Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies In The Wild: Brony Spotting Experiences

EP1C N3RD

A few of my pre-existing friends are bronies.

As for people I didn't already know, I did meet one in one of my university classes last semester. We never really got any chance to talk, so he never actually brought it up in conversation with me, but he did have a new MLP themed desktop background on his laptop almost every other week, many of which featured Derpy, so I figured... derpy_emoticon2.png

Most of my friends are bronies, actually. They were the whole reason I started to watch the show! img-1307295-1-laugh.png  We talk a lot about My Little Pony, and sometimes (when we're hyper), we'll sing songs from the show at the top of our lungs!

You bloody lucky person. :(

I guess I don't really know any Bronies. But my sister, cousin and cousin-in-law-sort-of, and I are all crazily obsessed. We're all girls. I've never met a man brony. But I know that my friends big brother is, cos they were talking about it once at school making fun of him and I was just joining in like "haha yeah, who ever heard of such a thing?!"... :( I have to keep anything to do with MLP away from my friends because they can't accept it unfortunately. My sister's friend is a fan, but she's not an obsessive pegasister... She just watches it.

I also caught a girl drawing Rainbow Dash for certain in my art class. But she's super shy and I don't even know her, and I'm way too scared to ask her. I REALLY need to, it's killing me. Does anyone have any advice on how I can, without letting all my other friends know?

Actually, that's quite a few fans that I know. But never actually met a brony.

Well, I met and talked to a Brony at Hot Topic today when I was picking up the latest issue of the My Little Pony comic. I walked in, grabbed the comic, and when I was about to turn to look at some other pony merchandise, I spot him walking over. Guess he noticed me grabbing the comic and looking at it. He had the "Luna is Best Princess" shirt that Hot Topic has, a pair of Rainbow Dash ear buds, and a My Little Pony case on his phone. We just chatted in general about the comic, Equestria Girls, and building a computer. All in all, pretty cool I guess.

Well a couple of my friends were the ones that were bronies in the first place, and got me curious as to if the show was TRULY good or not. My sisters had watched it over that summer and I had sat down with them a couple of times cuz I was bored and cartoons were cool. I sort of liked it, and I didn't tell anyone about it. My friend told me he was a brony, and I found some of our other friends were too. I remained a closet brony until recently. Now my friends know, but they had pretty much known all along :derp:

Yes. There was a brony on my bus, and he actually made me acknowledge that the series existed.

He showed me SHED.MOV on his phone, and that's the very first thing of MLP: FiM I've ever seen. Kind of an obscure way to be introduced into the fandom, but I appreciate it. I'll have to thank him sometime for getting me into such a magical cartoon.

I remembered overhearing one of my classmates in my animation class asking other classmates if they were a brony (But I’m not sure if he is one). Just before my last class I made a clay Pinkie Pie figure for a claymation project. He saw my Pinkie Pie figure and shouted out that it was awesome. He wanted to know who made it. The girl in front of me pointed to me. Then he said more nice things about it.

(edited)

At my college there was a guy wearing a Rainbow Dash hoodie and he had an RD backpack plushie thingy as well. Interestingly, he had multi-colored hair. tongue.png I didn't get acquainted with him, but I told him I liked his Dash gear. I also saw a guy with a Rainbow Dash background on his phone.Seems like it's always Dashie.

Hopefully the next brony I meet will be a little more out-going. smile.png

Edited by Sugar Cube

I would love to meet some local bronies but sadly the only person where I live who shares an affinity for the show like me is my best friend, so we usually geek out over it together. I haven't met any guys who like it where I live but my sister knows a few that are her age. I don't think it's that popular where I live because everyone always says they have trouble finding merchandise but I never do.

I have. There was this guy in my college IT class who's a brony. He really likes Rainbow Dash. Other than him, it's mostly PSN friends of mine that are bronies, so I just have a some banter with them.

(edited)

I have met a few bronies. My brother is a brony and this kid that rides my bus is a brony. I know this other person who goes to my school that is a pegasister but  I don't really talk to her.

Edited by Super Derpy

Never and it really sucks. Because, I always get bored about what my friends are talking about. I just want to blurt out "Are any of y'all BRONIES!!!!!" But, I don't want to get laughed at. Like I tried asking my friend because, he came over for the first time so I was like "Hey you watch My Little Pony." Him: "Oh hell no." "Dude I was just playing around." *Sigh* I will never meet another brony in real life :(.

(edited)

I made someone like it biggrin.png

The story went like this:

Me and my 2 friends were walking around the camping, they know about the show since they spend alot of time on the internet.

Suddenly I said "Lets watch MLP in the tent before we go to sleep." They both said Ok.

So we were a bit tipsy, and we watched the first episode.

And ofcourse, because of the cliffhanger we watched the second episode. the first friend fell asleep when we were watching the second episode. The second one kept watching it.

Then we went to sleep, and guess what.

I woke up seeing my second friend watch the third episode. I'm so proud of him img-1586428-1-laugh.png

Edited by TamesB

I have met 2 bronies in real life but they were dislikeable people, I hope that large portion of the brony community is not like that and are likeable people. If you have had a similar situation and are unsure about other Bronies, let me know.

Or if you are finding it hard to find a way to admit to people you are a brony. You could also contact me for some advice, giving advice is my cutie mark per say.

• 2 weeks later...

I love answering this question because it was our very own ~Chaotic Discord~ that A) was the first Brony I ever met, and B) He got me hooked on ponies and C) he lives down the hall so we are going to Brony Con together :D

• Brohoof 1

I actually just met one today at work (I work at a Wendy's in NJ).  He came in with a Derpy shirt, so I brohoofed him.  We spoke a little about the fandom and about Equestria Girls (I wanted to know if it was playing anywhere around here).  Overall it was pretty cool. 

• Brohoof 1

Meeting a brony is what made me into the pegasister I am today. He was a classmate of mine who I barely talked to up until then when I guess I unknowingly made my profile picture a cute mlp profile picture. He messaged me, and then introduced me to the world of MLP. From then on, my addiction became an obsession. :D
MLP FiM 4 Life!

Oh yes, I've met about 60. ;) Organised meet-up. It was an absolute barrel of fun. One was a party with guest performances from AcousticBrony and LaserPon3, the other was a cinema trip to Iron Man 3 and then a trip to Frankie & Benny's. All you guys need to go and find one near you, great chance to chill and laugh.

The only Brony I've met by chance, though, is one at school. He had the screen name Fluttershy while we were doing a LAN match of Counter Strike in our common room. I sought him out and gave him a brohoof. >:]

• Brohoof 1

Actually I didn't know this show existed until I met my current group of friends. They convert everyone! I swear it! So really my answer is yes, I have met plenty in real life, and you would never know that they even were!

And actually I bet I met some and didn't even know it....

• Brohoof 1

A lot of people in real life that I have met KNOW about bronies and stuff.

Most of them don't seem far into it, though.

It's kind of like... Well, they say they know about it, but I know that I know more then them. They don't know the background characters and understand part of it. All they seem to know are the main characters and some basic stuff.

They seem to be more into anime than the show, which is understandable. MLP could be something that is watched by people who watch anime. 

It bugs me that my brain makes me feel superior to them, though. I know I know more, and it bugs me when they talk about something they know little about.

I wish I could gather the courage to talk to certain people who obviously are bronies, especially the female watchers of the show. It's easier to be approached than to approach somebody about these kinds of things.

• Brohoof 1