Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Voice Actor's Guild

DoctorMcCrimmon

Okay, here's a little signup thing:

Hey, I'm Bronyance. I'm open to do voice acting for anything and willing to give a try on any accent or role, my voice range varies from English to American, French to Australian, and more. I can even do a mean impression of Obama. I'm best at voices like Doctor Whooves, and R63 versions of the Mane Six, such as Rainbow Blitz and Butterscotch as portrayed in my example, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRZqp2JJH9o

Want to ask a question about which voice should be good for my vocal range and accentrange, if some people can help me out with that? Much appreciated :D

Can you post a sample of you talking? Or add me on Skype, so I can call and hear your voice? That way I can tell. And if it's a Skype chat, we can go over different characters live.

(Just not today. I'm about to head offline for the day.)

Hey guys, I was thinking you may want to know about this for later

http://mlpforums.com/topic/110393-the-next-silly-filly-studios/page-2#entry3098550

That's a great idea! Actually, I don't know what is going for it, as the main person organising it lives in New Zealand so chatting can be difficult due to time zones… Smartmax, PrincessLena, and I came up with GOVA Studios (Guild Of Voice actors, as Voice Actors Guild would just sound naughty as an acronym…) I'd be happy to help!

That's a great idea! Actually, I don't know what is going for it, as the main person organising it lives in New Zealand so chatting can be difficult due to time zones… Smartmax, PrincessLena, and I came up with GOVA Studios (Guild Of Voice actors, as Voice Actors Guild would just sound naughty as an acronym…) I'd be happy to help!

the name of my thing is called crunchy monkey studios 

Right now I'm pretty busy with Turnabout Trio and working on the Draconequus album, but I'll throw my name into the hat for future projects. I filled out the form linked on the first page of this thread.

Right now I'm pretty busy with Turnabout Trio and working on the Draconequus album, but I'll throw my name into the hat for future projects. I filled out the form linked on the first page of this thread.

Awesome. I'll add you to the list of VAs, if you have a sample, too, that'd help (as I post the samples with the VA names and links to their profiles.)

the name of my thing is called crunchy monkey studios

Sounds like an ice cream. Yummy. Ice cream studios. How sweet.

Okay, maybe I should sleep more. I seem loopier lately than usual. 

Edited by DoctorMcCrimmon

• 2 weeks later...

I just started mess with voice acting about month ago. The voices I feel strongest with is Discord and Big Mac and I have messed around with Cheese Sandwich. All my stuff is on my youtube, I have a couple demo reels and several comic dubs so far here a link to the channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/Turningbronyese

I'll add you to the main post, and do you have a skype? I can add you there, too.

I have one comment on the Discord (haven't watched the Big Mac one yet): It's good for a start. But Discord is a creature of fun and playfulness. When he's talking to Celestia, he extends his words, makes them almost sing-songy at spots. But as a beginning point, that's pretty good. I'd say keep working at it. Watch the episodes with him and copy his words over what he's saying. It'll help with the inflection. It's what I do (and what at least some other VAs do, if not all) to get the right voice.

Discord is a tough voice to emulate, so even being decent is a challenge. You're off to a great start there. I definitely could tell who you were trying for, just try to add more fun to his voice. I mean, it's JOHN DE LANCIE! How can you not have fun just trying to get his voice?! If I had a deeper vocal range, I'd be in Q-voice at all times!

:Shifty eyes: Sorry... ask anyone, I can go on and on and on and.... well, you get the idea... when it comes to Q/Discord. 

I do have skype its turningbronyese on there too

Yeah I know I need to work on it some more its the main reason I started doing the comic dubs just so I could practice characters and just voice recording in general

We all start somewhere, and for a newcomer, it's a great start. Especially tackling a voice as complex as Discy. I'll add you to the skype group. Well, once I add you to my skype list.

Ideas

1. An extended telling of life for the mane 6 after their cutie marks flipped around

2. Revenge of the Dazzlings. Musical

3. Comic audio dub

4. Something about Starswirl the bearded.

5. A corpse party-esque (or other Horror like) story

These probabl suck but I threw in my two cents.

Ideas

1. An extended telling of life for the mane 6 after their cutie marks flipped around

3. Comic audio dub

Wow, I just was thinking similar, actually. At least of 1-3. I was thinking because the Dazzlings lost their music mojo when the gemstones exploded, they find autotunes.

And the cutie mark thing: how did the others react? I mean, wouldn't Apple Bloom and Big Mac notice Pinkie Pie switching with Applejack? And Sweetie Belle seeing Applejack in her sister's shop?

Ideas

3. Comic audio dub

For number 3 are talking about fan comics or doing the official ones because I have debated dubbing the official one but have worries about copyright

And for 2 instead of revenge if you did a prequel you could include starswirl since (spoiler) he was the one who banished them to the human world

Edited by TurningBronyese
  • Brohoof 1

Hey everypony, thought I'd share a bit of my voice acting here because in my opinion it's okay but some of the voices seem off! Here's a one take recording to demonstrate (sorry for the low quality sound, I recorded it on my phone XD)

http://soundcloud.com/sonatadusk/my-little-pony-one-take-voice

You have the concept of what they sound like down, but the accents need work. Where are you from? I'm detecting an accent on you, I'm thinking Cajun, but it might just be how it's mingling with the other ones. It's hard to do another accent over your original one. That's why I have trouble with certain accents, because finding the nuances between accents with the same base is tough. Like Cockney and Yorkshire and Chav… they're tough for me to differentiate. Or Mexican and Puerto Rican.

I'd work on the general accent first: the base one Everypony else has in the show, then try again. It'll take time, but it's worth it.

Also, mind doing one of your natural voice? I'd love to hear it. One: it's probably an accent I don't have yet, and two: I want to see an example of your acting, not just your voice mimicry.

You have the concept of what they sound like down, but the accents need work. Where are you from? I'm detecting an accent on you, I'm thinking Cajun, but it might just be how it's mingling with the other ones. It's hard to do another accent over your original one. That's why I have trouble with certain accents, because finding the nuances between accents with the same base is tough. Like Cockney and Yorkshire and Chav… they're tough for me to differentiate. Or Mexican and Puerto Rican.

I'd work on the general accent first: the base one Everypony else has in the show, then try again. It'll take time, but it's worth it.

Also, mind doing one of your natural voice? I'd love to hear it. One: it's probably an accent I don't have yet, and two: I want to see an example of your acting, not just your voice mimicry.

Nobody's ever said I have an accent XD Anyway, here ya go!

EDIT: I'm kind of new to this so I'm not sure about the difference between voice acting and voice mimicry.. can ya explain? :)

http://soundcloud.com/sonatadusk/reading-one-of-my-poems

Edited by Sonata Dusk

Nobody's ever said I have an accent XD Anyway, here ya go!

EDIT: I'm kind of new to this so I'm not sure about the difference between voice acting and voice mimicry.. can ya explain? :)

http://soundcloud.com/sonatadusk/reading-one-of-my-poems

I'm sorry but your voice reminds me alot of Freema Agyeman from Doctor Who (she played Maratha Jones)

Oh and minicry would be would be when your trying to sound like a character that is already established (i.e. trying to sound like one of the voice actors from the show)vs voicing a character(think like an OC that you give them their own voice)

Edited by TurningBronyese