Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies In The Wild: Brony Spotting Experiences

EP1C N3RD

Okay so friggin' last time I spotted a brony was at George Washington University when I was visiting a friend who goes there (I live in Baltimore and he lives in DC) and like while I was walking out to get to the bus or whatever there was this one brony with a fallout equestria hoodie on and I was all like EEEYYYYYYYYY

Brony fanon material spotting FTW.

Today I saw a girl with a poster that was supposed to convey her interests on it with a Rainbow Dash picture on it. I immediately started talking to her about the show(I have literally no shame about talking about it.) and I think I made a new friend today.

It was a long while back, but when we were stuck in traffic for some time in Toronto, I looked into the car window beside ours and noticed a Twilight plushie hanging from the car's rear view mirror. I was so happy when I saw the plushie that I jumped up and down as much as I could from our car. I really wanted to open my window and give the guy a brohoof, but I was sure that my parents wouldn't appreciate that xD.

(edited)

There was this one girl in my highschool with an MLP folder so she might've been a pegasister, and also when I was checking out ponies the cashier sang the theme song(which was generation 1 and creeped me out) but no true brony encounters only with pegasisters.

Edited by PokeBolter

Funny ... I would spot another Brony in the wild on a weekly basis ... back before I could actually say 'another'. Occasionally when picking up a t-shirt or blind bag for one of the kids the cashier would assume I was one and try and start a conversation. Most times I would have no idea what the reference was.

Lately, post 'conversion', I still spot the obvious and subtle signs on teens at the mall, restaurant, coffee shop, etc.

My age would definitely make my look like a creeper if I went up to a teen yelling about best Pony or Tardy or something ... so I smile in silent recognition .., though my kids have shouted "Nice Shirt" on occasion.

I found a brony at my workplace of all places. I talked to him. and he's pretty cool. Now I've got a brony buddy that I can talk to and stuff. He hasn't seen past season 2, though, He said he has no way of watching it, so I told him we should hang out and he can catch up on season 3 and 4. He's also been around since the show started, in the days of /co/. 

I figure that this would be the best place for me to share these, since...well...these weren't taken at a pony con, but rather Phoenix Comic Con. But I encountered quite a number of bronies (not including the ones I already knew who were heading the panel for the local brony meetup group). And that reoccurring Vinyl cosplayer (not the very first one) is my girlfriend ^_^. I also got a Pinkie Pie cosplayer to pose with my Portal gun :3

post-24966-0-53771800-1402608906_thumb.jpgpost-24966-0-47800800-1402608911_thumb.jpgpost-24966-0-16252100-1402608917_thumb.jpgpost-24966-0-70379800-1402608921_thumb.jpgpost-24966-0-63880900-1402608926_thumb.jpgpost-24966-0-19617500-1402608968_thumb.jpgpost-24966-0-72063000-1402608972_thumb.jpgpost-24966-0-53103000-1402608978_thumb.jpgpost-24966-0-63156100-1402608982_thumb.jpgpost-24966-0-42812100-1402608994_thumb.jpgpost-24966-0-87365600-1402608999_thumb.jpgpost-24966-0-85483600-1402609004_thumb.jpgpost-24966-0-16638800-1402609010_thumb.jpg

(edited)

I can't be certain they were a brony, but they were wearing a jacket/costume of Spike walking around the mall.

They probably were a brony lol. Edited by GXPBlast

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Being a relatively closet brony I do not reveal myself to anyone. My one exception is if I spot another brony in public I am willing to open up and possibly make a new friend to talk about MLP and other stuff in general.

I had one encounter with another brony a couple of weeks ago and when I spotted him I got very excited and really wanted to speak to him. I spoke about this is past threads. Sadly I did not get to speak to him due to certain factors that were going on around us and the fact that he was too absorbed watching an episode on MLP on his phone and I did not want to bother him.

But when I saw him I was very happy that I finally spotted a brony. The thing is that I am sure there are many other bronies that could be around me but many dont wear pony merchandise to make in obvious due to many factors that I am sure you guys are aware of such as getting hate from people in public.

I plan on getting a very subtle MLP based shirt that only bronies would recognize and I hope this will bring some bronies my way, but that aside spotting a fellow brony in public by wearing merchandise alone or overhearing a conversation talking about MLP is very exciting.

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 2

I saw some bronies a few times around school (gave one a brohoof. :3), and one outside of school. What I do is compliment their merchandise, or/give them a brohoof. :)

I saw my first real life brony at Hot Topic a month or so ago. Here's how it went:

Me: *squee* He's talking about Sparity with the cash register girl!!! :3 *deep breath* Gotta stay calm... should I go and talk to him...? No, that'd be weird because I'm a girl and only 14... and my mom would be freaking out... *goes to other side of store but watches him in non-stalkerish way*

~ LATER ~

Me: Hey, mom, I saw a brony today at Hot Topic!

Her: I saw him...

Me: ... -_- (on the inside)

~~~

Any ideas on what to do next time? :/

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I saw some bronies a few times around school (gave one a brohoof. :3), and one outside of school. What I do is compliment their merchandise, or/give them a brohoof. :)

I saw my first real life brony at Hot Topic a month or so ago. Here's how it went:

Me: *squee* He's talking about Sparity with the cash register girl!!! :3 *deep breath* Gotta stay calm... should I go and talk to him...? No, that'd be weird because I'm a girl and only 14... and my mom would be freaking out... *goes to other side of store but watches him in non-stalkerish way*

~ LATER ~

Me: Hey, mom, I saw a brony today at Hot Topic!

Her: I saw him...

Me: ... -_- (on the inside)

~~~

Any ideas on what to do next time? :/

Some bronies that feel they are the only brony in their town or are in a area with a small population feel great knowing that they are not alone and could befriend another brony once spotted.

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1