Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Most Hated Fictional Characters (Live Action and Animated)

TheAnimationFanatic

There's Scrappy-Doo who is so bad that he's become the gold standard of bad characters and a Trope Namer.

In this show, I'd have to say Snips and Snails, who in contrast to the strong, developed characters this show has put forth are stereotypical, dumb, undeveloped, and dare I say offensive.

• Brohoof 1

Momo Hinamori: Bleach

I never liked her,  she was dull and mindless following Aizen with

out a question and turned on her best friend and brother....

Also in coma for most the bloody anime and popped up

in the battle and was nothing more than a meat

bag....

Brian Griffin. He exists only to be a shameless author avatar for the idiot goblin king that is Seth MacFarlene. The writers try to make him the "voice of reason," but if that cliche wasn't already annoying enough, his arguments are so ridiculous and so fallacious that you'd think the show was written by someone on the far right, and Brian was meant to be the liberal strawman.

When the writers actually think that the game-winning argument in all religious debate is "Meg is ugly, therefore God's existence is impossible," you know we're dealing with some real skilled individuals.

Brian Griffin is the summation, the end product of every bad character trope and lazy writing cliche all chemically compounded into one. He is, without a doubt, the worst fictional character ever.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

- Every character in the show Brickeberry.

Joffrey Baratheon (Game of Thrones) - Do I even have to say why? He was spoiled, vicious, incompetent, and worst of all he was a spineless coward. Props to The actor for playing him so well.

Buck (Chicken Little) - This character was cruel, mean-spirited and a horrible father.

Cersei Lannister (Gane of Thrones) - She's cruel, annoying, and certifiably insane.

Sasuke (Naruto) - His mop downtrodden personality made him an absolute bore in the show.

Venus De Milo (Ninja Turtles : The Next Mutation) - Outside of just being a potential love interest for the turtles, She was a boring mary-sue who made the main turtles completely useless. Fortunately, since the show's cancellation, she's been erased from the continuity never to appear again.

Edited by Theanimationfanatic

I don't have too many fictional characters I hate. Even universally hated characters like Scrappy-Doo and Jar Jar Binks I never really had a problem with

The only characters I've ever had a seething hatred for (aside from lame one-shots like Trenderhoof) are most of Family Guy's cast and Sasuke from Naruto. 

• Brohoof 1

Peter Parker/Spider-Man from Sam Rami's Spider-Man trilogy. Through out that whole series he played a spineless wimp who hardly ever stood up for himself and was a walking doormat. Also the scenes where he's just staring at Mary Jane with a dopey expression on his face makes me wanna punch him. 

Gibby from iCarly is another character I hate. He worked fine in small doses, but when they had the ''genius'' idea of making him part of the main cast he got annoying really quick. 

Brian Griffon: He's basically a big stereotype of what conservatives think liberals are like. He's just a mouth piece for Seth MacFarlane to force in his political and social views, which can be pretty skewed at points.

Lucy Van Pelt: She's the girl from Peanuts who pulls the football away from Charlie Brown. After watching Rowdy Reviewer review the Peanuts special, I've realized how big of jerk she is. Well, most of the characters in that show are jerks.

Most of the characters from CatDog: Most of these jerks feel like they're made up specifically to harm and torture Cat and Dog, even when they don't deserve it.

Patrick Star: He was funny starting out, but then he was turned into a combination of smug, or an idiot. 

Gaston: arrogant villain, doesn't have much of a personality. What else is there to say?

Bully characters in general: Their only purpose in the show is to bully the main character and they don't get that much development outside of that save for a few execptions (Nelson from the Simpsons, Harold from Hey Arnold, Buford from Phineas and Ferb. These are cases when they bully is friends with the main character).

Gibby from iCarly is another character I hate. He worked fine in small doses, but when they had the ''genius'' idea of making him part of the main cast he got annoying really quick. 

Oh, you mean the one joke character where the "joke" is that he runs around with his shirt off? Yeah, they force him into that show way too much.

• Brohoof 1

Most of the characters from CatDog: Most of these jerks feel like they're made up specifically to harm and torture Cat and Dog, even when they don't deserve it.

