Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Preview Clip of Vinyl Scratch being Vinyl Scratch

Andaasonsan

The slow motion was kinda cool but other than that I don't know. This is exactly what I dislike about Equestria Girls. It tries way too hard to be hip and current which goes completely against mlp fim. Which is one of the major problem with Equestria girls. It doesn't feel like MLP FIM at all.

Someone want to explain to me why this COULD NOT work with her in her natural pony state?

Well then it wouldn't be doing a very good job of being a promo for Equestria Girls, now would it? ;)

• Brohoof 2

So however realistic it is, I'm still calling BS on the dubstep thing.

She has consistently played Pop-ish songs then suddenly dubstep.

They were like "Oh she likes it now BECAUSE FANS." Really?

She's known to play dubstep because fans WANTED her to play dubstep, NOT because she actually does.

(edited)

So however realistic it is, I'm still calling BS on the dubstep thing.

She has consistently played Pop-ish songs then suddenly dubstep.

They were like "Oh she likes it now BECAUSE FANS." Really?

1: Just because she DJ's other genres, doesn't mean she can't like Dubstep.

2: We still don't really know if she listens to Dubstep because she wasn't listening to Dubtsep in the preview.

3: Who cares? It's just a fun short animation of Vinyl being Vinyl. Does it matter what music she happens to be listening to?

EDIT: Furthermore, why is it when the creators do something that doesn't follow a fannon (like giving Vinyl purple eyes) people flip out, and when they do actually do something that follows what the fans envisioned, people complain that they're pandering to us?

She's known to play dubstep because fans WANTED her to play dubstep, NOT because she actually does.

She's a fictional character. She does what ever the script says that she does. If the script that she listens to Dubstep, then she listens to Dubstep.

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 2

And that has to be the first dubstep I've ever heard that sounded like actual music instead of fax machines having sex.

This and the Dubstep gun in SRIV are the only 2 things of dubstep that I've heard that didn't either sound like you said, or was just some shoddy remix of someone elses song set to an echo and played like a broken record.... Where does this kind of dubstep exist? I like this... but the stuff I find all over... blech...

Forget Vinyl, did i just see Cranky Doodle Donkey?

I was thinking the same thing.. that design for him is just.. hilarious.. looks like he's from bobs burgers or something.. lol

(edited)

This and the Dubstep gun in SRIV are the only 2 things of dubstep that I've heard that didn't either sound like you said, or was just some shoddy remix of someone elses song set to an echo and played like a broken record.... Where does this kind of dubstep exist? I like this... but the stuff I find all over... blech...

It's because it's not Dubstep, people just associate wubs with Dubstep for some reason.

Knock yourself out. ;)

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's because it's not Dubstep, people just associate wubs with Dubstep for some reason.

Knock yourself out. ;)

thats more like it, puts my sub to good use, and has a flipping BEAT to it! :P

The normal rubbish I find.. gah... so slow.. boring.. and often such a waste of a good song thats been mixed into it....

TBH it's all techno/electronica to me, but I just try to follow the new naming schemes, and if its this far off.. I don't even want to know why..This has something I can follow and isn't putting me to sleep! B)

Thx for the heads up! was gonna start asking about more thoroughly, but this fixed it for me! :P

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

1: Just because she DJ's other genres, doesn't mean she can't like Dubstep.

2: We still don't really know if she listens to Dubstep because she wasn't listening to Dubtsep in the preview.

3: Who cares? It's just a fun short animation of Vinyl being Vinyl. Does it matter what music she happens to be listening to?

EDIT: Furthermore, why is it when the creators do something that doesn't follow a fannon (like giving Vinyl purple eyes) people flip out, and when they do actually do something that follows what the fans envisioned, people complain that they're pandering to us?

She's a fictional character. She does what ever the script says that she does. If the script that she listens to Dubstep, then she listens to Dubstep.

Her playing dubstep was a always a peve of mine because it made no sense since she had an established genre. If it has no factual basis to infer off of like a headcannon does then its just some random idea that makes no sense.

Also I'm just very biased against dubstep in a silly way. I'm also pretty sure if she played country/rap people would be split 50/50 about whether they liked it.

It's not fan pandering I'm mad about, more that its a lazy/random edit to her character. Rather then creating a new song off of her known genre they make a shoddy wub mix.

Also I hate the "EQG Hasbro cop-out" effect because if they know that we don't like something about it they'll just point the finger back at us like they did with the movie.

EDIT: I really should have kept my mouth shut. People are gonna be ready with torch ad pitchfork in hand to defend Dubstep.

Edited by Captain Brony (MG11)

(edited)

Her playing dubstep was a always a peve of mine because it made no sense since she had an established genre. If it has no factual basis to infer off of like a headcannon does then its just some random idea that makes no sense.

Also I'm just very biased against dubstep in a silly way. I'm also pretty sure if she played country/rap people would be split 50/50 about whether they liked it.

It's not fan pandering I'm mad about, more that its a lazy/random edit to her character. Rather then creating a new song off of her known genre they make a shoddy wub mix.

Also I hate the "EQG Hasbro cop-out" effect because if they know that we don't like something about it they'll just point the finger back at us like they did with the movie.

Wait, at what point did she have an established genre? I mean, sure, she DJ'd a couple of pop songs, but it doesn't mean that she can't listen to Dubstep. I listen to more genres than I can count.

I don't like Dubstep at all, but if it turns out that she does like it there's a scene where she's actually listening to it, it wouldn't really bother me too much.

I agree with your last point.

Edited by Hansel

Smokes!!!

As the ultimate Vinyl fan I am so pumped for this!

I may not be the best EG fan out there but heck yeah!

Anything VS is a friend o mine and a certain watch!

EDIT: I really should have kept my mouth shut. People are gonna be ready with torch ad pitchfork in hand to defend Dubstep.

While I see where you are coming from, I don't really see her as playing two songs as her "defined genre".

My cousin is a local DJ, has done weddings and plenty of other contract events, he doesn't only play one genre of music. Sometimes the stuff he plays isn't even really up to him, rather it's set by the bride or whoever hired him. You've got to cater to the event. His personal stuff he plays in his truck or at home are all over the place even more then when he DJs.

I think the only time a "defined genre" actually makes sense is if they create their own music, otherwise a DJ just plays tracks.