mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Well, while I wasn't around for the weekend I only missed out on a Thrash discussion, good, because I really don't have much to say on those discussions.

ANYWAY.

What do you guys think of this?

I'm loving it a bunch.

Well this seems more like something of my sorts, definitely agreeing with Djenty on how I would of liked it more if it didn't have the stereotypical Metalcore breakdown thing, though I still do think that it was a damn good and enjoyable song.

(edited)

Go home, Dawn. You're drunk. wacko.png

Now a little something from Slayer's Haunting the Chapel EP

We're still talking about thrash here, right? Right? No one listens to me...

Would've posted this sooner if MLPforums didn't keep crashing on me

Edited by woohoo

Have some more Crust Punk, because you can't have enough of it. It really is one hell of a genre

I recommend this album, it's very enjoyable

• Brohoof 1

Been gone for a few days, back now. All I listened to was Yeezus, Wax Tailor, and Lil B with the bros while I was gone, doe.

Have some more Crust Punk, because you can't have enough of it. It really is one hell of a genre

I recommend this album, it's very enjoyable

My knowledge of crust ends right at DOOM.

I'm finally back home which means I can finally post from my computer again. Posting on a phone is annoying as heck. 

Oh, so I wrote a comment on a video saying Prequel to the Sequel is my favorite track on BTBAM's Colors album, and I got a reply saying "guitar hero fag". Does that make sense to anyone? I don't recall that song being on Guitar Hero, and my comment had nothing to do with Guitar Hero. I'm really confused .-.

Oh, so I wrote a comment on a video saying Prequel to the Sequel is my favorite track on BTBAM's Colors album, and I got a reply saying "guitar hero fag". Does that make sense to anyone? I don't recall that song being on Guitar Hero, and my comment had nothing to do with Guitar Hero. I'm really confused .-.

Dude, don't stress, YouTube comments aren't always that intelligent, it's pretty much the place where people bash each other all the time or just type down a quote from the video.

(edited)

Dude, don't stress, YouTube comments aren't always that intelligent, it's pretty much the place where people bash each other all the time or just type down a quote from the video.

I'm just confused on what the buck my comment had anything to do with guitar hero. 

But anyway, I'm listening to Cowboys From Hell right now. I'll probably get it if I decide to get a Pantera album.

Also, I might wanna check out more Mastodon, so what album should I check out? What's the best?

And I just saw that some of the CDs I wanted to get are on sale on Amazon, so that's pretty cool. I will probably order them later today.

Edited by Champion RD92

I'm just confused on what the buck my comment had anything to do with guitar hero. 

It probably was on one of the guitar hero games, I guess

Also, I might wanna check out more Mastodon, so what album should I check out? What's the best?

Most people would say Leviathan so go for that one, I can't really say which one is their best because I don't really listen to much Mastodon at all.

It probably was on one of the guitar hero games, I guess

I have never heard of it being on a Guitar Hero game, I really doubt it was. I googled it but I didn't find anything. I know it's available to download on Rock Band though, cause I downloaded it on there lol

Most people would say Leviathan so go for that one, I can't really say which one is their best because I don't really listen to much Mastodon at all.

I guess I will just have to check them all out when I get the chance, but I guess I will start with Leviathan.

Holy balls, I listened to a little bit of both Crack the Skye and Leviathan, and I am really impressed. I'm gonna have to sit down and listen to both the whole albums, I think this might be a band I will start listening to a lot more.

LOL no. Haunting the Chapel is by far Megadeth's best album, Gary Holt sure does play some sick lead guitar on that album and Joey Belladonna is great on vocals too. Am I right? 

Idiot, not even close. So Far So Good So What is best Slayer record. James Hetfield absolutely kills it on the vocals and Scott Ian has played probably some of his best riffs since Fabulous Disaster.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

or just type down a quote from the video.

Speaking of which, the very fitting top comments.

There's even more of it on the song's last.fm page.

I have never heard of it being on a Guitar Hero game, I really doubt it was. I googled it but I didn't find anything. I know it's available to download on Rock Band though, cause I downloaded it on there lol

I guess I will just have to check them all out when I get the chance, but I guess I will start with Leviathan.

Holy balls, I listened to a little bit of both Crack the Skye and Leviathan, and I am really impressed. I'm gonna have to sit down and listen to both the whole albums, I think this might be a band I will start listening to a lot more.

I have to admit that "The Hunter" has some badass artwork.

mastodon---the-hunter-vector_640024.jpg

Deluxe edition cover isn't nearly as good. Anyway, I'm quite certain that the first Mastodon song I heard was from NFS: Most Wanted. Blood and Thunder I think. It's on Leviathan so you might have heard of it.

Edited by Railrunner
  • Brohoof 1

I guess I will just have to check them all out when I get the chance, but I guess I will start with Leviathan. Holy balls, I listened to a little bit of both Crack the Skye and Leviathan, and I am really impressed. I'm gonna have to sit down and listen to both the whole albums, I think this might be a band I will start listening to a lot more.

