Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do some Bronies hate the intro?

CosmicHooves

What's the deal with the intro to MLP ?

Some Bronies say it's too "girly" for them.

Really?

Isn't that what we said about MLP in the first place?

My personal opinion about the intro is that it's catchy and it send out a possitive message about friendship.

post-25645-0-92866800-1408206489.jpg

• Brohoof 17

I personally love the intro and hope they keep the same song but change the intro animation to adapt to changes that occur each new season.

We all have different preferences, and while I think it's perfectly fine not to like the intro, I disagree that it should be changed in tone or nature. If there was a new intro song, I would hope that it keeps the same theme and properly introduces the concept of the show just like the current one does.

• Brohoof 6

I dislike it cause it's not catchy in any way.

The lyrics are tired,and the animation isn't exciting.

Compare it to the Italian and Japanese intro and you'll see what I mean.

Edited by Janitor Jack
  • Brohoof 7

Well, I don't hate the into. I actually like it.

For me though, it's also somewhat forgettable. The message is good & all, but when I compare it to some like Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go and Blazing Dragons...it just kinda lacks something that makes it memorable.

Personally, I really don't find it girly, just forgettable.

I sing along with the intro every single time.

However some people think it doesn't fit the show. They think it's too girly and doesn't do a good job of explaining what the show is about. I could agree that the intro is a bit cheesy, but I can't help but love it anyway. It brings a smile to my face every time I hear it. Not the best intro ever, but pretty good.

I also like the way it's presented in season 4. With Twilight as a unicorn hopping out of the balloon at the start, and then being an Alicorn at the end. Some people say they were just too lazy to change it, but I think it's a nice way to show the journey she's been on since the show started. Showing just how far she's come.

• Brohoof 2

I dislike it cause it's not catchy in any way.

The lyrics are tired,and the animation isn't exciting.

Compare it to the Italian and Japanese intro and you'll see what I mean.

I don't like it because it isn't very catchy and it's kind of short. I prefer the Italian and Japanese intro.

I remember when I got into a phase where I was watching a bunch of videos of My Little Pony in alternate languages, and I of course ran through the introductions...

We all have our opinions, but I have to disagree. I think it's just because I find the introductions to be too long and I honestly just don't like the songs. I think that the songs don't fit with the spirit of the show at all. The Italian one's lyrics definitely explain the show, can't argue with that. The Japanese one is catchy. But both themes recycle clips from the show for their introductions instead of having a custom intro animation, and the Japanese one follows the typical Japanese formula of using a pop song that has nothing to do with the show.

• Brohoof 2

I hate it because it's not catchy whatsoever; it's just a theme song, not everyone is going to like it.

If you want to hear a real intro, though... 

Edited by Mami Tomoe
  • Brohoof 3

When did Bronies start hating the intro? I remember a lot of people not wanting it to change when season 4 was upon us. Me, I like it. It is straight to the point on what the show is about and it showcases a ton of characters, at least in the letter at the end of it. That is the season 4 onwards intro. Even before S4 I liked it. Never had much to complain about.

• Brohoof 2

I remember when I got into a phase where I was watching a bunch of videos of My Little Pony in alternate languages, and I of course ran through the introductions...

We all have our opinions, but I have to disagree. I think it's just because I find the introductions to be too long and I honestly just don't like the songs. I think that the songs don't fit with the spirit of the show at all. The Italian one's lyrics definitely explain the show, can't argue with that. The Japanese one is catchy. But both themes recycle clips from the show for their introductions instead of having a custom intro animation, and the Japanese one follows the typical Japanese formula of using a pop song that has nothing to do with the show.

I don't care if it does recycle clips from the show.

It does a better job at explaining the show than the American version.

All the US version explains is that there's 6 ponies who are friends.

That's all it explains.

Not to mention the Italian and Japanese versions are fast,catchy,and colorful.

The US version is slow,boring,and tedious to watch.

I skip it every time I watch the show.

Just my opinion on that matter.

Edited by Mystery

I don't like it because it isn't very catchy and it's kind of short. I prefer the Italian and Japanese intro.

Indeed, you guys beat me to it, lol.   However, yes, I too dislike the intro b/c its short and isn't catchy.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, FiM's theme is acceptably whimsical and girly, but if you want a catchy theme song that forces you to sing along against your will, G3 is the answer.

Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

• Brohoof 2

Right, ready to here my deepest darkest pony secret?

I LIKE THE INTRO. Especially the conflicted voices in the main chorus.

I just skip it every time because it's loud.

Loud + non-sound-cancelling headphones = "<My Name>, is that... My Little Pony?

Edited by Neon Vinyl Scratch
  • Brohoof 1

Thanks to this topic for introducing me to the italian theme! Good lord that one is amazing and catchy. I do not mind the American version but Italy got it going on.

As for the theme for season five they should get Tay Zonday to sing it :P

Some Bronies say it's too "girly" for them.

Really?

Isn't that what we said about MLP in the first place?

The show is (or was) girly, but not as much as the opening.

The opening is by far the girliest and the most cringeworthy thing of the show. -_-

When did Bronies start hating the intro? I remember a lot of people not wanting it to change when season 4 was upon us. Me, I like it. It is straight to the point on what the show is about and it showcases a ton of characters, at least in the letter at the end of it. That is the season 4 onwards intro. Even before S4 I liked it. Never had much to complain about.

Maybe because of Twilight's Kingdom?

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

I hate it because it relates to the original but mostly because it sounds RIDICULOUS to me. Like i the level of ridiculous that i have when i see Detective Monk doing something ridiculous and i need to turn away because it sounds too "lame" for me.