Thanksgiving plans?

iceestarz

I'm actually going to be in New York for thanksgiving, our school band is going on a trip to there for thanksgiving break, and I think we're even having a thanksgiving dinner while we're up there.

So I guess that, usually when I'm here we just have family over and eat food ;p. And then I secretly take pictures of everyone in my family when they fall asleep sitting in their chairs :D.(Or atleast that's what I did last year.)

• Brohoof 3

My plans consist of the same thing every year,

We first go to my mom's sister's house with my mom's side of the family gathered and eat delicious food, hang out, and talk.

Then, we go my dad's sister's house and...pretty much the same thing. 

Nothing super special or big..

Thanksgiving is an elaborate occasion at our place, where the entire family gets together at our house. We already started shopping for it at the beginning of the month! First and foremost, the menu is decided - this year it's roast turkey (but obvious!), sausages with herb stuffing, green bean casserole, mash potato gravy, sweet orange potatoes, dinner rolls, cranberry sauce and sparkling cider (see, I know it like the back of my hand!) :lol:

The kids will have a long weekend holiday so they are planning to watch the much-awaited Penguins of Madagascar movie. Some of us adults will have to accompany them (willingly or unwillingly). The others will lounge back after stuffing themselves with the delectable spread and spend the remaining hours of the day watching football.

Oh, and we also like to play the A to Z family gratitude game, where everyone sits together in a circle and every person says out loud what he or she is grateful for, according to whichever letter of the alphabet the player is upto.

Festive times are here!

• Brohoof 1

Because Britain has never heard of FREEDOM.

(And eating enough food to gain 2 pants sizes in one day.)

Yeah America is so free isn't it "cough cough republicans cough cough", and don't worry we've got the same weight problem over here (the government is just being a lot more fascist over it).

Thanksgiving break in our school. I'll just sleep. Rest in peace myself.

This is probably what I'll end up doing though.

For the first time in 4 years my school has the whole week off next week. It usually was just like 2 weekdays or something. But now it's the whole week :D

• Brohoof 1

We have two Thanksgivings, so to speak. For the first, my parents and I go to my aunt's house for dinner around midday. A lot of family members are glued to the TV the whole time to watch football, and a few of us who are more sensible like to eat together and just talk about things. Personally, I don't enjoy this outing because it's ruined by the football game and the shouting.

The other Thanksgiving takes place on Sunday, which consists of my parents and myself. We eat together and talk in peace. Far more relaxing and enjoyable. I would bail on the event with the rest of my family if I wouldn't feel guilty about it.

• Brohoof 1

My plans have changed. Due to some bull---t about who makes what and it being hard to keep track or something like that everyones going wherever. The dinner at my aunts is cancelled.

F------g wonderful. /sarcasm

One of the few f------g days I get out without having to ask GONE. I'm not even going or eating. F--k that.

Since this Thanksgiving day has passed, my plan for next one is to move to some good country, where everypony celebrate this nice holiday, not only such freaks like me.