Can't believe I forgot about the Catdog cast, that show was really sadistic to the main characters, often to the point where it's not funny and is just unpleasant

• Brohoof 1

Pretty much every character in every current Disney and Nickelodeon live action show, it is like a who's who list of Mary Sue/Gary Stu characters. Scrappy Doo for being the Yoko Ono of the Scooby Doo franchise by having this magical ability to ruin everything he touches and being so insanely out of place and one dimensional. Pretty much every Spongebob character since it started to go downhill. Even when that show was good Spongebob could get annoying sometimes but Patrick and Mr Krabs made me laugh and Squidward was unintentionally funny but now they are all shells of their former selves. And finally Snips and Snails for being way more stereotypical than Derpy yet the same people that complained about her don't seem to care.

• Brohoof 2

I'll do this by one character of a TV Show at a time.

First of all, I really, really don't like Snips and Snails.

They're idiots, and they both put Ponyville in Danger and pretty much caused Trixie to lose their JOB, just to prove that she's best pony. They try to be like the "Bill and Ben" of the MLP:FiM series, but are more like "Splatter and Dodge" which isn't a good thing (all 4 of those characters are TTTE characters btw). All they really do is act like idiots and try to suck up to the "cool" girls.

Lady (Thomas and Friends) - Now, I WOULD'VE talked about one of those crappy one-off characters that HiT introduced through Seasons 9-12, but then I thought.. those characters at least HAVE personality. Not much of it, but at least SOME personality. Lady.. has none. She's a horrible plot device for the second worst Thomas film to date, Thomas and the Magic Railroad. She wasn't even originally planned to speak in the movie, which is pretty sad.

Brian Griffin (Modern Family Guy) - Now, I liked him in the first few seasons, but after all the characters suddenly became flanderized, I realized he was nothing but a liberal stereotype. It's especially worse, since I have liberal thoughts, and all I see in him is trying to stereotype liberals because "HERR HERR IT'S FUNE." I really, really wish Family Guy would just get cancelled already. It was meh in the first few seasons, and now it's just plain horrible.

Swaysway and Buhdeuce (Breadwinners) - Horrible show, Horrible characters. They remind me of Spongebob and Patrick, except 100x more annoying. All I needed to say.

Edited by Percy

Light Yagami from Death Note. The epitome of everything wrong with anime/manga characters. He is just too perfect, in every possible way. He is completely unrelatable and unlikable for these reason for me. Plus, he is just cliched out the wazoo in general. He is the perfect psychopath able to thwart the world's greatest detective, but he is also a perfect son, perfect student, and he is also great at sports? Yeah, no thanks. I stopped watching the show eventually because of it, couldn't stand it anymore.

Gary Oak, Jeesus Christ, He is such an annoyance in the first gen Pokemon games. I always like to name him "Ass Clown". Him or Tidus from FF X

Joffrey Baratheon (Game of Thrones) - Do I even have to say why? He was spoiled, vicious, incompetent, and worst of all he was a spineless coward. Props to The actor for playing him so well.

Cersei Lannister (Gane of Thrones) - She's cruel, annoying, and certifiably insane.

Good ol Joff is one of the most insufferable pieces of shit in the entire series. I hate him even more than I hate Ramsey Bolton and Visceries Targarean. His mother isn't that far off either. 

Edited by DATA EXPUNGED

I absolutely cannot stand Bellatrix Lestrange and Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter and I despise Diamond Tiara, Trixie and Trash Sentry.

I'm actually okay with Jar Jar Binks, tough.

Edited by ShadowPirateX

Quagmire- He's a jerk, specially to Brain.

African Girl (from American Dad)- She choose a guy kidnapp her over Steve, cos she a crazy girl.

Lois Parents- Being a** to Peter, specially Lois's dad

Mr Burns- He an ***

Diamond Tiara- What a *****.

Can't think any Live action tv show character I dislike.

In terms of Jar-Jar Binks, I think he felt more like he was rescued from the Scrappy Heap during the Clone Wars and his surprise cameo in The Colbert Report where he took a jab at Then-President George W Bush as well as himself.(BTW, take alook at the Disappeared Part II.  Jar-Jar is a little bit more violent than usual).

Outside of Star Wars, I dunno, I barely have a hated character nowadays.