Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Spongebob Squarepants Movie: Sponge out of Water

Hovershy

CGI version of SpongeBob Squarepants AKA the show that played a part of my childhood elementary school years? No thank you Paramount Pictures. The show's recent downfall doesn't help either.

Edited by CC_Maud_Pie

As what some people have already said, the show has been downhill ever since the movie. There are a very few good gems here and there, but it's clear how the style and writing has changed since the movie. I really can't bash on this movie just yet. It's Spongebob and all I can hope is that they don't screw it up. The first movie was amazing and the concept for the newest one makes me a bit uneasy, but I'll hold all judgments until the day I see it.

I liked the first half of the trailer, but when the Live Action CGI reared its ugly head, I was reminded of the Smurf movies *shudders*

It would have been better if they pulled off the live action parts the same way they did in the first movie with David Hasslehoff.

I predict that within five years the inevitable live action FiM movie will go this same route. (The Mane Six become CGI anthro power ponies in a "real world" setting...or maybe that's just wishful thinking.) :smug:

Ill reply simply with this

I haven't watched much SB since the last movie and the seasons before it, I don't know how this will turn out. Hopefully as good as the first movie but I doubt it.

But who knows.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw it and I kind of enjoyed it but was also disappointed. I thought it was neat that they went into a CGI style for part of the film but the conflict revolving around Bikini Bottom can't live without Krabby Patties seems pretty cliche because there was another Spongebob special where Bikini Bottom gets torn down due to the lack of Krabby Patties. Also the ending wasn't great at least compared to the previous film. I mean the first film's ending felt like the best way to wrap up the entire series in general. 

• Brohoof 1

All these people dissing this movie (from a teaser) are probably going to watch it anyway.

I know I will. The CGI kind of looks... iffy. But that's probably just because I'm so used to 2D Spongebob.

• Brohoof 1