Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the one thing you look for in a special somepony?

Phoenix Flair

He has to be nice, caring, intelligent, share interests with me, and have a drive if you know what I mean... :mlp_smug:

My boyfriend fits every requirement, most of them really well. :wub:

Edited by Dusky, the Boy Queen

I think the most important thing to me is the ability to understand that I'm about as assertive as a radish. I'll never tell anyone to do anything, and I'll rarely ask anyone to do anything. So basically, they would have to be okay with the fact that most of my actions are limited to reactions.

Other than that, loyalty, honesty, kindness, at least some similar interests, and dominance are musts.

Creativity, humor, intelligence, chivalry, monogamy, dignity, logic and conviction are all important. But since the thread asks for only one thing, I'd go with faith; without that foundation nothing else really matters.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 years later...

I also have to go with passion. By this I mean in the accomplishing goals sort of thing not the romantic. My biggest passions right now are finally getting an apartment and finally affording a car that doesn’t have a lot of issues with it. 

It is in hopes of finally accomplishing these things that gets me through the day. Goals that I remind myself of when dealing with the nonsense at work.

Envisioning myself in a place of my own, with a nice car and not living off the same four foods every single week. That’s what I’m passionate about accomplishing. Making a better life for myself.

It doesn’t have to be things like my examples. It could be being passionate about a hobby. Having a love for writing and planning on publishing a book or obtaining a certain position at work.

Im not looking to be someone’s world, I’m looking to be a part of it. However I’m also not looking for someone who doesn’t want to do anything with themselves.

Maybe what your passionate about lines up with some of mine or I can help you achieve yours. If not I can certainly be supportive of whatever goals or dreams you may have. 

• Brohoof 2

Okay I'll say it, one thing that majority seem to have well perhaps no interest in is actually being able to hold up an interesting conversation. No, no and no a "yeah" or "haha" is not a conversation like seriously I believe to get anywhere with anyone to begin with you have to be able to talk then you can look out for say certain attributes to the person. Though I am serious when I say, communication is key to a healthy relationship right therefore if people have trouble doing so not in a relationship with you then yeah just don't do it dudes. 

I feel maybe it is the smartphones or something people have forgotten how to communicate of course everyone has to understand that especially now with these dating apps talking to a girl that's talking to hundred if not hundreds of guys same time as you is never truly going to be invested in you. What to look for is well someone willing to invest in you, to give you time of their day a rare commodity sure but not so rare. You want loyalty you need communications, you want trust you need communication, you want to share something you need communication it is essentially the most important aspect to any friendship or relationship.

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Fluttershyfan94 said:

Okay I'll say it, one thing that majority seem to have well perhaps no interest in is actually being able to hold up an interesting conversation. No, no and no a "yeah" or "haha" is not a conversation like seriously I believe to get anywhere with anyone to begin with you have to be able to talk then you can look out for say certain attributes to the person. Though I am serious when I say, communication is key to a healthy relationship right therefore if people have trouble doing so not in a relationship with you then yeah just don't do it dudes. 

I feel maybe it is the smartphones or something people have forgotten how to communicate of course everyone has to understand that especially now with these dating apps talking to a girl that's talking to hundred if not hundreds of guys same time as you is never truly going to be invested in you. What to look for is well someone willing to invest in you, to give you time of their day a rare commodity sure but not so rare. You want loyalty you need communications, you want trust you need communication, you want to share something you need communication it is essentially the most important aspect to any friendship or relationship.

I agree. With dating apps especially now its very hard to get worthwhile communication going. 

• Brohoof 2