Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony got some stories about meeting other Bronies?

Cheez-It the Pegasus

I don't meet other bronies that often. This might be my only story. :muffins:

At school, my friends and I were all sitting at a table for lunch. This girl (who I knew liked MLP, but she didn't know that I liked it too) randomly said "MY LITTLE PONY IS AWESOME". I smiled and brohoofed her. Seconds later, the whole table was talking about the show.

I don't know if the girl got the idea that I'm a brony (since I brohoofed her). But it felt good! I hope something similar happens again. :)

• Brohoof 3

Back in July I went to comic-con and saw the MLP panel (This was  the first time I did anything brony-related aside from the internet) and then wanted to go get some pony-merch. I was walking by one of the comic booths and saw they had some of the MLP comics. I was literally freaking out inside because I didn't want to get judged by all the people walking around the booth. I was about to leave when a random brony came up and told me that he also watched the show and reminded me how cool people in this fandom can be and I wasn't really afraid of being judged for being a brony anymore

• Brohoof 2

I could just tell you about Bronycon, but that's boring and predictable for the most part for those of you who have been to conventions.  Instead, I will tell you about the time my roommate and I met up with two forum members during a trip to San Fran this year.  After a bit of texting tag, we all met up. Troblems arrived on the scene first with her husband and Thrash showed up a few minutes later with his sister. I was so glad everybody who promised to show up made it! :D It was an honor to have them too. And aside from a Derpy wristband and a couple of smart phone covers, you’d never know this was a Brony gathering. I was originally hoping for a reprise of my 2006 San Francisco visit with dinner at Rainforest Cafe. But once Jaime saw there was also a Hard Rock Cafe in the vicinity, she asked if we’d be willing to eat there instead and everybody agreed. Hard Rock’s hurricane glasses and pins are great collectibles and each location has unique designs. The music inside was rather loud but not bad enough to stifle conversation. The loudest Hard Rock I have ever been to was the one in Baltimore. There it’s like being at a concert and everyone has to shout to be heard over the music. :angry:

Afterward it was time to shop and I think everybody got some souvenirs along with a few jackets as an almost cold sea breeze kicked in. The sea lions were also out today, barking up a storm. :lol: Jaime and I also took a spin on Pier 39’s famed carousel. As night descended on the Bay Area, it was time for us to be going. We were originally hoping to take a cable car back to the Powell Street BART station for the return trip to our hotel. But it turned out that the cable cars weren’t running today. :( Thankfully Troblems’ husband was kind enough to give us a lift to BART in their car instead.

For what it's worth, I had one very interesting encounter at Bronycon this year.  I saw my coworker there and I was amazed to find out that she was a fan too.  It turned out that she and her husband brought their daughter to Baltimore.  Awesome!  :D 

• Brohoof 2

I've got a couple mystery minis on my desk at work. I was working late one night, and a fellow student came over to my desk to chat and halfway through the conversation he spotted them and went: OMG. LYRA AND BONBON! I was so excited, and asked him if he watched MLP. He freaked out, said no, and changed the subject. 

...pretty suspicious if you ask me :P  But in all seriousness, I wish no fan had to feel ashamed of liking My Little Pony. 

• Brohoof 2

Don't really have a story of meeting one outside of cons.  But I wear an alicorn amulet pendant while at work and I did have a girl recognize where it was from.

Edited by Kuyon

2012, just got back from school after christmas break and this girl whose been in my steel drums class all year is wearing a rainbow dash t-shirt with "20% cooler" on it. I point to her shirt and say 
"nice shirt" because I was and still am awkward about liking mlp (other people were near and I was self conscious af) and at first she thought I was talking about her boobs but I clarified that I was a brony. One thing led to another and she became my girlfriend. And needless to say I stopped skipping school.

Edited by NotoriousSMALL

Well, there's this one time I went to go see Rainbow Rocks, where 80% of the people there were bronies (and there were ALOT of people there), with the bronies at my school. All the bronies would shout out "derpy!" and "octavia!" and "vynil!" every time they appeared on screen. So I decide to be a troll and say "... is overrated" every time they shouted out "Derpy!" or "Octavia" or "Vinyl!". And every time I said that, my friend sitting next to me would flip my hat over and I had to pick it up every single time he flipped over my hat. 

I also shouted out: "AJ IS BEST BACKROUND PONY" after the movie was over, and they all yelled at me. One of them said: "You know what? you can just suck this." and then pointed towards his dick. The president of the brony club at my school was an AJ-Tard, and he said: "That is the oldest joke in brony history." 

So yeah, that's the most interesting story I have come across so far.