Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something were to happen to one of the VA how would a replacement be found?

Azureth

(edited)

If, god forbid, something were to happen to one of the VA (all of which are very good and talented), how would they go about finding someone to replace them? Do you think it would even be possible to find another VA that sounded even close to the original?

Edited by Azureth

And here I thought VA meant Verterans Affairs.

What a world we live in with such a gap.

Anywho, I'm sure they would do what any other series has, and that is give a reason for their departure, similar to spin offs of Family Guy and such.

It depends on the show mainly, but I'm fairly sure Fim, if one of the voice actresses died, would most likely find a close sounding replacement, but may pay some kind of tribute in the credits or something.

(In The Simpsons, when a VA dies/doesn't want to continue, they kill off the character...)

In MLP:FIM, I think they'd try to find someone else... But if it's not a mane 6 VA, maybe not?

(edited)

This very thing happened in Avatar: The Last Airbender actually and I am sure a few other shows with the voice actor who played Iroh dying. They replaced him with someone who sounds really close and in part as a tribute a character in the sequel series Avatar: The Legend of Korra Mako who is one of the main characters was named after him that voice actor.  They will replace the voice actor with someone as close as they can and knowing them they may even include a background pony based on that voice actor in a cameo, maybe as a tribute.

Edited by Casey Jones

There have been instances where something has happened to a VA and in the instance they can't reasonably remove the character from the show, they would then look for someone who could duplicate the voice almost perfectly. In the best cases you can't tell the difference, like with Mordin Solus between Mass Effect 2 and 3.

Perhaps the singing voices could replace some of the VAs if something where to happen to them- I mean, Shannon Chan-Kent's character in Death Note sounds an awful lot like Pinkie Pie for example, not to mention that she sounds the most like her counterpart while singing, so I'm sure she could do just fine as Pinkie(and maybe Fluttershy) if the worst were to happen. :huh:

Replacing someone like, say, Tabitha St. Germain would be a tall order though... let's just hope that nothing like this ever happens. :/

Sometimes it's more obvious (Fairly Odd Parents)

Tabitha St. Germain & Cathy Weseluck don't have anyone in the industry that sound like them. They are a little like Rob Paulsen in that respect.

When it comes down to it, all of them may have voices that are general and can be replicated in the VA world ... But it's the acting part that would be irreplaceable there.

Tabitha especially. Isolate her scenes and close you eyes and listen. What does it remind you of, and who?

(edited)

Vancouver has an immense pool of talented, experienced voice actors, so finding talent wouldn't be hard, though some of the voices are distinct and hard enough to replicate that it would take some time getting it right to the point where only the most trained ears would be able to tell the difference.

Edited by Wind Chaser