Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anything you wanted to know about drugs but were too afraid to ask

PsychedelicPony

Ah, I am just posting here to tell people that I think this is a great topic :) There are plenty of people who just pretend drugs don't exist, and who simply don't want to talk about it. But knowledge is power, and you need this power never to do it :(

I have smoked weed for a few years. I didn't have many problems with it, and I could quit without any problems. However, one night when I smoked some pot, I suddenly got some heavy panic attacks.. And I still feel rather anxious pretty often. It turned me into a hypochondriac, and that isn't a fun psychological condition to have.

I also want to talk a bit about caffeine, because it is even more socially accepted then alcohol. In the netherlands (and many western countries) it is normal to drink coffee. As a matter of fact, it's almost socially necessary (almost). But as far as I know, most people don't know that it is a drug. Sure, it is one of the safest drugs you can use, it has certain health benifits and chances you die from it are VERY slim, but there are a couple of side effects caffeine has that people don't know about (Especially since a lot of children drink stuff like energy drinks and Cola, so don't know how it is to live without the side effects).

Caffeine is addictive. It's hard to stop taking it, because it can give you a terrible headache. You can't take painkillers to stop it, because pain killers generally contain caffeine. You will also get some heavy heart fluttering. The combonation with caffeine and Weed was propably the reason why I got these panic attacks, because caffeine and Weed can both give you panic attacks. Caffeine also impairs your bio-rythm and it can greatly disrupt your concentration. A lot of people who are heavy caffeine consumers find themselves working all the time, doing small, meaningless tasks, and then they complain they get nowhere with their work.

Well, not everyone reacts the same way on caffeine. Some people are really resistent to the negative effects, and if you don't have any of these problems, just continue drinking your coffee. But if you have some of these problems, and you don't know what is causing it, it might be caffeine.

I agree completely, caffeine is the most used drug in America/world and also has the most addicts. I have had a simliar experience with marijuana before. I had quit doing drugs and on New Years I was with friends who all smoked and I decided it couldn't hurt to do it one more time. I had been drinking went outside to smoke a cigarette and everything started to fade away like I couldn't keep my body up. I managed to get back inside and lay on the couch and my mind was convinced I was dead and I was in my own personal hell. It was one of the worst moments of my life and I regret ever thinking one more time couldn't hurt. 

(edited)

You can't take painkillers to stop it, because pain killers generally contain caffeine.

What kind of crazy European painkillers are you taking?  :huh:  In the United States everybody takes Advil or Tynenol over-the-counter and they contain Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen respectively.

Edited by K.K. Slider
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
What kind of crazy European painkillers are you taking? 

Many "Extra Strength" painkillers have caffeine as an additive. It dilates the blood vessels and reduces blood pressure, in addition to the stimulating effects causing the imbiber to, more than likely, move around. Physical activity helps focus the mind from the pain as well as cause the body to start pumping out everyone's favorite feel-good hormones. 

Edit: Which, by the way, is why most over the counter meds tell you to seek medical attention if your symptoms don't go away. The body has a natural status quo and regulates itself to reach it. Most OTC medication is supposed to be a detour from Point A to Point B until the bridge is repaired. They aren't supposed to build you a new bridge.

Edited by Krosp I
  • Brohoof 2

Anyone done DMT? Honestly, I'm tempted to do it due to the spiritual possibilities. I've done LSD several times (well, 2 times LSD, one time 25i) and each time it was a transformative experience. DMT is kinda the holy grain in terms of transformative trips, and I have connections and I'm tempted to try it.

Many "Extra Strength" painkillers have caffeine as an additive. It dilates the blood vessels and reduces blood pressure, in addition to the stimulating effects causing the imbiber to, more than likely, move around. Physical activity helps focus the mind from the pain as well as cause the body to start pumping out everyone's favorite feel-good hormones.

Thanks for explaining this for me ;) I should have said that not all painkillers have caffeine, but a lot do. Not always strong ones, though. Here in the Netherlands we have a weak painkiller called paracetamol (Don't know if it is called the some in other countries). It's the most used painkiller in the Netherlands, and as far as I know, it contains caffeine. 

