Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Won't My Banner Work in My Sig?

Cassafrass

I've been trying to get it to work forever but it won't! Am I doing something wrong, or is something messed up with the banner itself? (I made it myself...)

Thanks. :)

@, the image needs to be 600x100 or under for it to work in your signature, unless you donate, the nits 600x200. See if you can change the size and insert it again. Hopefully it will work for you, but if for some reason it doesn't, go ahead and respond here again and we'll see if we can assist you further.

• Brohoof 1

I am trying to upload this photo:

EDIT: It wouldn't let me upload the photo. Sorry about that. >.>

But it shouldn't be so big! It is supposed to be 180x150. Why is it so big when I use the copy paste method? (when you click the "image" button and copy the url into it)? Am I supposed to be doing something else... or is it the banner itself? This is weird and frustrating. >.<

• Brohoof 1

It is very possible you are trying to upload the image from the link to the page and not the actual address of the photo. For instance when you right click the photo it will show something like "copy image address" where it will choose the image and the link will have a photo extension such as png.

• Brohoof 2

@

I am trying to upload this photo:

EDIT: It wouldn't let me upload the photo. Sorry about that. >.>

But it shouldn't be so big! It is supposed to be 180x150. Why is it so big when I use the copy paste method? (when you click the "image" button and copy the url into it)? Am I supposed to be doing something else... or is it the banner itself? This is weird and frustrating. >.<

It may not be working due to the fact that it is 180x150. The maximum height of your signature image can only be 100 (unless you subscribe or donate, then it can be 200) yet the height of your image is 150.

It is very possible you are trying to upload the image from the link to the page and not the actual address of the photo. For instance when you right click the photo it will show something like "copy image address" where it will choose the image and the link will have a photo extension such as png.

This could very well be what is happening as well. The code that would make an image display would look similar to the following, not including the [ code ] tags I use here to prevent this code from executing:

[img=http://i.imgur.com/6hmOKZR.png]
  • Brohoof 2

I made it using this site called Foto.com (or something like that). :/ Hm, that could be very well right... maybe I should just give up with it and get a custom one made by somepony or something. Thanks for helping guys. :) Oh, and I didn't use a Photo hosting site for this... I just downloaded it as a jpg file (I think...)

Sorry, I'm not great with this stuff (but I'm only fourteen so...) lol ^^;

• Brohoof 1

I made it using this site called Foto.com (or something like that). :/ Hm, that could be very well right... maybe I should just give up with it and get a custom one made by somepony or something. Thanks for helping guys. :) Oh, and I didn't use a Photo hosting site for this... I just downloaded it as a jpg file (I think...)

Sorry, I'm not great with this stuff (but I'm only fourteen so...) lol ^^;

The issue here is not in what manner the image is created, but rather how to place an image in your signature.

Whichever image you choose, once it is uploaded to the internet (or if it is already on the internet) you should right click it. Then, in the menu that appears, click something that should say something along the lines of "copy image URL" or "copy image link." Then, add that to your signature using the img code. This would look similar to the example in my earlier post.

Alternatively, you could click the image button 5a6da6255e.png, paste the image link (by right clicking and clicking paste) and then clicking the OK button. It would look similar to this (although the link would be different):

6757c7654b.png

• Brohoof 2

Seems the member has sorted it out. Going to lock this thread now.
Have a great day !