Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nuclear Weapons Are Detonated In Equestria

GXPBlast

(edited)

I think he'd live the blast, and any after effects, and possably be the only one who could. Not saying he'd be unphased by it, but I think he'd live.

And yet all the Alicorns, twilight and her rainbow powered friends would die from the blast lol.

It took twilight and her rainbow powered friends to defeat Tirek while he imprisoned Discord in a bubble.

But I think you had a good explanation and respect your opinion.

Although I don't think discord can survive a direct hit by megatons range nukes if it successfully is detonated.

But to each their own.

Edited by GXPBlast

And yet all the Alicorns, twilight and her rainbow powered friends would die from the blast lol.

It took twilight and her rainbow powered friends to defeat Tirek while he imprisoned Discord in a bubble.

But I think you had a good explanation and respect your opinion.

Although I don't think discord can survive a direct hit by megatons range nukes if it successfully is detonated.

But to each their own.

For the last time, a damn nuke, is not on the same scale, level, or physics as magic. You're trying to compare science and magic, and they don't mix. Discord would survive, because of how his being is, the alicorns and other ponies arn't the same, and would still die. The alicorns COULD survive the blast, but they'd die from the aftermath.

(edited)

Question. When it comes to magic vs technology who do you think wins or is more destructive?

A combination of both. As some magic in other series is pretty damn powerful such as in MK or the Marvel Universe.

While there is some technology in terms of Sci -Fi and even is speculated by scientists that some advanced civilizations can harness the power of sons, and even galaxies with little to no effort whole being able to destroy planets in the process with anti-matter weapons. 

For the last time, a damn nuke, is not on the same scale, level, or physics as magic. You're trying to compare science and magic, and they don't mix. Discord would survive, because of how his being is, the alicorns and other ponies arn't the same, and would still die. The alicorns COULD survive the blast, but they'd die from the aftermath.

Alright so to end this confusion between some me, some other users and you your saying the Alicorns could be vaporized by the blast or survive the initial blast while dying by radiation poisoning  while Discord survives no matter what?

Edited by GXPBlast

Alright so to end this confusion between some me, some other users and you your saying the Alicorns could be vaporized by the blast or survive the initial blast while dying by radiation poisoning  while Discord survives no matter what?

With how radiation poisening works, yes Discord could survive it, where as the alicorns wouldn't. He can alter his cellular structure, so radiation poisening really wouldn't be more then an inconvienence to him. I doubt the alicorns could heal that level of poisening, since they don't have anything close to causing something along the same lines.

I dunno why anti-mater weapons are even brought up, when even a photon torpedo would make a nuke blast look like a hand gernade.

(edited)

With how radiation poisening works, yes Discord could survive it, where as the alicorns wouldn't. He can alter his cellular structure, so radiation poisening really wouldn't be more then an inconvienence to him. I doubt the alicorns could heal that level of poisening, since they don't have anything close to causing something along the same lines.

I dunno why anti-mater weapons are even brought up, when even a photon torpedo would make a nuke blast look like a hand gernade.

Alrighty dude, again good explanations even if I fully dont agree with you, but like me I am sure others would debate you on that claim especially @Evil Dragon Master, as he seems to be big skeptic of Discord.

Edited by GXPBlast

@@GXPBlast,I think you're expecting far too many nukes to fall in at the same time. First things first... as far as i know nukes have a bigger radiation radius than their blast radius. Which means that to be killed just by the blast radius there would have to be a gajjilion of nukes. To the point of hundreds maybe to a few thousands to encompass every surface of the planet. This is unlikely to get un-noticed and would most certainly create commotion whatever the ponies would be distracted from... Means of protection in the Mlpverse exist and as much as a blast from a nuke might be powerfull it would mean next to nothing if teleportation and pegasi were used to stop them from falling. Sure some of them might be fakes but that would cause even more fuss and draw even more attention to the event. 

Oh there will be deaths but most likely many of the nukes will be stopped. There will be radiation poisoning but when you have magic on your side getting rid of radiation is easier than it sounds. There might be some sick, maybe even some dead... maybe one of the Princesses will die but most likely by trying to save her friends. Knowing how much power magic can exert even in the MLPverse it is unlikely everyone would just perish... there is power and considerable one if you count that 2 of the alicorns can move Celestial objects and there is a Lord of Chaos that can litteraly change landscape over Equestria. Even with distractions it is unlikely they wouldn't notice it... even let's say at the last minute. All it would take is some telekinesis to keep them from falling. Plus barriers could hold out the rest.

