Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Knitted Pony Crafts

Psych Ward

(edited)

So I'm a very large fan of knitting, as some of my fellow bronies on the forums might know.  I like to interweave my interests so I have devoted a lot of time to creating knitted hats in the style of My Little Pony characters.  I have completed Derpy, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and now Vinyl Scratch.  I have both Twilight Sparkle and Princess Luna in the works.  I'm working out the kinks in my Rainbow Dash design such as how to make her Cutie Mark and how to show her mane in the stripes.  I also have almost everything I need in order to make an Octavia.  My question to you is, would you purchase a hat, scarf, headband, or a pair of fingerless gloves?  I have these items for sale on several websites, including the forums, but I've only sold two through ebay.  I charge $25 which I believe is a fair price.  The materials cost roughly $3-$5 depending on the character, and I spend a good 5-6 hours on each hat.  I also made this topic to share my knitted crafts as they are made.  Please leave your feedback and ideas.  I'm also looking for ideas to make fingerless gloves and headbands in a way that will represent the pony clearly without making it too gaudy.

Hats

Derpy Hooves

img-2739919-1-derpy_hat_3_by_alleykat666

Fluttershy

img-2739919-2-fluttershy_hat_3_by_alleyk

Pinkie Pie

img-2739919-3-pinkie_pie_hat_2_by_alleyk

Rarity

img-2739919-4-rarity_hat_2_by_alleykat66

Vinyl Scratch

img-2739919-5-vinyl_scratch_hat_1_by_all

Twilight Sparkle

img-2739919-6-twilight_sparkle_hat_1_by_

Princess Luna

princess_luna_hat_1_by_alleykat666-d7nud

Fingerless Gloves

Princess Luna

princess_luna_fingerless_gloves_1_by_all

Edited by Psych Ward
  • Brohoof 3

Those are really cute!  I love the Derpy and Fluttershy.  :)

I used to make crochet hats like that, but they were kitties and not ponies.  X3

• Brohoof 1

Wow, cool, you wouldn't happen to take requests would you? I would love one for my oc

I do take commissions.  I would charge $25 for the hat and $3 to ship.  The link to my commission thread is in my signature.

Those are really cute!  I love the Derpy and Fluttershy.   :)

I used to make crochet hats like that, but they were kitties and not ponies.  X3

These started out as kitty hats actually.  I have several black ones littering my house and I made a black on for my grandma and a red one for my aunt.  My mom made a crochet one that was similar.

Thanks!  It seems as those are the most popular right now.  I've sold one of each.

I do take commissions.  I would charge $25 for the hat and $3 to ship.  The link to my commission thread is in my signature.

These started out as kitty hats actually.  I have several black ones littering my house and I made a black on for my grandma and a red one for my aunt.  My mom made a crochet one that was similar.

Thanks!  It seems as those are the most popular right now.  I've sold one of each.

I would love to buy one, but I don't have the money right now.  :P

I'd probably actually buy them both.  hehe

• Brohoof 1

Ah, knitting~ I love it very much. I'm still learning to needle knit and I'm glad I can see your projects here.

My favorites are Rarity, Vinyl Scratch, and Derpy. I especially think the bubbles cutie mark on Derpy's was exceptionally clever.

Oh, if only I wasn't broke! I would SO buy some of your projects from you.

I've seen a pattern for that type of hat in an Usborne book I own, and Rarity's cutie mark looks a lot like leaves from the same book.

• Brohoof 1

Ok, maybe I'll come back when I got money

I would love to buy one, but I don't have the money right now.   :P

I'd probably actually buy them both.  hehe

That's fine, and completely understandable.  I'm a bit broke as well, which is why I'm trying to sell the hats.  Do you guys have any suggestions on what would look good for a pair of fingerless gloves or a headband.  I was thinking about just doing the pony's colors, but I might incorporate beads into the headband.

Ah, knitting~ I love it very much. I'm still learning to needle knit and I'm glad I can see your projects here.

My favorites are Rarity, Vinyl Scratch, and Derpy. I especially think the bubbles cutie mark on Derpy's was exceptionally clever.

Oh, if only I wasn't broke! I would SO buy some of your projects from you.

I've seen a pattern for that type of hat in an Usborne book I own, and Rarity's cutie mark looks a lot like leaves from the same book.

Thanks so much!  I learned how to knit a year or so ago.  It's hard to learn, but once I got the hang of it, it was simple.  Now I read while I knit.

The Derpy one was my first, and it took me absolutely forever to figure out the cutie mark.  I tried crochet bubbles, embroidery, and I finally came up with the buttons.  The buttons allowed me to easily make the different sized buttons.

I think everyone's broke right now.  XD

I adapted Rarity's cutie mark from a diamond pattern I found online.  The hat pattern I figured out myself.  I just figured out how to make a regular hat knitted flat and just made it into a rectangle to have the ears.

Well, you could do a crown for the headband, like twilight's crown

That's a good idea for the princesses!  I wonder if I could figure out how to do knit Elements of Harmony headbands!

• Brohoof 1

Gah!! I wish I could buy your things, I would really love one of those necklaces for the pick, I could use it as a real pick...that would be cool...anyway, I WILL come back for these things!

• Brohoof 1

These are beautiful! If only I had the money... anyways, keep making these! They are wonderful. :) Maybe someday when I have money I will get one. ^_^

That's fine.  And if you ever feel like you will have the money soon, you can contact me.  I can have the item you want ready for when you do.

Gah!! I wish I could buy your things, I would really love one of those necklaces for the pick, I could use it as a real pick...that would be cool...anyway, I WILL come back for these things!

That's fine!  I love making the necklaces.  I plan on always having my shop open, so you won't ever run out of time.

Cool, if only you could make yarn more...pointy...

I know!  That's my only issue with Twilight's cutie mark.  It guess It's as good as it's going to get for now.  Rarity's cutie mark looks more pointy.  Maybe because it's knitting instead of crochet.  I just don't know how to knit a star.  XD

I agree, without the points, Twilight's cutie mark looks more like a flower, but I can't blame you. I still think it's adorable.

Thanks.  I'm just happy I managed to make the top and bottom points longer than the others.  That took some thinking, but it was really simple to do.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...