Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Silverhoof

Names For The Bat Ponies  

105 users have voted

1. 1. What Should The Bat Ponies Be Called?

• Thestrals
    • Nocturnes
    • Vamponies
    • Lunar Pegasai
    • Other?

attachicon.gifbat pony.png

So little has been done with this canon race, that they are neglected in the fandom. I think bat ponies are cooler than pegasi...but that's just me.

Post you Bat Pony OCs here and even Flutterbat pics are welcome.

We already have a topic on Bat Ponies here  in the Pony Fan Clubs. Locking  Merging this as Fan Clubs cannot be duplicated. 

Changed my mind since this was started first. :)

Oh hey.

Didn't notice this before, haha.

Glad to see the bat ponies get their own fan club.  ;)

Oh hey.

Didn't notice this before, haha.

Glad to see the bat ponies get their own fan club.  ;)

Too bad the bat pony craze died down. They rarely are brough up anymore, while topics about them popep like crazy from Luna Eclipsed to mid S3. Man, I'd really like they to finally show up this season 

@@Steve Piranha

Ehh, if nothing else, I think they'll stay alive in the fan communities. There's a good chunk of 'em cropping up, and if they become a little too popular I think it'd kill their charm.  :smug:

@@Steve Piranha

Ehh, if nothing else, I think they'll stay alive in the fan communities. There's a good chunk of 'em cropping up, and if they become a little too popular I think it'd kill their charm.  :smug:

Still, it wouldn't kill the writers to put at least one episode with bat ponies, I don't care if they'll be background or watheber, but I'll be great if the series has canon bat ponies aside of those two lunar guards  :huh:

• Brohoof 1

@@Steve Piranha

How is that going to kill their charm exactly? mlp-preally.png

@, there is a point where something can be used/popularized/etc to the point of feeling watered down and uninteresting. It's why I would rather keep background characters in the background (for a closer comparison).

If Lyra or Bonbon got a ton of screen time, or their exact relationship was legitimized/made cannon, I think they'd be less fun to read about or play around with. There's a ton of potential in vagueness and obscurity that's lost when you make things concrete.  :) I'm not saying it'd be better for them to never show up, just that I am content with them being a rare little gem, or shiny thing found in the corners of the fandom.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

@@Emerald Star,

So would i, nice oc btw. 

They need to show them in a future episode, just once would be a joy.

The upcoming 100th episode perhaps? (after all, this is an episode to pander the fanbase, it would be a sin to not include at least the Nightmare Night Lunar guards  :dash: ). Or maybe the supposed Nightmare Night Episode coming later  :ooh: ? OOOOORRRR, the next cutie map episode?  :adorkable: . Well, I don't give a f"$k which one, ME WANT BAT PONEH  :angry:

EDIT:

42.png

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Yeah, when in the hay well get more bat poneh in the show?  >_>

yeah i hope they understand fast than batponys have a lot of potential for the serie (and than they are sooooo cute  :wub: )

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know bat poneh are largely forgotten for the rest of the year these days, in contrast to season 2 where they were crazy popular since those two guards pulled Luna's carriage in Luna's Eclipse, but let's make an effort to not forget them and hope for their return in the show, please  :kindness:

HappyNightmareNightbyowlity-861890977.pnMidnightStarbydigimonlover1011568910277.SkyDrawsbyxWhiteDreamsx-74952744.png

:SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE: THAT FILLY IS YAWNING, AND SHE'S SHOWING HER CUTE FANGS   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

TalebeforesleepbySirzi-346040618.png

• Brohoof 1