Thanksgiving plans?

iceestarz

I don't really care for Thanksgiving to be honest. None of my extended family lives in the same state as mine so no big get togethers.

My family usually just goes to a restaurant and I'll get like spring rolls or something.

Edited by Cupcakes14
  • Brohoof 1

Probably staying here again. This is the first time in 2 (3?) years that I'll be with my family since football apparently needs to be on thanksgiving day, and is more important than anything else >_>.

I can't wait to dine a lot :nom:.

Also, I'll be getting paid to perform at some basketball games :yay: (not on TGD).

• Brohoof 5

I have no idea how to celebrate Thanksgiving now, when I don’t eat meat. Can’t even imagine this holiday without a turkey. Any ideas?.. :catface:

• Brohoof 1

The family always has a big get-together.

We'll play some videogames, like Mario Party, and Mario Kart, do some karaoke, and eat lots of sugary foods.

Especially Cake.

Miku_Thanksgiving.jpg

Then we'll pass out for a couple of hours. :yay:

It's lots of fun! :)

• Brohoof 2

I have no idea how to celebrate Thanksgiving now, when I don’t eat meat. Can’t even imagine this holiday without a turkey. Any ideas?.. :catface:

There's something called Tofurky. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tofurky

I've never had it, but if you suffer from allergies to the soy and/or wheat gluten, then ya can't eat it. :(

If that's the case, you can find some links to some alternatives at that wiki link.

• Brohoof 1

I am going to my cousin's house on Thanksgiving day and to my aunt's house the Saturday after.

Edited by Royal Blue Jay

My parents are making me go to thanksgiving dinner even though I'd rather just stay at home and sleep.

Not a fan of thanksgiving honestly, especially the "football" and "watching everyone eat a disgustingly large amount of food" parts.

• Brohoof 1

My family's hosting Thanksgiving dinner as they have for the past thirty years now. I'm going to help in preparing the deserts and appetizers.

Probably staying here again. This is the first time in 2 (3?) years that I'll be with my family since football apparently needs to be on thanksgiving day, and is more important than anything else >_>.

I can't wait to dine a lot :nom:.

Also, I'll be getting paid to perform at some basketball games :yay: (not on TGD).

I watch football and I think the idea of having them play on Thanksiving is stupid.

• Brohoof 1

The usual, go to my Aunt Debbie's, have dinner, be home round 5ish.

Nothin too special. Yes I do watch the parade still. And I do try to help with whatever my mom makes for the dinner. A few people tend to bring a few dishes. My family tends to bring at least 3. Debbie's family of course makes the main courses, the rest bring deserts, though they mate a few themselves.

Get up in the morning, watch the parade, make fun of the parade, call it a giant commercial, watch the news, make fun of the fools who think Black Thursday sales are actually big deals.

Watch my mother cook the turkey. Nothing. Nothing. 1PM football game.

Wait. Wait. 3PM football game.

Turn off the TV. Stuff. Stuff. Turkey. Eat turkey. Keep the cat off the turkey.

Eating stuff. Drinking stuff. Nothing. Nothing. Late football game.

Go to bed. Sleep tight. Get ready to make snarky and/or observational remarks on fools going out on Black Friday. (How very materialistic we are. -_- )

What a day to celebrate the highest of American social values: indulgence, consumerism, imperialism and FOOTBALL!!!!!!

Edited by Wind Chaser
  • Brohoof 4