Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why rainbow rocks toys if the movie hasn't come out YET!?

kkoi

Soooo...rainbow rocks toys are out in stores. I'm not an equestria girls fan or anything, but seriously? Toys already? The movie has NOT come out yet. Come on hasbro. You didn't realese(bad spelling,my bad) equestrian girls until AFTER the movie came out. What do you guys think? Is it a good idea or a bad idea to be selling now?

They likely want to promote the movie with new toys. Besides, this isn't unusual for Hasbro. They release Transformers film toys 3-5 months before the movies hit theaters.

• Brohoof 1

Are they better or worse then the original figures they made?

This is making me feel seriously geeky that I even know this, but...

From watching video reviews online, the dolls have been increasing in quality because the dolls started out without articulated joints, and also didn't really have feet -just these little balls on the end of their legs that you  attach their boots too.

Rainbow Rocks dolls have feet and knees that bend.

Rainbow rocks was announced like last summer and it's announced to come out after season 4 has ended, which is practically summer.

Hasbro just want's people to buy their toys already so that we don't change our minds once we've seen the movie

• 4 weeks later...

They promote the toys ahead of time, and they've been showing Rainbow Rocks original shorts for a couple months, now. Nothing strange at all.

The toys promote the movie, and the movie promotes the toys.  Since the movie is going to be in theaters for a much shorter amount of time than the toys will be on shelves, it makes sense for Hasbro to release them first.  That way kids will see the toys in stores, and then go to see the movie because they found out about it through the toys.  And then the people who found out about the movie first will see the movie, like it, and then go buy toys.  If they released the movie first they would lose a whole portion of their marketing for the movie.

Soooo...rainbow rocks toys are out in stores. I'm not an equestria girls fan or anything, but seriously? Toys already? The movie has NOT come out yet. Come on hasbro. You didn't realese(bad spelling,my bad) equestrian girls until AFTER the movie came out. What do you guys think? Is it a good idea or a bad idea to be selling now?

to amp up the hype, of course. Why would you release something like a movie and throw the products at the peaople afterward, when it's already over? It's all promotional material. makes sense to release it before the big kahuna of whatever you're promoting.

Because Hasbro's being a greedy-gus I really don't know. They're trying to promote the movies, I guess, trying to get people excited about the dolls. Obviously the first movie spoke for itself, though. I don't need to see the dolls to be excited. XD