Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The re-reformed Discord

aurabullet10

I was curious if anyone was hoping to see Discord in a more reformed statise where he may actually be a good friend and please please see more of him. I want to see him angry for someone hurting fluttershy. Anybody in? XD

• Brohoof 1

That's what I'm hoping they do. However he still needs to be a prankster, trickster, and all-around weird. You can't take that away from him. Toning it down and making him more friendly and a bit more willing to listen is fine, but he's still Discord.

I'd actually like to see the writers still occasionally do something with him in an antagonistic sort of role. Not a villain but just as someone opposing the main character for the episode. As long as they do it correctly, and have him learn a lesson along with our main characters, it could be pretty fun.

• Brohoof 3

What are you talking about?! He is a good friend! 

The point about the friendship with discord, as Fluttershy says herself is accepting who he really is. It's in his nature to be chaotic and eccentric, being the trickster that he is. He's the spirit of chaos!

We may just see some FlutterCord action in season 5! Who knows? I'm certainly looking forward to what's to come. I'd like Fluttershy and Discord's friendship to be explored further also!

• Brohoof 5

Discord's a good friend, believe it. He'll put the hammer down if somepony were to mess with Flutters. Sure he made mistakes -- but I think he has finally learned Fluttershy is too important and somepony he'll really protect. 

All hail our omnipresent God!  :umad:  :yay:

Fluttercord is better than chocolate rain. Seriously I want some episodes with Flutters and Discord hanging out. In fact I would love a scene where Iron will, Discord and Flutters are chilling at the spa. That would be epic. Oh and Discord NEEDS to meet flutterbat

• Brohoof 2

Fluttercord is better than chocolate rain. Seriously I want some episodes with Flutters and Discord hanging out. In fact I would love a scene where Iron will, Discord and Flutters are chilling at the spa. That would be epic. Oh and Discord NEEDS to meet flutterbat

That would be nice. I also love the fluttercord ship

Well, there are rumors about a jealously episode in S5 and then there's the upcoming comic with them which if again the rumors are true, we may see a ship tease.

• Brohoof 1

It would be good to see Discord actually cooperate with the Mane 6. We see him bothering them from the very beginning, back when he was evil, but not really doing anything together. It's always "Discord appears, what does he want this time?" and he starts screwing with ponies for fun and attention. 

It's hard calling someone reformed if only one person cares about him as a friend, and vice versa. He needs to make more visits to Ponyville, not just for Fluttershy.

He does have a lot of competence as an ally. Right before he switched sides to join Tirek, he left friendship journal with truth about the keys to the Harmony Box spelled out to them.

In comic he showed possibility of better interaction: taking CMC on an adventure and building some meaningful relationship with them.

Tirek's betrayal allowed some true change of heart and promise of proper character change. Let's hope they'll use this properly.

• Brohoof 1

Well, there are rumors about a jealously episode in S5 and then there's the upcoming comic with them which if again the rumors are true, we may see a ship tease.

Where can I read these comics online!? I wanna read them so bad right now but its hard to do with my phone. Anything that hints to Fluttercord as cannon is a must read. Edited by Buck Testa

I was curious if anyone was hoping to see Discord in a more reformed statise where he may actually be a good friend and please please see more of him. I want to see him angry for someone hurting fluttershy. Anybody in? XD

He's a great character right now, I don't want him to be kinder or more friendly.

(edited)

Just to see flutterbat again would be sweet. And Ironwill in a spa would make my day. I can imagine his horns getting buffed by a sander.

Seeing discord at the begining of season 4 finally beginning to trap tirak made me giggle with excitement. Just seeing him makes me giddy. But then he was convinced to fall back on his friendship with fluttershy. But after twilight demanded her friends released.... all of them released it makes me feel like the magic of friendship got to him. He will always be a prankster but I feel he will be a main asset in the future not as a prankster that is looking for fun, but as a friend to all of the main six. I hope at least.

Edited by aurabullet10

Well, I'd still like Discord to struggle with his chaotic nature a bit, I like that conflict, but you're dead on with the defending Fluttershy thing.  That would be so freaking adorable that I would die of feels.  I ship Fluttercord so pudging hard, man.

Just to see flutterbat again would be sweet. And Ironwill in a spa would make my day. I can imagine his horns getting buffed by a sander.

Seeing discord at the begining of season 4 finally beginning to trap tirak made me giggle with excitement. Just seeing him makes me giddy. But then he was convinced to fall back on his friendship with fluttershy. But after twilight demanded her friends released.... all of them released it makes me feel like the magic of friendship got to him. He will always be a prankster but I feel he will be a main asset in the future not as a prankster that is looking for fun, but as a friend to all of the main six. I hope at least.

Now there's an image. "IRON WILL does not like having his HOOVES TOUCHED!" :D

I'm sure we'll see Discord in Season 5.

I think he has to be friendlier in season 5. That is, if the main six treat him a friend. The reason I didn't mind Discord being a jerk in season 4, was because the main six were just as bad, if not worser to Discord.

If the main six treat him as a friend, and Discord is still acting like a jerk, yeah, that won't end well.

PS: I don't want that Discord never is messing with people again, he should still do that, but not as much as in season 4 

Google for "Yay Ponies".

It should be the first entry.

I was afraid of that. My phone cannot handle downloads like that :(

I am going to have to wait for my laptop then

Thanks though!

Edited by Buck Testa

Discord's re-reformation in the finale was infinetly more legit than Keep Calm and Flutter On, and now, chronlogically, Keep Calm and Flutter on is a bit more redeemed for it's suddenness in reforming Discord, because at the time it wasn't permament, after all. The ponies got him accept friendship, but he was never really 100% reformed because he haden't experienced things like betrayal and loss, both of which he got in the finale.

So in short, yes. I, and many more people than before, would be happy to see Discord being more pal-y with the main ponies and other characters. As long as he doesn't lose the core of his nature of being a witty troll, I don't mind how much of a pony loving in-show brony he becomes x)

I would like to see that too, and more Fluts/Discord. I actually thought the Friends Forever comic with CMC/Discord was just brilliant. They made him an honorary CMC member there. That was a great use of Discord's nature and the CMC's complimentary one. I'd like to see more of them together, more hijinks, and more Discord interacting with Celestia -- so much history there. They're the great figures in Equestria so it would be so cool to see them interact informally.

Edited by Heliodor

I was afraid of that. My phone cannot handle downloads like that :(

I am going to have to wait for my laptop then

Thanks though!

Well, you could use youtube too.

I may be not the best thing but it usually works on the most phones.

I would totally go for more discord episodes. His character is so much fun to watch so more episodes of discord and his antics is always good!

Maybe to flesh out the more 'reformed' part of himself there could be an episode where the mane six rely on his help to save something. Maybe in a scenario where he has to choose to halt his chaotic ways for a moment to help them.

Well, you could use youtube too.

I may be not the best thing but it usually works on the most phones.

Ooh thank you very much. I suppose youtube will do for now cause after that vid I am REALLY interested in what else is in there.