Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Goriest Rated Teen Anything?

JamesBobbyDReed

What is the goriest Rated Teen movie or game?

I saw a PG13 movie of Abraham Lincoln that featured a soilders intestines carved out.

Happy Tree friends despite showing organs and severed limbs is rated TV14

The same goes for 1000 ways to die which has live actors.

Exactly HOW MUCH violence can we get away in a rated Teen anything?

I think the standards are always changing. Back in the '80s, a PG rated movie could show breasts (multiple times, whether it's the actresses baring themselves or just pictures/posters on the set) and be completely acceptable. We may just be moving into a time where excessive gore and violence is deemed not as much of a big deal. There are kids who watch or play things far above their 'maturity level' even when they're not supposed to,so most people probably figure it's not worth censoring as much anymore.

Watership Down. A classic story and animated movie about fluffy rabbits who are savage, brutal and cruel to each other. The imagery is quite shocking for anyone who assumed it was a kids story.

• Brohoof 3

I'd say Princess Mononoke. I watched it as a kid and honestly, I don't think I ever got the boar king's bloody throw up episode out of my head...  :wau:

• Brohoof 3

I guess this doesn't really count since it's a book, but Lord of the Flies messed me up, and that's usually assigned for middle school aged kids to read. It's pretty graphic, with the kids' deaths and their torture of that pig. Eugh,a classic, but nightmarish.

• Brohoof 2

In the game Second Sight, which was initially rated Teen, if you kill an enemy and walk over their body you will start leaving bloody footprints when walking around for a bit... creepy. :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Star Wars: Republic Commando was pretty violent for a Teen Rated game (it was pretty violent for a Star Wars game as well!)

You stab Trandoshans with your wrist blade, and blood splatters onto your helmet. Pretty gruesome (but also pretty sweet lol)

Man, that was a great game...

Grave of the fireflies is sad and brutal but is UR at times but I've seen old vhs boxes with a pg-13 rating. Also app entry toonami has labeled attack on titan TV 14. So yeah lol.

Edited by Cyberhoof

Yeah, it's hard to think One Piece and DBZ are actually considered kids shows in japan.

One piece no longer is. It airs at prime time ever sense the impel down arc when puffy was tortured with the poison. Hasn't gotten to hunter hunter level yet but it's getting close. Lol

One piece no longer is. It airs at prime time ever sense the impel down arc when puffy was tortured with the poison. Hasn't gotten to hunter hunter level yet but it's getting close. Lol

Do you know what time though? I heard anything airing before 10pm or so is considered kid-friendly in japan is considered kid-friendly in japan. Besides, it's not like prime-time kids shows don't exist.

Edited by TheMisterManGuy

Do you know what time though? I heard anything airing before 10pm or so is considered kid-friendly in japan is considered kid-friendly in japan. Besides, it's not like prime-time kids shows don't exist.

It's like pg to PG-13 when it airs after 5 I think so kids can watch it but it's parental discretion. And I thin one piece airs at like 6 or 7. Once it hits 9 tho you go into kill LA kill and Tokyo ghoul and all that.

• 3 months later...

The new Robocop movie was probably the most violent PG-13 movie I've ever seen. Would very likely have gotten an R rating 10-20 years ago, maybe even less.

I just don't understand why they had to make it PG-13 anyway, aside from the fact that PG-13 movies tend to make more money than R movies. Seriously though. Robocop is not for kids, it never was and it never will be. I'd have more thoroughly enjoyed a graphic, gritty, no-holds-barred remake that was rated R or higher. 

Minority Report is another PG-13 movie I've seen that was unusually intense for movies with that rating.

The new Robocop movie was probably the most violent PG-13 movie I've ever seen. Would very likely have gotten an R rating 10-20 years ago, maybe even less.

I just don't understand why they had to make it PG-13 anyway, aside from the fact that PG-13 movies tend to make more money than R movies. Seriously though. Robocop is not for kids, it never was and it never will be. I'd have more thoroughly enjoyed a graphic, gritty, no-holds-barred remake that was rated R or higher. 

Minority Report is another PG-13 movie I've seen that was unusually intense for movies with that rating.

the sad part was that the original movie was Rated-R. Have no clue why the reboot was PG 13

• Brohoof 1