What color would/do you dye your hair?

Phoenix Flair

My parents wont let me but if I could I would dye it black with purple streaks, my natural hair is extremely dark brown, a lot of people mistake it for black when they first meet me.

I'd like to dye my hair a vibrant shade of red some day. Not all of it, just some of it. Maybe the hair on the top of my head, or the bangs. Those grow out longer anyways. I'll keep the sides and back my natural raven black color. And I don't want to dye my roots either. I want my hair to look like red fire coming up from a black core.

The only problem is, my mother and maybe most of my family might not approve of it. Not that I need any of their permission. I'm an adult, perfectly capable of doing whatever I want. But I don't want to feel like an outcast in my own family just because I'm expressing creativity, and there are worse things out there than a man with partially dyed hair.

Edited by Samurai Equine

I know for a fact that my hair wouldn't look good with hair dye... but I've always wanted some sort of light/pastel blue streaked in my hair somewhere.  :wau:

Edited by PrincessWubsyButt~
  • Brohoof 2

I have a hereditary hair de-pigmentation, courtesy of my late father. When he was 27 - when he first met my mother- he already had a fully white hair. I'm 24, and, while i see streaks of white here and there, most of my hair is it's natural brown - and fading to gray. I'm considering to dye my hair the same color it's used to be, dark brown, when i lose all my colors.

• 3 years later...

If someday my hair start getting white by age I'm going to dye it but I don't know the color yet or the number for my hair that would be later still

I love my hair right now I don't need to dye it yet I'm fine like that

But if that were the case I would dye it light brown

Edited by QueenMaikaHiyama

I never die my hair, and probably never will. I'm perfectly happy with my natural hair color. :sunshower: BUT I did dye part of my hair blue once, and it was fun. Looked pretty cool on me too. 

Right now I'm just planning to keep dyeing my hair brown to hide my natural hair color that I really don't like almost at all. My roots are starting to show up again so I think it's time to dye it again soon. And chop off some excess hair in the process too.