Favorite Rarity Song?

ghostfacekiller39

37 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Rarity Song?

• Art of the Dress
    • Becoming Popular
    • Generosity

Rarity... :wub:

She's got such a lovely singing voice - Kazumi Evans has the pipes of a goddess, eh? 

Anyway, Rarity has sung 3 songs of her own throughout the series - "Art of the Dress" from Season 1's "Suited for Success," "Becoming Popular" from Season 2's "Sweet & Elite" and "Generosity" from Season 4's "Rarity Takes Manehattan" :D

They're all wonderful, wonderful songs in my opinion, but "Becoming Popular" is my personal favorite :D It's so catchy and beautiful, I just can't help but grin like an idiot whenever I hear it :D

So...what's your favorite Rarity song? :D

Also, all reprises count as part of the original song. So if you loved seeing Rarity singing walking around wet-maned in Manehattan singing the reprise of "Generosity" or preferred the reprise of "Art of the Dress" compared to the original song, just go ahead and slap that vote down for the song as a whole ;)

• Brohoof 4

I would have to pick Becoming Popular even though it is short it is soo catchy and memorable and was my favorite song in the show before A True True Friend stole it's title.  Also it was one of the first things that I knowingly enjoyed about the show when I started getting into when season 2 and marathoned the show on youtube until I finished A Friend in Deed which was the latest episode out at the time.

I still really love it a lot and it is definitely the highlight of Sweet and Elite for me.

I would have to rank the songs in this order: Becoming Popular, Art of the Dress, Generosity.

Also how has no one made this topic before? I mean Rarity obviously has the best singing voice out of the entire cast of this show.

• Brohoof 4

[This post is hidden. No offense to anyone, but I am no longer part of the community and no longer wish to be an (active) part of the forums. I treasure the friendships I made along the way. Thank you!]

Edited by CadetGrey
  • Brohoof 4

Becoming Popular. If only because the last few lines got stuck in my head for a good damn while.  :maud:

Cause im the type of pony, yes im the type of pooooooooony,  
Yes im the type of pony everypony should knooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.  

:maud:

....fuck..now its stuck in my head again.  :maud:

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 5

Love them all, Rarity has best overall singing voice (though if Ashleigh Ball put out a country album using her AJ singing voice; I'd buy it in a second)... If I had I pick though... Becoming popular! Just a great catchy song and oh so true! Rates is totally the type of pony everypony should know! Because to know her is to love her! That's a different song; I know; but seriously! If people took thetime to understand her instead of writing her off they would love her! So she's literally the type of pony everypony should know...

• Brohoof 3

I love all of them! :D Rarity has my favorite singing voice out of all the ponies in the show.

If I had to pick a favorite, it would be Art of the Dress. :please: It shows how generous Rarity really is, and is able to do that without directly saying she's generous (like the Generosity song, which is still really pretty though). Becoming Popular is my next favorite; it shows off Rarity's hopes and dreams very well, and it's so catchy too! :D

• Brohoof 4

Gotta be Generosity.

Art of the Dress was my favorite until Generosity came along. Mostly for nostalgic reasons though. It introduced "20% cooler," which is one of the most memetic sayings we have. There's something about Generosity though that just strikes me as very inspirational, and it's remixed better than either of her other two songs, imo.

• Brohoof 4

Ghostie! This is not a fair topic.

:confused:

It's a close call for me. All three of these songs are Daniel Ingram at his best, and he knows what he has with Kazumi Evans and uses that to his advantage. 

Art of the Dress - Featured in the episode that literally changed my opinion of Rarity, this song became that ninja ear worm that crept in and attacked me whilst working. I had just started watching the show again and after doing a mini marathon of some hand picked episodes, I found myself actually humming this at work. It was the moment that I realized I'd just been hooked. The song itself goes from Rarity singing about her favorite concepts behind her chosen art ... and it ends with her lamenting the flaws and pain of creating art for others. Every artist in this fandom has or will likely felt/feel a little like Rarity at one point.

• Extremely catchy tune
  • Showcases that Rarity is not just a fashion pony, but an artist and business mare
  • The reprise becomes both a meta commentary and is instantly to anyone who does commission artwork
  • The song reprise progressed the actual story! That is rare in animation and is not always used to great effect. It was here (20% cooler anyone).

Becoming Popular - Another episode that moved the chain in respect to Rarity's position on my personal MLP list. It is probably the best technically performed song (the note during the zoom in on the Castle).

• Felt a little late 80's and gave me the nostalgia vibe big time.
  • The little touches in this like Blueblood made this song an instant rewind.
  • Focused on one of Rarity's hidden desires/motivations. To be known. To not be forgotten perhaps?
  • French/Beatnik Rarity is best Rarity
  • Rarity gets a Disney 'I want song' :please:

Generosity - This episode (which I hadn't seen yet when I had joined MLP Forums) was what catapulted Rarity to Best Pony for me. Without the reprise, the song is well done, and I enjoy it greatly. The reprise is what pushes this song to new heights (since I have to combine the two anyway). The first portion is Rarity's entire world view laid bare. Her generosity is as much a part of her as her right hoof. The reprise shows what happens when you find all your basic beliefs in life are challenged - with no one left to turn to. The somber melody to that ... post-25990-0-12843000-1410060907.png

• Spike moment is great
  • Showcases how Rarity views other people and her self
  • So many Easter eggs in a viewing! From grumpy cat to Daniel Ingram actually voicing a character
  • Wet Mane Rarity
  • Reprise was Cobra Commissioned Feels Dominator. So much love for that portion.

As you can see all three songs in the Rarity Trilogy focus on a separate and important aspect of her character. Her craft, her desires, her optimistic view. These are all connected by theme and characterization, but are topics that can (and are) explored deeper individually.

Sooooo ... who wins my fav? The one that made be realize I was a Brony, the better overall song, or the one that elevated the character to Best Pony?

Nostalgia and revelation win. Art of the Dress is still my favorite. :D

• Brohoof 4

I think Generosity really captured the essence of who Rarity is the best of the three, so I would say it's my favorite. And I just really love the music of it as well as Kazumi's always stellar singing.

You really can't go wrong with any of them though. The other two are incredibly catchy and fun to sing along with. :D

• Brohoof 3