Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only one that find this concept stupid?

Deathstroke

I find that stupid as well. I believe in equality for all gamers and telling gamer girls that is just stereotyping and sexist, not to mention a terrible, terrible joke if one at all.

• Brohoof 9

its pretentious nerds trying to be funny but failing horribly. the joke is old and wasnt even funny when it was made up. and usually the people who say it are the 12 year olds with the epickal maymay trollface shit. "huurr am i cool yet guys?"

• Brohoof 9

any concept that doesn't put men and women on equal ground is stupid full stop.

Yeah, it's totally stupid that men and women aren't both capable of either side of reproduction. But that's how nature works.

Of course, the whole "get in the kitchen and be my slave" thing is one of the most idiotic things you'll hear in gaming, and is most likely perpetrated by 12-year olds who are trying to sound tough/bolster their nonexistent self-esteem.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, it's totally stupid that men and women aren't both capable of either side of reproduction. But that's how nature works.

Its not that, women shoulder the greater responibility in reproduction and yet some men think they are better then women. Lets see him say that when no woman wants his kids and his stupidity dies with him,

Edited by Shire Pony Malinter

Of cource it's stupid. I,as an happy gamer,would love to have more gamer girls in gaming community. Just think if you meet a girl could like hang out and play video games at the same time. Like pixel of heaven :D

• Brohoof 4

for someone who has a couple girl gamer friends, this statement is really common to hear. mainly the people who say it are the ones getting their asses handed to them by said girls. but...its the feminine version of calling one gay in gaming. its: Pointless, saying shit like that isn't gonna make you play any better, it makes you sound weak that you have to resort to verbal comments instead of play the game

• Brohoof 2

Ughhhhh...  The negative amount of respect I had for the human race as a whole just went further into the red lol.  I don't do much online multiplayer, so I've never had the "privilege" of hearing anyone utter the thing you described (also I mute ppl because SHUT UP).  But now just knowing that's been said (and regurgitated thereafter) makes my brain cells want to cry out in a shared agony.

Sorry, I'm a tad bit overtired and probably shouldn't have even entered this topic at this time lol.  *Is a little grumpy.*

Edited by PegaMister
  • Brohoof 3

Am I the only one who finds calling females who play video games "gamer girls" stupid? Why is it STILL such a huge taboo for a female to play fucking video games? This also ties into the main topic. You're not exactly helping their position by calling them "gamer GIRLS".
Just use the term gamer and stop making such a huge deal out of their gender!

Edited by Derp My Life
  • Brohoof 7

Hold on, SOMEONE SAID THAT?! Why? What a stupid thing to say. It certainly won't raise your charm. But to be fair, games were originally oriented towards the male population. Pacman was the first game that changed that. I can see why people still use the term gamer "girl".  I wonder if we'll ever get passed that. That's the human race for you -.- I'm glad I'm only half human.

(edited)

Am I the only one who finds calling females who play video games "gamer girls" stupid? Why is it STILL such a huge taboo for a female to play fucking video games? This also ties into the main topic. You're not exactly helping their position by calling them "gamer GIRLS".

Just use the term gamer and stop making such a huge deal out of their gender!

I was specifying the gender, am not an asshole but still, also being a female gets a lot more negative attention than a male

Edited by Deathstroke
  • Brohoof 2

It's not just gamer girls, just telling women to get back in the kitchen in any situation is sexist.

• Brohoof 3

Yes. They aren't funny 'jokes', at all. They have a large context behind them that is still ever present in our culture.

Really, the amount of guys going around whining about how girls never date them, even though they're such a "nice" guy, and they would treat us right, but then they turn around and make sexist jokes like that is very telling.

• Brohoof 1