An interesting though is that wedigos could very well swoop in or be used to cool down the heat from the initial blasts.

A scenario with radiation killing everyone rather than the blasts alone would require far less nukes but still considerably many. It would still get noticed and it would only take a moment to notice the pattern that is planet-wide meaning which would also be noticed in the other scenario. Likely the ponies would already be aware of the destructive power of the humans and their feeling of being threatened by them. They would already know of the bombs they posses but maybe not of this wave of bombs being launched. But as i might have said before... the production of the bombs would most likely be noticeable... and it would take A LONG TIME to produce them giving time for someone to notice them. But regardless... even in this scenario Radiation sure is not an instant killer. It would give time for some of the ponies to perhaps find a way to deal with it. There would still be dead, maybe some Princesses would die as well but not everyone would die again. There would definately be more survivors than scenario A i demonstrated. 

I bet that if the mane 6, princesses, and discord were in the same room, all the princesses (and probably rarity if she had to) would make a giant force field around them so that if everyone else died, they could rebuild the kingdom. But in the event of bombing, wouldn't they literally have to bomb the ENTIRE country?

Yea... may i remind you what Rainbow Dash can do with the Sonic Rainboom? The Rainbow Nuke he shot at Lesson Zero? Or how about the huge blast that blew all the changelings away? For heaven's sake it's magic we're talking about... Very unlikely and you're filling this scenario with far more "What if?s" than you should. There should be one what if... not many.  We have no idea about that since no forcefield has been tested. They have been present but never actually tested. And no the changelings breaking into Canterlot doesn't count. I suppose Sombra could count a bit... but anyways... i hardly think that beings like Alicorns or Discord would fail to survive. Hell Discord would just flip his fingers and wear shades avoiding everything. As i said... the love-blast might have been changeling specific but the power is still there. They have faced though the wedigos which are continent destroyers. Figure they can put all of Equestria into Ice within a day or two if left unchecked.  

The power of the nukes is clear... the immediate death count would be great. Twilight, Cadence, Discord, Luna, Celestia having power of "Magic", "Love", "Chaos", "The moon", "The sun" would definately survive because the power of those things as a whole are vastly superior to a chemical reaction like that. All they have to do is hang on long enough for Discord to snap his fingers and start making things with him back to normal. Regardless this scenario has a body count big enough. Surely they wouldn't be military worthy at once but if they dealt with this quickly enough they would even go to the offensive. Then you're fucked... royally.

Ponies go on the offensive with the few hundred left from huge nuclear strikes, meet tanks, planes, submarines, artillery, AA missiles, assault rifles etc etc

Sorry, but magic, from what we have seen from the show, unless very highly concentrated ( tirek, twilight, cadence and shining armour etc)

Is not powerful enough to protect them from our levels of weaponry, humanity is far too versed in destruction to lose in that type of battle.

( not to mention that equestrian magic may stop working if they leave equestria, and attack earth)

• Brohoof 1

( not to mention that equestrian magic may stop working if they leave equestria, and attack earth)
That is your headcanon... doesn't mean that magic is Equestria based. Also despite the ponies not being well versed in destruction they are not without their own wars, battles, and violence. Creatures like Cerberus exist and Hydras and more... if those were controlled by ponies which is mighty possible... they might just be able to fight back. Besides magic is by far more powerful than technology. Mastering the power of magic to move the sun and the moon? This is clearly more powerful than a nuke. 

(edited)

Celestia wants to develop The MANEHATTAN PROJECT.

You cannot research this technology. You require:

>Advanced Reaction Theory

>Abstract Theoretical Chemistry

Requires:

>>Radioactivity

Requires:

>>>Atomic Theory (Requires Uranium)

>>>High Energy Reaction Analysis (Requires Silver)

>>>Performance Electronics (Requires Aluminum)

Requires:

>>>>Chemistry (You have already researched this technology)

>>>>Applied Mechanics

>>>>Theoretical Physics

>>>>Electricity (You have already researched this technology)

This is quite a funny post lol.

Edited by GXPBlast

That is your headcanon... doesn't mean that magic is Equestria based. 

True, but in this universe, what Equestrian magic does (creating energy or matter essentially out of nothing) would violate basic laws of physics like the conservation of matter and energy.  Discord, in particular, seems to be able to create pretty much anything at will.  The fundamental laws of nature differ in other ways, too, such as, for instance, that there is no such thing as "raising the sun and moon" in our universe, because we actually orbit them.  In Equestria, these are objects that can be controlled.

