Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies In The Wild: Brony Spotting Experiences

EP1C N3RD

I know three bronies irl. All three currently go to my school. The first two I met on the first day of the semester, while the other one was a recently-converted brony, (which one of my brony friends and I helped him with watching ponies & stuff lol). 

My town is small...so it's difficult to find bronies irl, or at least open bronies. 

Yes, my brother is a brony. Which is something I only found out rather recently, after he got some pony-related swag for Christmas (which I was then briefly but extremely jealous of). Before that, I had not the slightest clue that he liked ponies.

Haven’t run into any bronies elsewhere, although undoubtedly they exist.

Why, funny story, actually. I use to be a closet-brony until my friend found me out (caught me reading a fanfiction). Well, after he told some other CLOSE FRIENDS, this one dude made a pony reference to me. He said "Dashie is best pony"

And from there, I met a few other bronies (mostly in High School with me) and I converted three of my friends. Its so awesome having brony friends! Anywho, if you don't have any brony friends, best go out and make some.

PS...

I know 8 bronies irl at my high school, 3 of which are actual friends (as oppose to just bumpin in the hallway)

Edited by PlotQuake117

Just today, I met a girl at school who had an MLP wallet.

Ironically, most of our discussion was on philosophy and my upcoming book. Pony talk was limited to "what's your favorite episode?"

Edited by RWG

Once I met a guy at a arbies, getting lunch and his boss was like "did you bro-hoof that guy in the pony shirt" I then came back and waited for that guy to get off his shift, gave him 20 bucks and told him I was sorry his boss was a dick about it. we then became friends.

no I have not met any bronies in real life only on this forum and in my clan have I ever talked to bronies, but I guess there more rarer in England especially in the north west of it, I think im the only one.

No sadly not,

but evertime I meet someone I try to make MLP related comments then I wait for there reaction and if they laugh or do something conspicious I talk to them.

I'm also trying to convert my friends to bronies, no succes so far...

A lot of my friends in real life are bronies, but I once met one by surprise. In math class (my last period of the day) is was packing up my things and was the last one in the room with my Derpy Hooves shirt when out of no where a random guy comes up to me and says that he prefers Fluttershy and we got into a fun conversation and brohoofed.  :D

I personally know 3 bronies (I should know, I'm the one who assimilated them). It only took me a few days to assimilate my friends into bronies. They were like putty in my hooves ! -evil laugh-

• 2 weeks later...

Well, off the internet, I kinda know three. Mainly two.

The main two are two of my buddies whom I see a lot. One is one of my bestest buddies, and the other I don't get to actually talk to a lot anymore. :/ Heck, the bestest buddy one actually drew ponies with me today. tongue.png 

The third..Well. I was in Walmart, in the pet food section. (This was a few months ago.) And I saw a dude with a Fluttershy shirt. I squealed. And kinda slowly went over to him. I said hi, and told him that I'm a huge fan of the show, too. But..I was so awestruck and excited that I was kinda...Awkward. Shy. Really shy.  I was able to get a nice hug from him. I asked and such. The people with me had to explain to him that I liked the show and stuff, while I awkwardly, full of silent glee hugged him. He drew ponies apparently, and such. They told him I did too. He gave me a small brohoof, and we kinda parted ways. 
  But...As we walked away, I was full of.. Embarrassment. And I was quite down. I kept thinking to myself: " Why didn't I speak at like...All? Why...Ugh..I should of asked if he was on DeviantART or anything!!" And I kept wanting to go back, and appologise for my silence, and ask him questions and such..But I wasn't able to.  I was very down..And just...Blah for a few days afterwards. It was the first Brony I met outside the interwebs and my little group of off-internet friends, and I screwed up.  sad.png 
 blush.png  I swear..I get shy at the worst moments... 

But...At least I got a hug..? derpy_emoticon2.png 

Edited by Tual
  • Brohoof 1

I actually have quite a few friends who are bronies/pegasisters.Its good to know some people who share some of the same characteristics and ideals.

Edited by ImperiousMarvel

Sadly, I've never met a brony in real life. I saw one once, but by the time I noticed she was too far ahead of me and ended up going into a restaurant with her friend, so I never got to say anything. I probably would have stayed silent though, I'm too shy sometimes sad.png . I'll meet one some day though, I know they're out there. 

On another note, my squee ringtone went off one time and i noticed some people smiled. I don't know if they recognized it, or just liked the ringtone. My roommate also said he likes it, though I'm pretty sure he knows nothing of the show. The pony squee sure is powerful laugh.png

• 1 month later...

Ok, just today I was at "Moscow night bike quest" wearing my Twilight t-shirt, and six different people brohoofed me. So it's a good thing to wear pony merch at big gathering of people :) you could find really a lot of other bronies :)

hey everypony, i am currently in munich, germany for summer holiday, and i 've met some local bronies.laugh.png

best people i have ever met /)

yesterday was a bavarian brony meeting, so around 30 bronies gathered in park had BBQ and shisha (water pipe) very popular among german bronies :)

and in the evening we went to metal night club----> best night ever!! :)

my neck hurts from headbanging, but i tell you meet as many bronies as you can, we are EPIC!

No, but at least not yet. I don't know any bronies in real life but I sometimes quote the show to see if there are any bronies around. I have only met bronies online and on Black Ops 2. (I guess my shitty scootaloo emblem did look like scootaloo.)

• Brohoof 1

Once, I was at the gym and there was this big, burly dark-skinned dude walking through the gym wearing a Fluttershy shirt that said yay on it. He was awesome.

• Brohoof 3

Does meeting people with Rainbow Dash merchandise count? I met a few guys before at a local Wendy's playing YGO, but I figured that Rainbow Dash is just the recent internet craze.

(edited)

i have, there's the two people who work at my local game-stop (male and female) she showed me a awesome pinkie pie hoodie she wears. then there's my friend at work hes not really a hardcore brony  but he likes the show.And there's a guy at hot-topic that has a awesome set of MLP buttons (which i asked him where he got them and bought some for myself).Sadly no single pegasisters though...img-1545403-1-blush.png but i guess that's on a different topic.  img-1545403-2-wink.png

Edited by Spacetoasty

(edited)

Two bronies I know converted me, although they aren't as into it as any of us here. I kinda wish they were. Also my future-sister in law is a sort of pegasister. I mean she likes it and draws them for me so its nice. other than that not really. 

edit: Ihave seen a few on halo live. like

x discord x or something like that, a fwe applebloom variants, and I think I saw a Lunasbestponi once. 

Edited by SoundRaptured