Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tips on ponifying my human OC?

CadetGrey

(edited)

Thank you, @@TwilightSparkle1!

I drew her armour if she'd be an earth pony or crystal pony. I'll draw the unicorn armour later!

VHzgJiy.png?1?6713

Unicorn armour, ready! I went for a more elegant type here, because in Hearth's Warming Eve unicorns were portrayed as a bit snobbish.

PFo3Z5K.png?1

Edited by CadetGrey
  • Brohoof 2

@@CadetGrey,

I like both. :lol:

Also, her cutie mark being on the armor/cape was a nice touch on top of the different styles.  :) --the plume being her mane, too.

Looks great~

(edited)

Thank you so much! I drew her as an earth pony again, but tried a slightly different style this time. I think I'll stick to my old one, though! 

EDIT: lineart edited.

(YIKES)

I really need a name for her, though. I've been trying to think of one, but there's just nothing that comes to mind!

Edited by CadetGrey
Old art, nope.
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

@@CadetGrey, awesome work, though yeah I prefer your older style too, sorry to say.  :) The line art seems to work better with the body.

Names... I was honestly not sure if you were using your username for her, so I was a little confused as to what her name was.  :P Maybe you could look at medieval stuff for inspiration, since it seems to be a central focus point of her design?

Beyond that, you could look at adjectives/nouns that apply to knights/soldiers/etc.  :) Something may jump out at you in time, but I'd definitely recommend not rushing it.  :lol:  //Usually I think names are nouns or adjective+noun?//

Sadly, only a few decent (in my opinion) possible name-fragments come to mind for me, though I have a number of other places I could root around still: Stalwart, Dauntless, Valorous.

Edited by SFyr

@@SFyr, after what you said I redid the lineart the way I usually do it, and you're right! It looks much better. (I edited it in in the previous post). Especially her eyes tend to look better and more, well, hers when drawn in my style.

And thank you for the advice on the name. Coming up with pony names is pretty difficult!

• Brohoof 1

Thank you so much! I drew her as an earth pony again, but tried a slightly different style this time. I think I'll stick to my old one, though! EDIT: lineart edited.

iecLnfW.png?1?3166

I really need a name for her, though. I've been trying to think of one, but there's just nothing that comes to mind!

Oh my gosh! She is so cute! I think I have a crush on her. ;)

(edited)

@@CadetGrey, yeah, I think it looks a little better than I remember now, haha.  :)

I'm still figuring out how I wanna do lines myself. I've temporarily found a rut to walk in though, so..  :lol:

Anyways, good luck with finding a name.  :)

Names for my characters (without going into unnecessary detail) often wound up following the adjective + noun form, or adjective-like-noun + noun.  :P  Usually tied into theme, talent, personality, or something to do with their appearance.

Edited by SFyr
  • Brohoof 1

[

Wow, I LOVE that OC! I especially like how her mane is purple with some blonde. You have a great drawing style too! I can't decide whether Earth, Unicorn, or Pegasus looks best XD

Thank you so much! I'm very sorry for the late reply. I'm glad to hear you like her, as well as my drawing style! Honestly, I didn't really think about it, so I was kind of afraid it wouldn't be all that good. Anyway, thank you. It's comments like yours that brighten my day! <:

You silly filly! You forgot Batponies! Awesome art btw

Wah, thank you so much! :DBat pony, huh... Well, if you'd like to see her as a bat pony, I could doodle he as one! You know, just for laughs! :derp:

Wah, thank you so much! :DBat pony, huh... Well, if you'd like to see her as a bat pony, I could doodle he as one! You know, just for laughs! :derp:

As the owner of a batpony character, I would enjoy this.  :muffins:

If you don't, then i might. Who knows. I might even dare use *gasps* Digital art! O.O

• Brohoof 1

As the owner of a batpony character, I would enjoy this. :muffins: 

Really? Awesome! I'll give it a shot.

If you don't, then i might. Who knows. I might even dare use *gasps* Digital art! O.O

Gasp! Witchcraft, I tell thee!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I like her.  :muffins:

And no worries, haha. Some of my projects kinda get sidelined sometimes, because reasons.

Also, she looks a good bit more dangerous like that, doesn't she?

Edited by SFyr