Similarly, the weather control abilities of pegasi shouldn't work here.  Even earth ponies, by their mere presence, cause plants to grow faster.

So if Equestrian magic worked here, it would have to be able to violate the laws of physics in this universe.

Conversely, laws like the conservation of matter and energy are exactly why something like a nuclear bomb works.  The process of fission essentially converts a small amount of matter (or specifically the binding energy holding together nuclei) into energy.  If there's no mass-energy equivalence, there's no reason for that to work in Equestria.

Some things seem to work the same, or at least on the surface.  There seems to be flame and candles work, for instance.  But perhaps they work on phlogiston or something that doesn't exist here.

(My post reminds me of the MST3K theme song, the part that goes 

If you're wondering how he eats and breathes.

And other science facts,

Just repeat to yourself "It's just a show,

I should really just relax."

But I find it fun to try to justify these things.)

But what if magic didn't defy the laws of physics? There are many trace elements in our world that we can convert to; if say, unicorns and other races live in an environment or area where "magic" elements are more abundant, it's possible to forcibly reconstruct molecules to turn it into something else. Maybe their horns are capable of nuclear fusion and fission?

Obviously, "changing" material is impossible with technology today, though we do use reactions to our favor...

*GASP* Fallout Equestria!!! Excpet not really because it was humans that did it but STILL...

Hey, that's what I told them...

And you forgot about the zebras.

• Brohoof 1

True, but in this universe, what Equestrian magic does (creating energy or matter essentially out of nothing) would violate basic laws of physics like the conservation of matter and energy.
That is your definition of magic. Magic is sometimes considered as "magic" because simply you are not advanced enough to comprehend it. Magic most of the time is simply manipulation of energies you cannot see. Summoning things out of thin air like food is impossible... even Harry Potter sets that rule.

Discord, in particular, seems to be able to create pretty much anything at will.
He doesn't "create" per say he might simply be calling them from somewhere or shaping them using his energy.

The fundamental laws of nature differ in other ways, too, such as, for instance, that there is no such thing as "raising the sun and moon" in our universe, because we actually orbit them.  In Equestria, these are objects that can be controlled.
They may not exactly be controllable per say but simply directed. Not every planet has to orbit around it's sun... the pattern you see may indeed be controlled by someone to preserve the balance.

Similarly, the weather control abilities of pegasi shouldn't work here.
This doesn't mean that weather doesn't work on it's own in Equestria. It means that Pegasi have that ability in them. That is all. Their ability while not exactly specified is not categorized as magic as we saw in the last episode.

Even earth ponies, by their mere presence, cause plants to grow faster.
That has never been mentioned anywhere... it has been mentioned though that Earth Ponies tend the land... that is all.

So if Equestrian magic worked here, it would have to be able to violate the laws of physics in this universe.
As i said above... you define magic wrongly and thus magic could indeed work.

Conversely, laws like the conservation of matter and energy are exactly why something like a nuclear bomb works.  The process of fission essentially converts a small amount of matter (or specifically the binding energy holding together nuclei) into energy.  If there's no mass-energy equivalence, there's no reason for that to work in Equestria.
So because there is magic technology and bombs can't exist? I think you will see that technology does indeed work in Equestria and we have seen so... again what you consider magic may simply be highly advanced technology.

Some things seem to work the same, or at least on the surface.  There seems to be flame and candles work, for instance.  But perhaps they work on phlogiston or something that doesn't exist here.
That's your headcanon and it's an absurd one at that.

That is your definition of magic. Magic is sometimes considered as "magic" because simply you are not advanced enough to comprehend it. Magic most of the time is simply manipulation of energies you cannot see. Summoning things out of thin air like food is impossible... even Harry Potter sets that rule. He doesn't "create" per say he might simply be calling them from somewhere or shaping them using his energy. They may not exactly be controllable per say but simply directed. Not every planet has to orbit around it's sun... the pattern you see may indeed be controlled by someone to preserve the balance.This doesn't mean that weather doesn't work on it's own in Equestria. It means that Pegasi have that ability in them. That is all.

Lime I said, magic could possibly be something like "Full Metal Alchemist", like turning pure carbon into diamonds or using blood to create iron. Maybe their horns are literally particle accelerators.

But I find it fun to try to justify these things.)

