

My favorite Christian songs are the old aria's and opera's actually here are a couple of my favorites. The first one is Ave Maria which is a musical adaption of the "hail Mary" prayer.

And the next one is a musical adaption of Psalm 51, Miserere which translation into English means "have mercy on me oh God."

• Brohoof 1

i like brandon heath, and old school bluegrass gospel/hymns. victory in jesus is my favorite hymn :)

this whole album is great, but this is the first song   ^_^

aaand this is from one of the jam sessions after bluegrass church *^_^* very sweet and talented folks! i love em

Edited by SweetJeans88
  • Brohoof 1

Funny thing about Christian music in my area is that it seems the contemporary stuff is shunned; whether it be rock, pop, or whatnot. I guess that is a result of the isolated culture of this rural area.

Considering my 'on the fence' views of my Christian faith, the Christian meanings of the music is...well, muted to me, but some songs are definitely beautiful.

Anyway, when it comes to Christian music I tend to prefer the Baroque stylings of J.S. Bach.

When I was growing up I was really exposed to southern gospel groups; like the Singing Cookes & the Gaithers. Now-a-days, those groups kinda bore me. Outside of Bach, Christian music has really nose-dived for me, BUT don't take that as me ranting against the genre.

I mean when you have beautiful pieces like this, there is obviously things to love for people like me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCULWK4tNuc

The only Christian music I really listen to is back from the Renaissance, when most of the recorded music was from the church.

TBH, the Christian meaning of it means nothing to me, although I was a Christian when I started listening to it and used to describe it as "Heavenly". Lol. Now I just think it's exquisitely beautiful music by natural means.

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSqe_7P2AE0

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7aJZwY3Alk

I'm not religious in the slightest, but this music gives me chills whenever I hear it:

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT03FtqbMxQ

It's Agnus Dei, by Kodäly. The changing, flowing harmonies, the otherworldly melodies... It's amazing, and you don't need to be religious to appreciate how unearthly beautiful it is.

(It sounds better with an organ instead of an orchestra, but there aren't many quality recordings, unfortunately.)

Ah, yah gotta love a good orchestra & choir. <3

• Brohoof 2

Not a religious guy by any means but I am a big fan of Neal Morse, especially his work with Transatlantic which is heavily Christian influented