Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stuff You First Hated But Now Like

Castle Bleck

Today's music...

Yes, believe it or not, I used to be one of those kids that hated their generation's music. What a fool I was back then.

• Brohoof 1

Anime. Used to think it was kind of boring, but it was mostly fueled by resentment that I don't know what everyone else is talking about.

The Story of Rebellion from the anime Madoka Magica. Now it's the best damn thing ever.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I used to dislike how it was all over the Internet, but I grew up a few months later and decided to see what was so amazing about it. This has resulted MLP: FiM becoming one of my favourite cartoons. :P

• Brohoof 3

I hated the first few episodes of MLP:FIM.

But I watched a few more and gained a love for the characters and an attachment to the show. Now I love the first few episodes.

It was something that had to settle with me and now I'm super obsessed.

Anime definitely has grown on me, now I watch ALOT more anime than I did when I was in middle and high school. Although most of my interest for anime has come from friends and people recommending or mentioning good anime worth watching lol.

Fable 2, I loved the first one and was really disappointed with the second one, but eventually it grew on me and I started to enjoy it. ^^ 

Fable 3 is still one of the worst games I've ever played though...  >_>

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I used to dislike how it was all over the Internet, but I grew up a few months later and decided to see what was so amazing about it. This has resulted MLP: FiM becoming one of my favourite cartoons. :P

I hated the first few episodes of MLP:FIM.

But I watched a few more and gained a love for the characters and an attachment to the show. Now I love the first few episodes.

It was something that had to settle with me and now I'm super obsessed.

My first FIM experience:

Me: "Huh. Nice art style; very animesque. Too bad I can't watch the actual show, though; I don't want to catch hell for watching MLP."

But it wasn't until last year, when I saw Turnabout Storm, that I finally decided to give in.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

I never hated anything. I've disliked things before, but I would never resent something simply because I'm not a fan of it. 

I didn't really care for Fallout: New Vegas at first. Now It's one of my all time favorite games. The same goes for Skyrim. 

One of the most major changes in my psyche regarding this issue occurred thanks to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Namely, I now give little or no regard to whether or not something was "designed for females." I used to carelessly assume that all such media was "below me" as I was a male, and in retrospect I realize how foolish and short-sighted that line of thought was. I am now a lot more tolerant and open-minded overall, including in regard to media. It doesn't matter to me whether or not something in the media was intended for males or females. I give it an equal chance regardless.

On a different note, I used to dislike death metal, but now variations on the death metal genre (esp. symphonic/melodic death metal) are among my favorite genres.

I used to dislike having to go to bed early, but now I love doing that. Unfortunately, I don't do it as much as I should.

• Brohoof 1

Don't hate me for this...

I use to hate the Barbie movies with a super loathe because of the utopian feel they had in them. But recently, I started to like them because the producers were starting to break the Barbie tradition/stereotype. 

The 1st opening for Attack on Titan! I hated the way it sounded, but its started to grow on me. Second best opening ever!

I didn't like it either! I'd always skip over it.  Now I have it on loop every night when I go to bed. XD

Also, dragonfruit.  I must have bought a bad one the first time, because it didn't taste like anything.  I gave them another chance and I LOVE them now.

I would say My Little Pony. But I never actually hated it. When I first saw a pony... I was like 'Oh hey, that's cute." Then never paid any attention to it.

The herd came for me, when my best friend rather forcefully suggested I should watch 5 episodes. (Forcefully as in repeatedly like over a span of like... a week)

I used to hate mustard, until I took an arrow to the knee. Now I like it on cheeseburgers.

On the flip side, I used to love green peppers. Now I can't stand em. Odd...