Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Guess whose going to sing!? (Spoiler)

Zekromic

a tweet from the Latin American voice actress of Sunset Shimmer, Circe Luna (also know by said region for roles as Cindy Vortex, Sora, and Pan, from Jimmy Neutron, Digimon Adventures, and Dragonball respectively), claims that Sunset Shimmer showed up with a cute song she sang. A dude called Martin twitted the translation, and it's 100% legit as an hispanic myself 

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/05/sunset-shimmer-to-return-to-eqg-with.html

• Brohoof 2

Well now.......I wonder what's Sunset Shimmer is gonna sound like b/c Rebecca's is the singing voice of Twilight and if she sings as Sunset Shimmer, it would be odd in a way.  Yet, I'm glad to hear that she's gonna sing.   Nice, :)

I wonder what she'll sing about?

Probably a song, about her being a badass and center of attention, as she did in the first film.  Then again, I think she'll be more of a support character rather than an antagonist.  If she does, then wouldn't surprise me if she is the lead of a rival band.  

• Brohoof 1

@,

I kinda agree with you. Even though Shimmer was redeemed at the end of the 1st movie, it doesn't mean that jealousy can fill her heart and turn her back into the terror princess she was around the school.  

@,

I kinda agree with you. Even though Shimmer was redeemed at the end of the 1st movie, it doesn't mean that jealousy can fill her heart and turn her back into the terror princess she was around the school.  

Yeah.  Hopefully she doesn't go through that again.  Instead, it would be really cool if she somewhat "evolved", giving her longer hair, like the Mane 6 appear on Stage, with Wings, longer hair/tail  

Yeah.  Hopefully she doesn't go through that again.  Instead, it would be really cool if she somewhat "evolved", giving her longer hair, like the Mane 6 appear on Stage, with Wings, longer hair/tail  

That would be cool. Better yet, it would be awesome if Shimmer actually played with the mane 6 and she wasn't part of the rival band. 

• Brohoof 1

That would be cool. Better yet, it would be awesome if Shimmer actually played with the mane 6 and she wasn't part of the rival band. 

Singing.......with the Mane 6.  Now that would be something, Twilight and Sunset singing would be 20% cooler, tbh. 

You know, I forgot to mention, since Rebecca will be singing as Sunset Shimmer, it would be a major surprise if Tara steps in to sing as Twilight only for this one time. 

Singing.......with the Mane 6.  Now that would be something, Twilight and Sunset singing would be 20% cooler, tbh. 

You know, I forgot to mention, since Rebecca will be singing as Sunset Shimmer, it would be a major surprise if Tara steps in to sing as Twilight only for this one time. 

Maybe...for only this once...

I find this intriguing. Seeing as how Rebecca did excellently as Twilight's singing voice in the first movie (I couldn't even tell it wasn't Tara Strong!), I think she'd do beautifully in a song of her own. Now I've definitely got more to look forward to. I've got to tell my friend about this - she's a Sunset Shimmer fan and looooves music.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Not buying it just yet. It's a little too early and I have a hard time believing Tweets (it's just high tech gossiping part of the time), especially from someone voicing a dub that will be released months after the film itself.

That said, she'll probably be singing about herself and her perceived greatness (though few would agree)

Calling it now: they're going to have someone else do the singing (like how Pinkie Pie and Rarity have different VAs for singing). Unless, of course, Rebecca can do different singing voices like Ashleigh Ball (Rainbow Dash & Applejack) and Michelle Cerber (for Applebloom & Sweetie Belle) do.

Also, I really hope there's a chance of a better redemption. Like how Discord's redemption in "Twilight's Kingdom" is WAY better than the one in "Keep Calm and Flutter On". Heck, Sunset's in EG1 was even worse. I'm hoping she'll still be a bit of bitch, then gets a REAL redemption near the climax.

At the very least I hope she gets some more depth. Celestia knows she could use more of that.

Edited by Jangobadass
  • Brohoof 1

Also, I really hope there's a chance of a better redemption. Like how Discord's redemption in "Twilight's Kingdom" is WAY better than the one in "Keep Calm and Flutter On". Heck, Sunset's in EG1 was even worse. I'm hoping she'll still be a bit of bitch, then gets a REAL redemption near the climax. At the very least I hope she gets some more depth. Celestia knows she could use more of that.

Also similar to another person who ended up redeemed by the Elements, Luna. Sunset may not be evil anymore, but she's still a girl who's been chasing power for years at the expense of paying attention to anything else, and who's hurt a lot of people in the process. I'm sure she's got a long way to go before she becomes anything like a well-adjusted teenage girl. Maybe the song will be a regretful one about the person she used to be, that will eventually turn triumphant as she sings about how far she's come and how far she'll go? I could get behind that.

Not 100% sure this is true, but I really really want it to be. I love Shoichet's voice and development for Sunset Shimmer is one of the only things on my wishlist for EQG2.

(edited)

Hold on a second....... Sunset Shimmer, the most pathetic villain ever, is gonna sing?

My response to this news:

Edited by GrauWitz

I find this intriguing. Seeing as how Rebecca did excellently as Twilight's singing voice in the first movie (I couldn't even tell it wasn't Tara Strong!), I think she'd do beautifully in a song of her own. Now I've definitely got more to look forward to. I've got to tell my friend about this - she's a Sunset Shimmer fan and looooves music.

UUHHHHH, Rebecca always sang Twily's lyrics  :huh:

• Brohoof 1

Hold on a second....... Sunset Shimmer, the most pathetic villain ever, is gonna sing?

You know, with villains like Tobias Bruckner in existence, Sunset is really far from being the most pathetic villain ever...

Regardless, I don't see why everyone thinks she's going to sing some self-absorbed song. Yeah, she probably hasn't completely lost her own personality, but the girl was crying tears and apologizing and everything. She might sing a song about how she regrets or past or how she's struggling with friends because she's spent so long hurting people, but I doubt we're going to get some "grim evil" track out of her.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, That'll be amazing also Equestria Girls Rainbow Rocks is going to release a bunch of new toys! I'll get that Vinyl Scratch car if I had a chance. IDK How you spoil a picture but check the image out. Also if you know how to spoil pictures or post videos please tell me!

EQGCar.jpg

Woo-Hoo! Finally, Sunset Shimmer gets to sing.  :wub:

Sunset is my fave minor character, and I am so glad this is happening with her right now. 

However, I am a bit skeptical on how she will sound and what she will be singing.  :huh:

Well, overall I am happy. GO SUNSET SHIMMER!!!!

You know, with villains like Tobias Bruckner in existence, Sunset is really far from being the most pathetic villain ever...

Regardless, I don't see why everyone thinks she's going to sing some self-absorbed song. Yeah, she probably hasn't completely lost her own personality, but the girl was crying tears and apologizing and everything. She might sing a song about how she regrets or past or how she's struggling with friends because she's spent so long hurting people, but I doubt we're going to get some "grim evil" track out of her.

There is actually a villain named cockpiece man..... No joke..... He has a large cannon-like devise where his genitals are..... Yeah.... Sunset is FAR from the most pathetic....

• Brohoof 1

There is actually a villain named cockpiece man..... No joke..... He has a large cannon-like devise where his genitals are..... Yeah.... Sunset is FAR from the most pathetic....

And to think, I thought you were joking.

I was gonna post the picture of him here, but then I suddenly realized I might just get modded for it. That is one... strange villain. What was DC thinking?