Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nuclear Weapons Are Detonated In Equestria

GXPBlast

(edited)
Yea... may i remind you what Rainbow Dash can do with the Sonic Rainboom?

Very flashy but even at point blank range with the ground, nothing happened. Unless you're referring to her filly version, but that one made no sense what so ever. It blows a rock apart but Fluttershy, who's much closer is perfectly fine?

The Rainbow Nuke he shot at Lesson Zero?

Nothing too special, Twilight was very close to it and was perfectly fine

Or how about the huge blast that blew all the changelings away?

If it's anti-changeling, then it's useless against anyone else

We have no idea about that since no forcefield has been tested. They have been present but never actually tested. And no the changelings breaking into Canterlot doesn't count

Why does that not count? They broke it by headbutting it repeatedly. Shining Armor wasn't reinforcing the shield, granted, but it was still there

i hardly think that beings like Alicorns or Discord would fail to survive

The same alicorns who were knocked on their ass by a blast that could barely destroy stone?

Hell Discord would just flip his fingers and wear shades avoiding everything.

The same Discord who shat himself when he saw a Tatzlworm and was bed ridden after getting sneezed on?

OT: Equestria is screwed unless the Elements can block it, which is very possible

Edited by Evil Dragon Master

@,

Why does that not count? They broke it by headbutting it repeatedly. Shining Armor wasn't reinforcing the shield, granted, but it was still there
Because it was sabotage... the shield was already weakened by a lot. 

The same alicorns who were knocked on their ass by a blast that could barely destroy stone?
Which episode exactly? Also... the same alicorns that beat Discord the first time, imprisoned other villains, destroyed others and clearly by the mentionings of the last episode there are MANY who they trumped. They are not to be trifled with.

The same Discord who shat himself when he saw a Tatzlworm and was bed ridden after getting sneezed on?
The fuck is that? The strange plant thingie? Oh well he got sick... not saying they are invincible but they definately have potential on withstanding a nuke.

OT: Equestria is screwed unless the Elements can block it, which is very possible
The elements have never been shown of having "Blocking" capabilities.

Until they get sick from radiation. Mind you, Discord, someone much more powerful than the princesses, was able to get sick just like anyone else, radiation should work just fine
Mind you also that there are spells, potions, cures and countless other methods of advanced magical medicine that could counter some of the consequences if not erase them completely.

And that's why I said to each their own as its clear you think the ponies will survive in this scenario. Its all about being part of the conversation and participating in this thread which makes it that much more interesting.
A conversation should always lead to something... you should have in mind that some kind of debate or exchange of opinions will happen. Unless you are open minded on that you will fail at this conversation.

Fallout has shown that some can survive. They wouldn't be in main places but they would certainly be in mountains, underground places, e.t.c. Also unfortunately for your scenario nothing was mentioned about changelings. *EVIL MANIACAL LAUGHTER* TIME FOR CHANGELING WORLD DOMINATION HUMANS! GET F@CKED!

Because it was sabotage... the shield was already weakened by a lot. 

He had still fed it power just a day earlier, it can't have been that weak

Which episode exactly? Also... the same alicorns that beat Discord the first time, imprisoned other villains, destroyed others and clearly by the mentionings of the last episode there are MANY who they trumped. They are not to be trifled with.

In Princess Twilight, NMM's blasts were barely capable of destroying stone yet they koed Celestia

The fuck is that? The strange plant thingie? Oh well he got sick... not saying they are invincible but they definately have potential on withstanding a nuke.

The giant worm, yeah. And radiation would kill them

They're Deus Ex Machina incarnate, they might be able to :P

Mind you also that there are spells, potions, cures and countless other methods of advanced magical medicine that could counter some of the consequences if not erase them completely.

The same medicine that is so lame that Feather Flu can spread and cripple fliers?

Fallout has shown that some can survive. They wouldn't be in main places but they would certainly be in mountains, underground places, e.t.c. Also unfortunately for your scenario nothing was mentioned about changelings. *EVIL MANIACAL LAUGHTER* TIME FOR CHANGELING WORLD DOMINATION HUMANS! GET F@CKED!

TBH, I think Chrysalis would rather conquer Equestria first. She seems the type to hold a grudge and would probably want to take on the weaker foe. Hell, she might even ally with the humans for taking down Equestria 

(edited)

@,Because it was sabotage... the shield was already weakened by a lot. Which episode exactly? Also... the same alicorns that beat Discord the first time, imprisoned other villains, destroyed others and clearly by the mentionings of the last episode there are MANY who they trumped. They are not to be trifled with.