Many people have their own headcannons for every show not only MLP especially if they are very attached to the characters themselves despite never being seen in said show. That's why I love reading fanfictions and threads like these. If MLP was bought by Marvel and made into a movie these ponies would be freaking insanely powerful at least compared to the show itself and of course would allow things not safe for the HUB being kids oriented network.

@,Alchemy at first had one purpose... to turn other materials to gold. It succeeded in a way to create chemistry. From "magic" we went to "science". Why? Because we adequately explained how the magic works that it no longer was considered magic but became science. 

@,

Magic isn't going to cure radiation poisening, at least not easy enough to save their lives. No character in the show has shown any ability to remove poisen from anyone, except for Zecora. Unless they kept her alive, they're pretty much all dead (save Discord). And even, for some reason, they DID survive, like I said before, only 12 nukes can ruin Earth, so its safe to say that 12 or so could make Equestria a frozen wasteland.

(edited)

@,

Magic isn't going to cure radiation poisening, at least not easy enough to save their lives. No character in the show has shown any ability to remove poisen from anyone, except for Zecora. Unless they kept her alive, they're pretty much all dead (save Discord). And even, for some reason, they DID survive, like I said before, only 12 nukes can ruin Earth, so its safe to say that 12 or so could make Equestria a frozen wasteland.

That's if they are not vaporized in the initial blast first which is unlikely being a warhead detonating directly over them in the higher megatons range would take care of them. But for whatever unlikly reason they somehow survive a direct blast they then they would have to deal with radiation poisoning as you said. Edited by GXPBlast

@@Zhortac,There exist doctors for sure and i bet Celestia doesn't have just Twilight to cure ponies and certainly Zecora is not the only healer. While magic isn't omnipotent it is potent enough to save them. However... You are assuming that Equestria is a planet similar size to the Earth... thats simply an assumption. Also don't judge it's size by the size of the Equestrian country of what you have seen right now... Regardless i doubt even that many would go un-noticed... and certainly the planes carrying them would be aware. Not sure if you know but there are pegasi and surely there exist Equestrian Flight Space Regulations and stuff. Suggesting that Pegasi are sent to deal with them i bet they wouldn't hesitate to take the planes down if proven un-co-operative or dangerous. Ponies might not be well versed to destruction but they are certainly not stupid.

@,

I know, but they'd have to survive, and since no one there would know about radiation poisoning, I doubt they'd try to keep the medical ponies alive, or go out of their way to round them all up. Celestia and Twilight haven't shown healing magic either. As for the pegasi stopping the planes, they'd have escorts, and if they were just going for planetary destruction, it wouldn't matter where the nukes landed.

As for size, yes I'm estimating Equestira is about Earth's size. Even if it were bigger, it would take about 15-20 to do the job for a planet the size of Jupiter.

(edited)
I doubt they'd try to keep the medical ponies alive, or go out of their way to round them all up.

Why the hell wouldn't they? THEY'D ALL BE SICK!!!

As for the pegasi stopping the planes, they'd have escorts, and if they were just going for planetary destruction, it wouldn't matter where the nukes landed.

Well if they were stopped surely the Princesses would then intervene... It would prove enough of a threat to use magic and offensive magic at that. And even if they wouldn't intervene they would provide awareness to their hostility enough to make some kind of preparations or countermeasures.

I know, but they'd have to survive, and since no one there would know about radiation poisoning,

True true but there have been other cases of poisoning and dark magic seeping eveywhere does resemble in a way the effects of radiation.

Suggesting by now that since the two species know each other each would be paranoid enough to make countermeasures or preparations for the protection against the other. I doubt Celestia would just sit there idly not taking any precaution knowing the destructive nature of the humans.

Edited by nioniosbbbb

(edited)

@,

I know, but they'd have to survive, and since no one there would know about radiation poisoning, I doubt they'd try to keep the medical ponies alive, or go out of their way to round them all up. Celestia and Twilight haven't shown healing magic either. As for the pegasi stopping the planes, they'd have escorts, and if they were just going for planetary destruction, it wouldn't matter where the nukes landed.

As for size, yes I'm estimating Equestira is about Earth's size. Even if it were bigger, it would take about 15-20 to do the job for a planet the size of Jupiter.

Well the planes dont have to be just those gient vulnerable if not escorted B52 bombers. F22s and F35s for example can fire off nuclear tipped missiles from safe distances. There are some newer missiles the air force has developed that are hypersonic going over mach 20. But either way it would really be cool to see pagasi or alicorns and a squdran of heavily armed f22s and f35s in battle. Edited by GXPBlast