Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

10 Rules for dealing with the Police.

Marine_Vet_Brony

A very informative video I thought I should share with everyone.

Those comments from all those people though.

I hate how militarized the police force is and how they get away with unpaid leaves whenever they kill someone too but not every officer is a reprehensible vile human.

There are good cops.

Solid advice right there, especially the first one. You absolutely have to keep calm around cops, if you "act a fool" you could find yourself tazed or worse. My father knew a guy who called the cops on his teenage kid after he took the car for a spin without asking. Kid ended up shot cause he didn't know how to handle himself. That changed my dad's view on cops real quick. I personally have been stopped by cops numerous times and walked away without so much as a ticket cause I know how to act. Don't give them any lip or cause to be aggressive, but don't let them take advantage of your politeness either. 

Also be smart with who you hang with, especially who you let into your car or house. You get someone in your car that's packing something illegal and your car is searched EVERYONE is in trouble. Same applies for getting rides from that shady friend of yours, don't get in his car if you know he's got some shit in there, your just asking for trouble and it would be better if you just walked. You could play it straight to like "Nah man cops are out in force today and I don't know what'cha got goin on in there. I don't give a sh*t what you do dude but I ain't getting heat for it either" 

If they are your friend they will get you, and you are saying you aren't going to be their problem either, which is good safety wise. This is coming from a guy that has been friends with everyone from convicted felons, gang members, Prostitutes, drug addicts, and everything in between WHILE NEVER HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE LAW. 

Heres a few more situation specific rules to note:

1: If you have a open glass bottle of any alcohol in your car, and your stopped, break the bottle over the back of the passengers seat, that way you don't get in trouble for open container. If its a beer can, empty its contents, then crush the can.

2: If you are driving with friends and you know someone has weed and you get stopped make sure they either eat it before the cops sees it, or that everybody else is ready to snitch, otherwise everybody in the car will be arrested for possession.

3: A cop cannot legally give a citation to you if they themselves are breaking the law. A good example is that if your speeding 5 miles over, and the cop that stops you has a broken headlight, they cant give you a ticket, and if they do, take a picture of their car as evidence in court.