A conversation should always lead to something... you should have in mind that some kind of debate or exchange of opinions will happen. Unless you are open minded on that you will fail at this conversation.

I don't mind seeing you guys debate I just gonna stay out of it here and let you guys take care of it in the first place. My decision has been made after seeing similar threads and baseing what I have seen in the show.

It seems like you and Evil Dragon Master are having the debate you have been looking for along with some other users.

Edited by GXPBlast

TBH, I think Chrysalis would rather conquer Equestria first. She seems the type to hold a grudge and would probably want to take on the weaker foe. Hell, she might even ally with the humans for taking down Equestria 
She would first take on Equestria... THEN the humans. Or maybe the ponies would even serve her for a chance of survival. Or maybe she would even help them for the love they have as to have reserves.

The same medicine that is so lame that Feather Flu can spread and cripple fliers?
I don't understand shit.

They're Deus Ex Machina incarnate, they might be able to
Yea... that's why they are so LAME.

The giant worm, yeah. And radiation would kill them
Not if they found a place to hide from the radiation.

In Princess Twilight, NMM's blasts were barely capable of destroying stone yet they koed Celestia
Two words... Dissproportionate power. Meaning different levels of power blasts. Also... different kind of stone... perhaps engineered to withstand siege from enemies?

He had still fed it power just a day earlier, it can't have been that weak
That would matter little to none if Chrysalis was draining him thus draining the forcefield.

I don't mind seeing you guys debate I just gonna stay out of it here and let you guys take care of it in the first place. My decision has been made after seeing similar threads and baseing what I have seen in the show.

It seems like you and Evil Dragon Master are having the debate you have been looking for along with some other users.

I am... dissapointed... more likely due to the fact that you seem to... not like debates concerning show canon or perhaps from the encounters you have had with people. I only hope things get better.

In either case people have survived from nukes before whether there were cancer, leuchemia, mutations, or otherwise, that's another issue... But complete anihhilation is not possible. Equestria is not the only species out there... there are others... The humans would have to clearly nuke THE WHOLE PLANET. Now don't get me wrong in our current state we humans are more than capable of that but i doubt we have enough nuclear material to make something like that completely anihhilating everything. It'd take ages to do something like that and if ponies were aware to humans, embassies made and stuff or ponies roaming in human society... Somehow, someone, somewhere would take notice to such a thing. Hell all the anti-war, anti-nuclear, anti-whatever organisations would notice this and likely warn the ponies. Not to mention that no single nation can provide such an amount of nukes. That would mean they would have to unite as one nation and that is simply out of the question for a LONG LONG LONG time. Imo it's impossible... to unite all humans i mean.

She would first take on Equestria... THEN the humans. Or maybe the ponies would even serve her for a chance of survival. Or maybe she would even help them for the love they have as to have reserves.

What would be better, keeping a kingdom all to yourself with no problems, or taking on the kingdom that just destroyed the kingdom that kicked your ass? Besides, Changelings are weak anyway, save Chrysalis, they were koed by tripping

Not if they found a place to hide from the radiation.

Like where? The OP said it was basically going to glass Equestria

Two words... Dissproportionate power. Meaning different levels of power blasts. Also... different kind of stone... perhaps engineered to withstand siege from enemies?

Why would Nightmare Moon be holding back? Her face is serious and she is in for the kill. And as for being engineered for war, Spike, a baby dragon, melted right through a lock in the same castle

In either case people have survived from nukes before whether there were cancer, leuchemia, mutations, or otherwise, that's another issue... But complete anihhilation is not possible. Equestria is not the only species out there... there are others... The humans would have to clearly nuke THE WHOLE PLANET. Now don't get me wrong in our current state we humans are more than capable of that but i doubt we have enough nuclear material to make something like that completely anihhilating everything. It'd take ages to do something like that and if ponies were aware to humans, embassies made and stuff or ponies roaming in human society... Somehow, someone, somewhere would take notice to such a thing. Hell all the anti-war, anti-nuclear, anti-whatever organisations would notice this and likely warn the ponies. Not to mention that no single nation can provide such an amount of nukes. That would mean they would have to unite as one nation and that is simply out of the question for a LONG LONG LONG time. Imo it's impossible... to unite all humans i mean.

OP has a grudge against ponies since he's butthurt that they can beat DBZ 

What would be better, keeping a kingdom all to yourself with no problems, or taking on the kingdom that just destroyed the kingdom that kicked your ass? Besides, Changelings are weak anyway, save Chrysalis, they were koed by tripping
I said... they might do this to help their own self preservation... and besides i said they would be going out for both. Last but not least that was a blown out of proportion way to show that Fluttershy is not useless in fights. I do not wish to discuss this further... i am tottaly annoyed by the fact that the show tends to blow things out of proportion to show a message or be funny.

