Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Should I Do to Make My Cousin Love MLP?

Pinky Pie

Hi everypony! I'm a 15 years old brony and today I showed my 12 years old cousin some pony stuffs. And he actually liked them! First things first, I showed him the battle scene between Tirek and Twilight Sparkle, then since he wanted to see more, I explained him lots of things about MLP universe (Like princesses, cutie marks, etc.) and showed him some scenes like how did Mane 6 get their Cutie Marks, battle between Nightmare Moon and Celestia, and lots of songs, and then some fanmade stuffs like Rainbow Factory music video, Smile HD, You're Gonna Go Far Kid - Rainbow Dash etc.

So it seems like he really liked MLP, but I don't wanna bother him by showing him more. So what should I do and/or show him to make him love MLP more? I'm plannig to show him FiM part 1 and 2, is there anything you can recommend me?

• Brohoof 1

Let him watch the show and enjoy it at his own pace. If you keep thrusting stuff upon him you may infact drive him away rather than help his love for the franchise grow. I'd just give him a couple recommendations on fan made stuffs, give him some links to a episode playlist on dailymotion and leave it at that.

Edited by M'aiq the Liar
  • Brohoof 5

It seems like you are on the right track already just suggest episodes to him and let him watch them whenever is convenient for him.

If he already likes it, that's pretty much good enough, the best option is to let him discover the rest for himself.

Although I feel awkward asking this, but what compelled you to show your 12 year old cousin Smile HD?

• Brohoof 1

If he already likes it, that's pretty much good enough, the best option is to let him discover the rest for himself.

Although I feel awkward asking this, but what compelled you to show your 12 year old cousin Smile HD?

Perhaps he has his reasons? But do would like to know that question as well...

You gotta know for sure that he actually is interested in getting more into the show at any time you want to show him more of it. Hopefully then you'll be lucky and he'll start getting into pony stuff without you around. Never enforce it, though. It's one of the many key ways to turn someone away.

The title of the thread kind of mislead me to believe you intended to force him to like MLP. If he likes it, leave him be. Maybe start him on the regular episodes of the show, and have him watch it in order, at his own pace.

You've made the introduction for him, and in my opinion quite a good one at that; the right thing to do now is let him decide on his own if he wishes to delve deeper or not.

See this is why the world hate us, we shove the show down anyone's throat! why force a guy who's walking, minding his own business when suddenly: a wild brony appeared! brony uses shove the show down throat it's super effective!

Thank you guys so much! So I hope he is gonna make the right decision :P

See this is why the world hate us, we shove the show down anyone's throat! why force a guy who's walking, minding his own business when suddenly: a wild brony appeared! brony uses shove the show down throat it's super effective!

Oh dude I've never said that I've done such a thing. He actually liked the show and I wanted to know if there is anything else that I can do to make him love it more, but I never meant to force him.

Well the dialog between us was like that after I showed him the normal Smile song

My Cousin: I really loved it!

Me: That's my favorite song too, but what if I say you I can make you hate this in 4 minutes?

My cousin: Prove it!

Me: You sure?

My cousin: Yes!

*Watches Smile HD"

My cousin: What the buck did I just watch? You stole 4 minutes from my life. But I still love the normal Smile song... I guess.

• Brohoof 1

Well I would ask him if he wants to see more and maybe watch though the first episode with him if he says yes if he gets more and more into it just show him the show by the start 

if he seems to enjoy it I am guessing he would enjoy that too

however as others said don't force him just show him little by little time to time if he feels to but if he does not want to be in the fandom don't make him.

Edited by Everleaf

Update: His transformation is almost complete :P Today we went to a picnic and he wanted me to show him every single song about MLP. And once we turned back to his home, he wanted me to show him the very first two episodes. Unfortunately, his english is so bad (I know mine is not that good too, but at least I can understand episodes :P ) and we had to watch the Turkish version, which is too bad but he liked it, and I guess tomorrow we will watch other episodes too (It's 10 p.m in Turkey). Thank you again guys for your advices ^^