• Brohoof 1

Thanks for explaining this for me ;) I should have said that not all painkillers have caffeine, but a lot do. Not always strong ones, though. Here in the Netherlands we have a weak painkiller called paracetamol (Don't know if it is called the some in other countries). It's the most used painkiller in the Netherlands, and as far as I know, it contains caffeine. 

Paracetamol is the INN, in our country it's referred to as acetaminophen. Paracetamol itself cannot contain caffeine because they are both distinct chemical molecules. The chemical structure of paracetamol and caffeine are depicted respectively in the cartoons below:

200px-Paracetamol-skeletal.svg.png150px-Caffeine-2D-skeletal.svg.png

@@Krosp I had been making the point of painkillers containing caffeine in the sense that companies create formulations. I tried to look up Netherland's over the counter medications (medications you could obtain without a doctor's approval) however I couldn't find any, but a good example would be the brand Excedrin and their product Tension Headaches which contains: 500 mg of acetaminophen formulated with 65 mg of caffeine. This medication contains two distinct drug molecules in one capsule. Both of which should have for the most part their chemical structure preserved in order to maintain their effect on the human body.

• Brohoof 3

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question about heroin.

I am actually writing a character in a story that takes heroin, so I was wondering about the fine details about what a heroin high is like if at all possible.

How is it taken? What's the high like? And then just any other details you may think is important in writing...? Perhaps the effect it has on the user visually or long-term?

Thank you so much.

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

I have a question about heroin.

I am actually writing a character in a story that takes heroin, so I was wondering about the fine details about what a heroin high is like if at all possible.

How is it taken? What's the high like? And then just any other details you may think is important in writing...? Perhaps the effect it has on the user visually or long-term?

Thank you so much.

While I have not taken heroin personally, it is usually either smoked or injected with a needle.

I have heard it described as sobriety being compared to walking in a cold winter night for hours upon hours, and heroin is coming home, wrapping yourself in a warm electric blanket, and sipping a mug of hot coco. I've also heard it described as a calm so peaceful it's like a glimpse into heaven. The bad part is, once the feeling is over, it's like paradise is being torn from your fingers. Oftentimes, (but not always) you'll crave the stuff more than food. Don't do heroin, kids.

Erowid has a lot of trip reports for a lot of drugs, so look around here.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Heroin.shtml

Edited by SonOfTheNorthe
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

What's the high like?

I've smoked a small dose once and it made me nauseous. I've been told that's pretty standard until you get used to it. It's more common to inject it for a much more intense experience.

Erowid has a lot of trip reports for a lot of drugs, so look around here.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Heroin.shtml

Thank you for linking Erowid, it's hands down the best resource out there for homework on drugs and has helped prepare me in more ways than I could have hoped for. Edited by K.K. Slider

I was just wondering how people can get thier hands on it because you can't post something on the internet or just go screaming I want drugs really loudly and if someone has an area that everyone knows where to go won't the cops be on them in two seconds just wondering

I was just wondering how people can get thier hands on it because you can't post something on the internet or just go screaming I want drugs really loudly and if someone has an area that everyone knows where to go won't the cops be on them in two seconds just wondering

It really is about who you know, for the most part when you try a drug for the first time it is usually either because a friend has done it first or is going to do it with you. If it's the former usually that person knows a person who can get it for y'all. If it is the latter then your friend may know a friend who knows how to get it or for the most part if a dealer sells a specific drug (let's say psychedelics) they usually have more than one product they are selling so you can ask them and either they have it or know someone who does.

(Side note: I am not telling you this so you can buy drugs I'm telling you this to inform you about drug culture)

• 3 years later...
On 28/6/2014 at 12:53 PM, wowowowo said:

I mean, if you know the right people in this world, anything can be arranged.

As this isn't modeled as a debate it has been moved to General Discussion. Old thread is old, but still, doesn't fit.

Seeing as OP hasn't posted ITT for almost 4 years, if there is still any interest I can answer some questions so long as said answer doesn't get the FBI knocking on my door.

Edited by Twiggy

• 1 month later...
On 20/3/2018 at 4:09 AM, Twiggy said:

Seeing as OP hasn't posted ITT for almost 4 years, if there is still any interest I can answer some questions so long as said answer doesn't get the FBI knocking on my door.

yo dawg, where can i get some of dat yknow wink wink stuff

i wont tell on you, i promise dawg