Like where? The OP said it was basically going to glass Equestria
1)Sea... Sea Ponies, 2)Underground, 3)Mountain caves, 4)They could just teleport away.

Why would Nightmare Moon be holding back? Her face is serious and she is in for the kill. And as for being engineered for war, Spike, a baby dragon, melted right through a lock in the same castle
They are most certainly not weak as to control and move Celestial bodies. 

I said... they might do this to help their own self preservation... and besides i said they would be going out for both. Last but not least that was a blown out of proportion way to show that Fluttershy is not useless in fights. I do not wish to discuss this further... i am tottaly annoyed by the fact that the show tends to blow things out of proportion to show a message or be funny.

Lol, that's not how it works. The Changelings have shown themselves to be weak as Hell, getting taken down by civilians even when in a horde. It's only PIS if it is contradicted by stats or common showings, but it's not

1)Sea... Sea Ponies, 2)Underground, 3)Mountain caves, 4)They could just teleport away.

I was unaware ponies could breathe underwater, teleportation isn't precise, they could end up teleporting into the ground, same problem as before

They are most certainly not weak as to control and move Celestial bodies. 

But are weak enough that they require guards with spears. Really, they only beat DBZ because DBZ characters are idiots 

Lol, that's not how it works. The Changelings have shown themselves to be weak as Hell, getting taken down by civilians even when in a horde. It's only PIS if it is contradicted by stats or common showings, but it's not
The video of Octavia doesnt count.

I was unaware ponies could breathe underwater
"Magic".

they could end up teleporting into the ground
Only if they're stupid.

But are weak enough that they require guards with spears.
They are simply for decorative purposes... i doubt they've seen more action that the Princesses have.

Really, they only beat DBZ because DBZ characters are idiots
DBZ sucks and is massively boring after a point. I have seen many DBZ movies and all i can say is this... most of them have little to no storyline and the action doesn't make me even flinch. I don't like them. 

And the plane exploded in a giant fireball and everybody died
Except for me
You know why?

'Cause I had my tray table up
And my seat back in the full upright position
Had my tray table up
Had my tray table up

-----------------------------------------------

Now being serious: Probably Everyone because I'm pretty sure the princesses are immortal plus they know how to travel through time and could prevent it

Celestia wants to develop The MANEHATTAN PROJECT.

You cannot research this technology. You require:

>Advanced Reaction Theory

>Abstract Theoretical Chemistry

Requires:

>>Radioactivity

Requires:

>>>Atomic Theory (Requires Uranium)

>>>High Energy Reaction Analysis (Requires Silver)

>>>Performance Electronics (Requires Aluminum)

Requires:

>>>>Chemistry (You have already researched this technology)

>>>>Applied Mechanics

>>>>Theoretical Physics

>>>>Electricity (You have already researched this technology)

They would survive... if they're overpowered mary sues from fan fictions.

I don't think Humanity would have any reason to nuke Equestria, especially if the Ponies were peaceful. And if we did nuke them, many Human supporters of the Ponies and Ponies living on Earth would be very angry. 

The Conversion Bureau however, while I may not entirely agree with it but Humanity as a last resort may destroy Equestria with nukes. The Conversion Bureau Ponies did really ask for it though, with trying to turn all Humans into Ponies. 

(edited)

They would survive... if they're overpowered mary sues from fan fictions.

Exactly my point, in the fanfictions they have powers never before seen in the show and are God Like.

But in the cannon MLP universe it does not even come close nor would Hasbro allow that kind of violent stuff be allowed.

I have already based my decision based on the many threads I have read between multiple users and what I have seen what the ponies have been capable of in terms of facing destruction and its not going to change except in uncannon fanfics which MLP show to have but wont have due to the restrictions of the network it is on.

I am not here to debate you guys as it would just go back and forth. Instead I enjoy reading your guys responses whether its similar to my opinion or not. I let you guys take care of that bet and by the looks of the thread so for, its getting really awesome in terms of what you guys have to say.

Edited by GXPBlast

The video of Octavia doesnt count.

The Mane 6

"Magic".

Magic has rules, otherwise, Twilight could just teleport combo Garble into a rock

Only if they're stupid.

Twilight was unable to teleport out of the crystal caves, yeah

They are simply for decorative purposes... i doubt they've seen more action that the Princesses have.

Proof?

