Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do some Bronies hate the intro?

CosmicHooves

I don't hate it. I usually skip it, but I do that with every show I watch. :P

I don't think it's catchy, but I don't mind watching it. I try to skip the theme while watching it around my parents. If I do, they'll think the show is girly as it seems.

• 1 year later...

Never liked the intro. At all, really.

Yes, really, it's too girly for me. Say what you will about sending messages about friendship, but it's not for me. The show is usually ok, though.

Edited by Eko

Disregard my other posts.

People hate it,cause it's boring and girly. 

I really could care less about the intro. Since,I find myself skipping it every time. 

But,I do that with other shows,too. Even my favorites. 

I love the intro the animation just needs to change with the season.
That being said i don't like it as much if someone were to walk in one me suddenly when it's playing, guess even though I've got mlp posters and figures every where there's still a teenie bit of "What me? No!"

As much as we like to say we're proud many people if suddenly confronted will probably try to deny it feeling uncomfortable even with close friends, i know it's like that with me at least.

post-34501-0-01521800-1443653600.jpg

I find the intro to be too "girly", I always cringe and undergo a micro manly crisis before I'm able to skip past it.

It's hard to say exactly what it's about it that does this, but I can definitely say that the intro isn't very representable of the show itself.

It's the bookends.

The opening few seconds and the last moments are everything that the show tries to get away from, but paint a picture that is reminiscent of previous generations and the stereotype of what 'girly' is.

I think it's that contrast that sets a lot of people off.

While that is a good proportion of why I disike it, setting aside any preconceptions, there's also the excessively whimsical and carefree nature of it that clashes with the problem/conflict based storytelling that G4 is so strong in.

It's all about perspective. Some see it as girly, and that's a reasonable position. Others have grown used to it and don't mind it at all. I can see how it is girly/cheesy, although it doesn't bother me to watch it. I've watched it over a hundred times at this point.

• Brohoof 1

What's the deal with the intro to MLP ?

Some Bronies say it's too "girly" for them.

Really?

Isn't that what we said about MLP in the first place?

My personal opinion about the intro is that it's catchy and it send out a possitive message about friendship.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hi, as this topic pertains to the intro of the show, it has been moved to Show Discussion.

I used to like it but after hearing it a billion times its annoying so I skip it. But I don't really dislike it. Idk would be nice to change it from time to time to give a reason to listen to it.

Here are a couple of Reasons why

1. The intro song is very bland. They could have did better with a good intro song that is about friendship and use scenes from previous seasons in that intro.

2. They could have done the visuals better. As I said in reason 1, scenes from the show would actually make a good introduction.

Edited by superdogz1999

Not a big fan of the condensed TV version, but the full version is pretty varied and has a well defined arc. I love the pop punk influenced Rhythm section, notably the drums. It's kind of rad in a weird way, considering the overall tone of the song. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm ok with the theme, but wow, the Japanese really know how to do intros. Their X-men intro is supremely more awesome than the western one, even if it doesn't completely make sense.

It's waaay to cheesy!

And they've never changed the intro for 5 seasons! Well they do...But only a tiny bit! If they changed the animation or song then I would like it! I like the Equestria girls opening as that's a remix of the mlp theme!