Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hello everypony! I've requested help a few times now with no luck, so i'm trying again!

I'm just trying to come up with a colour scheme for Amber Dust here (the picture is transparent, so you can drag it over another colour to see her eye shape. Also, either her mane or tail will always be braided. It changes). Here's some information to go with the picture:

Amber's a realist, but still has strong ideals. She's very curious and a little shy, but passionate about discovering new things (her curiosity and wit outweigh her shyness, which could probably get her into sticky situations). She's aspiring to become a designer/artist, but her heart yearns for the thrill of discovery. She's afraid of leaping into new things unprepared, and she has a strong interest in magic, but she's not really any better than the average unicorn. If she were to weild an element, it would be honesty or kindness. She values LOGIC.

And here's some extra info on her potential fighting style!

Her name/theme was inspired a bit by Blue amber, a stone that glows under black light. I was thinking her cutie mark would be said rock, representing "a light in the dark", or hope. I was even considering that her mark (and freckles) would change colour/glow in the dark, but I dunno...I don't want her to be too "special-snowflake"-y. That's all besides the point anyways. 

I'd like blue to be somewhere in her scheme, but the it doesnt necessarily have to be the same shade of blue that I used in my drawing.

4e23a2d66b0340449f79ba3961fdade1-d7vy31q

Here are some songs full of Magic and Mystery that suit her, in my mind.

Yeah. I have a lot prepared behind her, but I'm having a very hard time with colour schemes.

Any and all help is welcome! I'd prefer it if she didn't share body colours with any of the mane six. :/ Thanks for being such a welcoming community!! :3

Anypony? I am in serious need of colour therapy.

http://colorschemedesigner.com/csd-3.5/

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 1

I would say to probably color her coat a real nice violet colour, to kind of blend with her Cutie Mark.

Eyes would probably be the same blue as her Cutie Mark.

As for hair... uh... Probably, make her... Ginger? But not TOO Ginger, or you're doing it wrong.

That's all I have. If there are any more details or if some of the colours appear off to you, just let me know. I'm happy to help in any way I can. Danke, mein freund.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not really an artist, but I took a shot at this one.

I checked out some examples of Blue Amber, and sampled some colors. Ended up with #76BEF6 as a reasonable blue that wasn't too pale or too strong. Plugging that into the color scheme website, I experimented. So I went over to the accented analogic scheme, as that usually throws up a more natural color scheme in my opinion.... then I and futzed around. Here's the result using your starting sketch:

colorscheme.png

colorscheme.png

• Brohoof 2

@Fhaolan

That's a really nice scheme-- I think it might be a bit too light for her though. I think I'm gonna tinker with these colours a bit and see what I can get.

@ retrosteamknight, I'm having a bit of a hard time visualizing yours so I'll test it out too. When you say Ginger, do you mean orange?

@ retrosteamknight, I'm having a bit of a hard time visualizing yours so I'll test it out too. When you say Ginger, do you mean orange?

Well, sort of. I really don't know what the color of the hair would look like, so I took a shot at it. Try and test the colors, PM me the colored pic of your OC if you like what you see, and I'll get back to you on the hair. How's that?

I think these ideas are nice. I still think my idea would be reasonable for a show-designed-for-little-girls-but-has-adopted-a-large-male-fanbase look, but in the end, it's all up to you. If you need any moar assistance, just let me know.

Danke, Mein Freund.

Hello everypony! I've requested help a few times now with no luck, so i'm trying again!

I'm just trying to come up with a colour scheme for Amber Dust here (the picture is transparent, so you can drag it over another colour to see her eye shape. Also, either her mane or tail will always be braided. It changes). Here's some information to go with the picture:

Amber's a realist, but still has strong ideals. She's very curious and a little shy, but passionate about discovering new things (her curiosity and wit outweigh her shyness, which could probably get her into sticky situations). She's aspiring to become a designer/artist, but her heart yearns for the thrill of discovery. She's afraid of leaping into new things unprepared, and she has a strong interest in magic, but she's not really any better than the average unicorn. If she were to weild an element, it would be honesty or kindness. She values LOGIC.

Her name/theme was inspired a bit by Blue amber, a stone that glows under black light. I was thinking her cutie mark would be said rock, representing "a light in the dark", or hope.

I'd like blue to be somewhere in her scheme, but the it doesnt necessarily have to be the same shade of blue that I used in my drawing.

Anypony? I am in serious need of colour therapy.

http://colorschemedesigner.com/csd-3.5/

Thanks for your vote for my OC's name!  :wub:

In return, here's a few possible schemes I came up with. Each of them were colors taken directly from pictures of Blue Amber I found on Google (BTW, that's hooves down one of the coolest looking things I've ever seen! Sah-weet!!)

They're all against a gray background so they don't get washed out by the white.

Anyway...

post-25639-0-97346300-1415520675_thumb.pngpost-25639-0-52456200-1415520678_thumb.png

post-25639-0-78056600-1415520679_thumb.pngpost-25639-0-77746900-1415520680_thumb.png

The only differences in the ones below are the EYE color and the little band on her tail is matched to her eye color.

post-25639-0-03178900-1415520671_thumb.pngpost-25639-0-73695100-1415520673_thumb.png

post-25639-0-04143200-1415520668_thumb.png

The colors I pulled from the pictures and used:

post-25639-0-32968800-1415520681_thumb.png

===================================================================

@retrosteamknight If you can tell me how to post a poll, that would help! :P

Not even I know that yet, :(  but I will get back to you after some research.

When you create or edit your topics, there is a little link on the RIGHT side of the page that lets you create a poll and edit answers etc etc

===================================================================

Also, I tried to find a similar scheme on that site you provided, this is as close as I can get manually...

http://colorschemedesigner.com/csd-3.5/#0O31Hw0w0w0w0

Edited by PE Brony

@PE Brony, unfortunately I say neigh. I don't really like the bold orange colour.

See? That wasn't hard. If it's just the orange, try the blues. Your OC! Good luck on finding one you really like!  :)

No orange, just because.  :lol:

post-25639-0-54621300-1415567647_thumb.pngpost-25639-0-39046000-1415567648_thumb.png

Edited by PE Brony
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that's kinda a problem with using actual 'blue amber' to grab the base colors from, as blue and green are naturally cold colors. It's hard to warm that up without making it more 'yellow amber' with the blue as an accent. :)

Yeah, that's kinda a problem with using actual 'blue amber' to grab the base colors from, as blue and green are naturally cold colors. It's hard to warm that up without making it more 'yellow amber' with the blue as an accent. :)

The blue IS an accent--it's just the colour of her cutire mark. That's really all I've set in stone--her cutie mark is blue and white.

The blue IS an accent--it's just the colour of her cutire mark. That's really all I've set in stone--her cutie mark is blue and white.

Sorry, I was referring to my attempt up there. :) With those colors I chose, it's hard to get 'warm'. :)

• 3 weeks later...