DBZ sucks and is massively boring after a point. I have seen many DBZ movies and all i can say is this... most of them have little to no storyline and the action doesn't make me even flinch. I don't like them. 

I personally love DBZ but the movies suck in general, yes 

The Mane 6
Eventually overwhelmed and temporary victory.

Magic has rules, otherwise, Twilight could just teleport combo Garble into a rock
What?

Twilight was unable to teleport out of the crystal caves, yeah
Two words "Teleportation Inhibitors" aka Hogwarts.

Proof?
Have they actually done something in the show? Besides charge at NMM?

Eventually overwhelmed and temporary victory.

Even so, conservative estimates put a 7:1 ratio. It's probably more in all honesty since Changelings swarm their foes

What?

Magic isn't a macguffin

Two words "Teleportation Inhibitors" aka Hogwarts.

Twilight was able to teleport onto another ledge with Cadence, clearly, she prefers line of sight or being familiar with territory like Ponyville

Have they actually done something in the show? Besides charge at NMM?

Nope, not much. Even so, do you think Celestia in particular would enjoy guards if she doesn't need them? 

(edited)
Nope, not much. Even so, do you think Celestia in particular would enjoy guards if she doesn't need them? 

She doesn't have to enjoy them... maybe she's keeping them to keep the lower parts of the country in order. She doesn't have to need them personally.

Twilight was able to teleport onto another ledge with Cadence, clearly, she prefers line of sight or being familiar with territory like Ponyville

Nothing stops them from teleporting away in any case.

Magic isn't a macguffin

The fuck is a macguffin? Also magic is indeed sometimes a deus ex machina. So... yea whatever...

Even so, conservative estimates put a 7:1 ratio. It's probably more in all honesty since Changelings swarm their foes

Numbers don't matter if you can't use them. In any case there are many factors to this. Whatever i don't need to analyze it. In any case changelings could adapt infltrate and destroy nations from within and humans would be no different. Just give it time.

Edited by nioniosbbbb

She doesn't have to enjoy them... maybe she's keeping them to keep the lower parts of the country in order. She doesn't have to need them personally.

Then why are they always flanking her?

Nothing stops them from teleporting away in any case.

And a single misstep means they teleport into a tree and die

The fuck is a macguffin? Also magic is indeed sometimes a deus ex machina. So... yea whatever.

Not always, otherwise dragons wouldn't be so feared

And a single misstep means they teleport into a tree and die
That's not possible... you can't teleport INTO a tree. 

Not always, otherwise dragons wouldn't be so feared
Spike isn't... and they are not feared they are just not that well known.

Then why are they always flanking her?
They what? Maybe high sense of loyalty to Jesus-Celestia? 

That's not possible... you can't teleport INTO a tree. 

They could, it's just that they'd splat by doing that

Spike isn't... and they are not feared they are just not that well known.

Really? So tell me why Pinkie, one of the braver ponies, says dragons are terrifying and all the ponies were shitting themselves against Basil?

They what? Maybe high sense of loyalty to Jesus-Celestia? 

Celestia would dismiss them, you know she's nice enough to if they don't need to 

(edited)

Probably Everyone because I'm pretty sure the princesses are immortal

Don't think the princesses are innvincable. Sure they could be immortal but they could still die from enough physical harm. It's kind of like vampires are immortal until they are exposed to sunlight or stabbed in the heart.

Edited by GXPBlast

They could, it's just that they'd splat by doing that
That's your headcanon bro... doesn't mean it's canon in the show. Hasn't been shown to.

Really? So tell me why Pinkie, one of the braver ponies, says dragons are terrifying and all the ponies were shitting themselves against Basil?
Pinkie Pie is also one of the ponies that tends to blow everything out of proportion. If you want a compromise they don't fear them so much because of their power they fear them because they don't know them.

Celestia would dismiss them, you know she's nice enough to if they don't need to 
Nice enough to if they don't need to? You mean nice enough to do so if they don't need to? Regardless they might not worship her but figuring they are more like sentries rather than actual guards. 

That's your headcanon bro... doesn't mean it's canon in the show. Hasn't been shown to.

What do you think would happen if you teleported into something solid?

Pinkie Pie is also one of the ponies that tends to blow everything out of proportion. If you want a compromise they don't fear them so much because of their power they fear them because they don't know them.

Even so, Spike was tearing up Ponyville and Twilight was helpless before him

Nice enough to if they don't need to? You mean nice enough to do so if they don't need to? Regardless they might not worship her but figuring they are more like sentries rather than actual guards. 

No proof either way, let's drop it