Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies In The Wild: Brony Spotting Experiences

EP1C N3RD

This question may or most likely has been asked before by other people. But has anybody ever met a brony in real life. I myself haven't met one in real life yet only on the internet. My friends don't know this show exists at all.

• Brohoof 6

i know one other person who could be considered an actual brony (he got me into mlp originally)  but other than that i haven't,  it seems that in northern Canada it is just too cold to have the magic in friendship i guess...

• Brohoof 1

I've meet some. It hasn't been from meet-ups (thought I am goin to go to one). No my University has a brony club and I have meet some bronies there. There arn't a lot of members (only 13-15 depends in how many go), but we are doing well.

• Brohoof 1

When I turned into a brony, it turned out a friend of mine was a brony too. Then another friend turned into one. But their favorite ponies are different from mine so we can't talk about it that much. Also because of the fact that we will never let other people know unless they're close friends

How is the fact that their favorite ponies are different than yours stopping you guys from discussing it?

Does that really cause that much of a problem?

Regardless, I have met quite a few Bronies in person in my time as a Brony, as well as my time before becoming a Brony.

They're all cool, dawg.

• Brohoof 4

How is the fact that their favorite ponies are different than yours stopping you guys from discussing it?

Does that really cause that much of a problem?

Regardless, I have met quite a few Bronies in person in my time as a Brony, as well as my time before becoming a Brony.

They're all cool, dawg.

The bronies I know always starts an argument whenever I mention Rainbow Dash or Vinyl Scratch. So I try to stay away from discussing it with them.

• Brohoof 2

The bronies I know always starts an argument whenever I mention Rainbow Dash or Vinyl Scratch. So I try to stay away from discussing it with them.

Wow, that's intense, broham.

*Takes a puff on pipe*

Who wouldn't want to talk about best pony and our friendly neighborhood wubber?

• Brohoof 4

Most of my friends are bronies, actually. They were the whole reason I started to watch the show! laugh.png  We talk a lot about My Little Pony, and sometimes (when we're hyper), we'll sing songs from the show at the top of our lungs!

Well, I'm fairly certain that one guy in my class is a brony (which is awesome because he's really funny and smart derpy_emoticon1.png )  And I made bronies out of my brother and best friend and I think my dad's warming up to the show. And I met a brony at the check-out at Wal-Mart when I bought Fluttershy. Oh! And the person working at Hot Topic! We both think Doctor Whooves is best pony.

• Brohoof 1

My cousins (most of them), a few of my friends, and a few random strangers. I made my friends like MLP, well...I didn't MAKE them. I told them about it, they watched a few episodes, and now they love it. So yes, I've met quite a bit of bronies.

I've met a few; my sister for one because I brought the show to her, one of my friend's girlfriends, and another one of my friend's siblings (a sister... I think...  I'm sorry, I'm not really familiar with transgender terminology and I hope that I'm not offending anyone.  In any case, she was born male but is now female).

I've also been to several conventions (not pony conventions; they're more or less internet and gaming cons) so I've seen a decent number of other bronies, though I wouldn't say that I've met any of them...  I should, but I'm too shy and don't want to bother them.

Edited by Antismurf9001

Unless you count one of my High-School classmates I started talking to again recently, that I found out is female brony, no. 

Which is odd, because my Wal-Mart sells so much pony I must be in bronyland. 

I've met plenty of bronies, whether it be at conventions (never been to a pony convention, though) college, church, or just being outside with a brony shirt on.

I've met a few actually. The first brony I met irl was someone I knew from band. Then I converted my boyfriend (who wasn't actually my boyfriend yet) to bronydom. He started watching the show so he would have something to text me about, then got legit into it. :P Then this year I discovered that even more people in band are bronies. I've had people comment on my pony shirts before at school too. So, I've met a decent amount. 

There's a group of about ten people in my school, though they're not...I don't know the right word... "dedicated". They like the show and occasionally mention it in a conversation, but they mostly prefer to talk about other stuff. 

A dude right next to me in a class.  I said "hoof bump" instead of "pound it" and he about flipped and gushed about save derpy and stuff if that gives you a timeline.  He was really embarrassed and didn't talk about it again.  Kind of made me sad.  Wish I knew what to say to him at the time but thats all gone.

Unfortunately I have never met a brony personally, however I saw and talked with some super cool cosplayers at a convention I went to like three weeks ago. It was my first venture into con-territory, and I must say it was a great experience! Fluttershy cosplay all the way! 

**I am female by the way wink.png

At the University that I am currently studying at, I see people wearing MLP shirts all the time. We don't have an official club or anything, but I'm looking into staring meetups with them in the future :D.

But yeah, I'll be attending my first meetup in a couple of weeks (Sooo excited about it right now wub.png). 

• Brohoof 1