I bet you would buy Leviathan just to make me jelly, you meanie pants.angry.png angry.png angry.png angry.png angry.png angry.png angry.png angry.png 

So like, I'm playing Pokemon White 2 on an emulator while listening to Between the Buried and Me.

Tonight I listened to Coalesce's and Botch's old stuff from the mid-late 90's. Good stuff to break necks to.

So like, I'm playing Pokemon White 2 on an emulator while listening to Between the Buried and Me.

Listen to Alaskaaaaaaaa.

I'd much rather cough up the dough for a DS. What do they cost these days? Can't be too much since they released the 3DS...

Which I may or may not have purchased strictly for Pokemon and Animal Crossing

• Brohoof 1

Listen to Alaskaaaaaaaa.

Probably some other time, I do have it. I actually have all of Between the Buried and Me's discography. 

I'd much rather cough up the dough for a DS. What do they cost these days? Can't be too much since they released the 3DS... Which I may or may not have purchased strictly for Pokemon and Animal Crossing

Dude get a 3DS, it'll play both DS and 3DS games so it's a better a value. I actually have a 3DS, the only reason I'm using an emulator is because I don't have White 2. 

(edited)

Between the Buried and Me.

Parallax II is some good shit.

For some reason I really really like the little part right at like 5:43 to 5:45

Listen to Alaskaaaaaaaa.

Thank you for reminding me I still need to listen to that whole album.

Actually, I just remembered I'm gonna get the CD soon.

Well fuck, this song is good:

Edited by Champion RD92
  • Brohoof 1

So this band called Traitor just hit me up/started following me on Tumblr, and I gotta say, they are fucking sick and y'all need to hear them.  Think blackened hardcore.  Dudes got some shrieks on him.

Also, over the past couple of weeks, my Tumblr is becoming more and more of a thing, as I'm posting more and more bands and music shit.  If you guys want to check that out too, you can.

(edited)

Listened to some Fallujah and Abiotic today. Need to get some more Fallujah on my rotation.

Some badass instrumentals.

So this band called Traitor just hit me up/started following me on Tumblr, and I gotta say, they are fucking sick and y'all need to hear them.  Think blackened hardcore.  Dudes got some shrieks on him.

Holy hell that dude can shriek. I'll be checking these guys out.

Also, over the past couple of weeks, my Tumblr is becoming more and more of a thing, as I'm posting more and more bands and music shit.  If you guys want to check that out too, you can.

NSFW NSFW YOUR TUMBLR HAS THINGS LIKE BOOBS ON IT.

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Now that was some really good stuff, and yes dem shrieks, some awesome ones that I've heard in Hardcore music.

NSFW BLOG =O I AM SO FOLLOWING IT

Edited by Norma Moog
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Boobs??? Where???? 

*looks at tumblr*

*sees boobs*

:0

me gusta :3

Anyway, I'm listening to this song, and I'm liking it. I need to listen to the rest of the album.

I'm also liking this song:

Edited by Champion RD92

Yea so someone made a Skillet thread... 

So I'm playing Pokemon (again), except this time I have Whoracle in the background. Yesterday I listened to Parallax II and Black Masses, today I'm in a bit of a melodeath mood.

Haven't heard this album in a long time. It honestly doesn't get old, much like this band's entire discography (except "The Anatomy Of" because that was just pointless).

I need to reassess which BTBAM album is my favorite because I honestly don't know anymore. Listened to "The Silent Circus" yesterday and that might take the cake, simply because it was the first BTBAM album I was exposed to and it's the reason I listen to metal.

Yea so someone made a Skillet thread... 

lol dude I saw that xD

Haven't heard this album in a long time. It honestly doesn't get old, much like this band's entire discography (except "The Anatomy Of" because that was just pointless).

I need to reassess which BTBAM album is my favorite because I honestly don't know anymore. Listened to "The Silent Circus" yesterday and that might take the cake, simply because it was the first BTBAM album I was exposed to and it's the reason I listen to metal.

I fucking love Colors, I would say it's my favorite by Between the Buried and Me. Such a good fucking album.

(edited)

I fucking love Colors, I would say it's my favorite by Between the Buried and Me. Such a good fucking album.

Don't underestimate the power of "The Silent Circus" though.

There's something so raw and powerful about every song on here (even in its softer moments towards the middle) that I dig. If you're alienated by Lost Perfection, skip halfway through "Mordecai" and listen all the way up to "Ad a Dglgmut." It's amazing.

Edited by ToBeATree

Anyway, I'm listening to this song, and I'm liking it. I need to listen to the rest of the album.

I figured that you'd dig Mastodon, though if I were to listen to any more Proggy influenced Sludge, I'd pick Baroness.

Don't underestimate the power of "The Silent Circus" though.

There's something so raw and powerful about every song on here (even in its softer moments towards the middle) that I dig. If you're alienated by Lost Perfection, skip halfway through "Mordecai" and listen all the way up to "Ad a Dglgmut." It's amazing.

I should probably listen to that album sometime since it's one of their older albums, and their older stuff was considered Metalcore.